What's new

US offers Joint Strike Fighter to India

Yeah, but is the f-35 any good anyway?

I am not an expert and know little about F35. However, the nations that are part of it are having second thoughts about buying them. I am not convinced about F35, if it managed to deliver all that and in the cost that it initially set out to achieve from the drawing board.

If the Bid provided by Dassault and EADS didnt come within Bench marking.. you can expect F-35 in IAF for sure...

:), how do you expect that they will try and under match the bid which is set for 126 fighters. The allocated budget is $11 billion however thats not including everything....We are buying one of these fighters for sure after deciding the lowest bidder on all aspect.

The second thing is that, if there were any chance at all of going for F-35 we wouldnt have rejected it straight away. and what will you get after buying F-35. Truely speaking "nothing"

It will cost 150million $ that is way too much.

You never know at what price it can be offered ! If the US wants us to do away with MMRCA that costs about 100 million $ a piece and the Indian airforce wants 126 of them then it is unlikely India will even consider MMRCA seriously at a price tag of 150 million $. Whatever we can say about US, one thing is true. They are very good at business and can make offers that are tempting. In my humble opinion if pursued the US may drop the price below 120 million $ with a high percentage of manufacturing outsourced to India that is in any case is mandatory under offsets clause for MMRCA.

Cheap comment... Every nation wants business, India is doing the same with USA to get foreign investment, You can't call India hooker.. For businessmen client is everything.
Defense deals aren't done that way ... Remember MRCA is still going on !

You never know at what price it can be offered ! If the US wants us to do away with MMRCA that costs about 100 million $ a piece and the Indian airforce wants 126 of them then it is unlikely India will even consider MMRCA seriously at a price tag of 150 million $. Whatever we can say about US, one thing is true. They are very good at business and can make offers that are tempting. In my humble opinion if pursued the US may drop the price below 120 million $ with a high percentage of manufacturing outsourced to India that is in any case is mandatory under offsets clause for MMRCA.

$ 30 million a peice, you dont know what else is gonna get dropped. As far as avionics is concerned. Remember F-35 mainly relies on its avionics than flight performance.

This news has been going around for more than a year now. IAF is locked on to Typhoon/Rafale. US has failed to meet the MMRCA requirements. IN may consider the F-35C for the second carrier by 2018 or so if it comes with latest tech.

1st of all USA never gives f-35 to Pakistan before 2025 if relations are good
but we have no money for this too expensive machine when j-20 and j-2x are easily available
f-35 maintains cost is much high than the jet
many countries are not interested in this
even turkey have started its own stealth jet
so we have 2 option Chinese and Turkish on tot
Indian just have 1 pakfa
amca is just on paper

I don;t know why this mambo jambo is happening here.
If US is ready to offer the F35, let them be ready until we are ready. Right now we have locked on to Typhon/Rafale and only one of them is going to rule the Indian SKIES for the next 10 years until the next mordernization of the IAF will take place in buying new toys.
After all this plane is not operational with any one right now. if the US want a test customer they can try their own a$$

As I have said elsewhere, India will have to scrap the present MMRCA program of selecting an European aircraft in favor of an US. Under terms India has agreed with USA, India is tied to that nation for her defense purchases. It is all money-matter for US Administrations which are put up by Neo Cons/MNCs/Arms Peddlers. India is deep in Uncle Sam's bag.

Joker.

:lol: :lol: :lol: When we have superpower Bangladesh as our friend we do not need to be in Uncle Sam's bag or their finance. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
turkey have started its own stealth jet so we have 2 option Chinese and Turkish on tot Indian just have 1 pakfa
amca is just on paper

all of a sudden turkey if flashing on PDF.....my friend....so did you really mean that Turkey will develop world classs steath fighter jet and they will export them too!!!...what an optimisim yar....good for the vendors and not for the buyers...

Bl[i]tZ;2245913 said:
I'm saying cancel those mig 29k orders for the future Aircraft carriers. We've already operated Sea Harrier, one of the most work intensive planes with STOVL capability.

It is time to get F-35 for the navy. An aircraft carrier with 2 squadrons of F-35 on it plus a nuke submarine in its CBG would allow us to project the right amount of force in East Asia.

This LM video talks about Sea Harriers too! :)

Mig 29k selected only for Vikrmaditya and IAC-1. For future carriers are options are still open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but is the f-35 any good anyway?
Thats the thing. IAF has an extensive knowledge about other fighter jets, all they have to do is just try out F35. If there is a significant capability difference between f35 and Rafale & EF the we should purchase F35. US is willing to bend alot (not as much as Rafale and EF but still). As far as ToT is concerned there is no benefit in that as it isn't doing any good to Indian companies especially HAL and MDL. We can give them some concession in return of radar source code. Also we shouldn't be thinking about the requirement of Strategic command as only if Rafale is selected then only it will be met.

I also think if there is a prototype for F18 future version, we should also take a look at it after-all F18 has the best aesa in MMRCA and also a good experience unlike EF which is also way too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom