What's new

US planes violate Pakistan airspace

Nasir

Reaction score
US planes violate Pakistan airspace
By Our Correspondent
WANA, May 8: US fighter planes on Monday fired three missiles on the Khwaja Khizar mountains near Angoor Adda in South Waziristan on Monday. According to official sources, three tribesmen were seriously injured. Eight people are reported missing.

Sources said the tribesmen were working on the mountains when the strike took place.

The source identified the wounded as Khwaja Khan, Ameer Khan and Ibrahim. They were taken to a hospital where their condition was stated to be critical.

One of the wounded men was quoted as saying that 11 people were excavating chromites from the mountains when the US planes attacked.

AP adds: Meanwhile, US military in Kabul said airstrikes on a cave complex near Afghanistan’s border with Pakistan on Monday killed four Taliban militants and destroyed a truck loaded with rockets.

Military officials in Pakistan said helicopters fired missiles into the country’s territory, and officials started an investigation into whether US aircraft were involved.

But Lt-Col Paul Fitzpatrick, a US military spokesman, said the strike was one or two kilometres inside the Afghan border and that no missiles landed inside Pakistan.

A US military statement issued in Kabul said that coalition forces were in direct communication with Pakistani forces on the other side of the border during Monday’s operation.

A senior Pakistani military official, seeking anonymity, said two missiles landed close to Angoor Adda.

The official said three civilians were wounded and that eight people were unaccounted for.

Pakistan is investigating whether US forces are involved and will lodge a protest if a fact-finding team sent to the area uncovers information indicating American involvement, the official said.

Before the strike, a joint team of US ground forces and Afghan soldiers observed individuals loading a truck near the cave with rockets, the US military statement said.

A patrol sent to investigate after the strike was fired on by one militant, who was captured, the US military said.

Online adds: Pakistan military spokesman Maj-Gen Shaukat Sultan denied reports that US helicopters had violated Pakistani territory.

“There is no violation of Pakistani territory. However, three of the injured are being investigated who are in our custody,” the Inter-Service Public Relations director-general told a private television channel.

He insisted that the operation was being carried out within Afghanistan’s territory. However, he said, the three injured had come to a Pakistani post.

“I have no knowledge about the operation.”

“However, the injured came to Pakistani post who were providing with medical treatment,” he added

http://www.dawn.com/2006/05/09/top3.htm

Tell us some thing new:sad: , they were doing this, they are doing this and in future as well..... you know very well:what:

melb4aust said:
Tell us some thing new:sad: , they were doing this, they are doing this and in future as well..... you know very well:what:

They wouldn't be doing this if we could take care of the Taleban by ourselves.
Hate me if you want, but we should be more sopportive of the NATO and US fighting OBL.
Their bases are reported to be shifting from Afghanistan to NWFP, I believe some of that rumor is true.
Now, do you want us to accomodate OBL and Co?

OBL is a persistant threat to us, the sooner we deal with him the better for us. We don't want the situation to get worse or in a few years we'll be hearing about UNSC considering action against Pakistan.
Picture that!

I'm sorry about the civilains being killed in such actions, but its part of the collateral damage, civilians in NWFP is helping OBS and Co, this is the price to be paid...

Just my two cents..

Neo said:
They wouldn't be doing this if we could take care of the Taleban by ourselves.
Hate me if you want, but we should be more sopportive of the NATO and US fighting OBL.
Their bases are reported to be shifting from Afghanistan to NWFP, I believe some of that rumor is true.
Now, do you want us to accomodate OBL and Co?

OBL is a persistant threat to us, the sooner we deal with him the better for us. We don't want the situation to get worse or in a few years we'll be hearing about UNSC considering action against Pakistan.
Picture that!

I'm sorry about the civilains being killed in such actions, but its part of the collateral damage, civilians in NWFP is helping OBS and Co, this is the price to be paid...
Just my two cents..

Very true, the sooner this problem is taken care of, the faster NATO and US troops will leave afghanistan. It is Pakistan's interest that all foreign fighters are evicted from the tribal areas. I was reading reports about how they caught a Tunisian national from FATA.

Exactly!
I'm also worried about the islamists in the NWFP government which are pro taleban and also the opposition which will use this even to scaore an extra mile.

A question to all Pakistani members;

Why is the government reluctant to take full sovereinity of the FATA?
Would that be against the constitution?

Would we be risking an all out civilian war if we initaited action against sardars?

Neo said:
Exactly!
I'm also worried about the islamists in the NWFP government which are pro taleban and also the opposition which will use this even to scaore an extra mile.
They wont dont worry.They are part of the game initiated by US so u dont need to worry about them.They are not like wht u r thinking.
They more power hungry than being 'Islamists' kinldy dont use this word for people like these the word has been exploited by the Western Media and rulers otherwise Islamists nothing to do with the negative mind set only the insane ppl using this name.

Jana Jee,

Did mean no harm by using the word 'Islamist', wich is actually the official word for 'political ideologies derived from Islamic fundamentalism'.

I'm worried about fundamentalists in NWFP or anywhere in Pakistan.

Plz dont backbite someone whom u have never seen doing anything wrong. I mean religious parties. Before u succumb to international biased media campaign, do think that u r the only person who will receive chastisement in the hereafter for backbitingyour muslim brother.

I dont see where he was backbiting muslims,. Infact if each and every one of the muslim thinks and act like him, there will be no case of fundamentalism anywhere and no one will get killed in the name of religion.

I don't think Neo meant any harm.

He used the word for the want of a better word and for brevity.

Call them by any name that you want, but don't you think that they are doing Pakistan harm too?

The current govt, one may like the structure they have assigned themselves or not, is trying to bring in foreign investments that will yield results, even if not immediately, but sometime sooner than later. This will engine the economy and in fact, it has already. This will improve the fundamentals of Pakistani life.

Is that better or letting people create a security credibility gap wherein capital flees from Pakistan?

It reminds of the adage - you win some and you lose some.

Nothing in life is perfect.

Salim sahib, welcome aboard!
We have an introsection in the PFF Cafe.
Please do introduce yourself and tell us about your interests, hoobies, profession etc..
Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers!
Neo

Neo said:
Salim sahib, welcome aboard!
We have an introsection in the PFF Cafe.
Please do introduce yourself and tell us about your interests, hoobies, profession etc..
Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers!
Neo
Neo, you know him quite well. Now I have company, watch out.:thumbsup:

sword9 said:
Neo, you know him quite well. Now I have company, watch out.:thumbsup:

i think u already have company of Rafale, and others u know whom i mean by this and now this Salim indeed with a Muslim name to mislead so enjoy ur company :laugh:

Dont worry Neo knows how to deal andhe has some company also thts why he invited all of u :)

Back
Top Bottom