What's new

US plans to bomb Miranshah and kill 200 civilians in revenge?

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
There is some buzz going about USG debating whether or not bomb heavily populated areas to route out the Haqqanis. A figure of 200 civilians has been speculated that would be lost as collateral damage. Apparently the hesitancy is only in the high collateral damage but in the Obama Administration words like "revenge" are being used to justify killing 200 civilians.

This is mostly just hearsay from various journalists, but I heard Najam Sethi repeat this and use the same 200 civilians number in the Show "Apas ki Baat" and so it takes it a notch above a mere rumor.

May better sense prevail in the jackasses that are running the USG these days.

There is some buzz going about USG debating whether or not bomb heavily populated areas to route out the Haqqanis. A figure of 200 civilians has been speculated that would be lost as collateral damage. Apparently the hesitancy is only in the high collateral damage but in the Obama Administration words like "revenge" are being used to justify killing 200 civilians.

This is mostly just hearsay from various journalists, but I heard Najam Sethi repeat this and use the same 200 civilians number in the Show "Apas ki Baat" and so it takes it a notch above a mere rumor.

May better sense prevail in the jackasses that are running the USG these days.

I think sethi was talking about the worst case scenario, US and PK cant afford to burn bridges so I have hopes such an incident doesn't occur.
Civilian deaths are unacceptable.

The thing about burning bridges is that Pakistan and US are at an impasse. The US needs to attack Haqqanis, be successful or not is secondary. PA needs to get Haqqanis removed, it can't do that on its own since then the Afghanis would start attacking Pakistan.

So would that thinking make the PA go like, sure why not? Bomb away. Then when the US bombs them the commotion in the country overthrows the government the new government comes and forges better relations with the US.

All's well that end's well and 200 dead.

that would be political suicide.....especially as they seek an exit strategy of some kind

it would also be an act of war, and Pakistan (not just the Army, but the people also) would take action

Pakistan should do the operation themselves and then tell the whole world by recording it, and give itself postive publicity and trust in the world community again.

that would be political suicide.....especially as they seek an exit strategy of some kind

it would also be an act of war, and Pakistan (not just the Army, but the people also) would take action

I wonder how far has America slid down the rabbits hole that today they can justify killing 200 civilians as a means of revenge?

well it's a no-brainer really......any such misadventure would not only be a war-crime, it would also lead to radicalization and more terrorism more likely. As it is, anti-Americanism is high not just in Pakistan but in the general region (leave aside Afghanistan)

i think the Americans are not so stupid they would do that

well it's a no-brainer really......any such misadventure would not only be a war-crime, it would also lead to radicalization and more terrorism more likely. As it is, anti-Americanism is high not just in Pakistan but in the general region (leave aside Afghanistan)

i think the Americans are not so stupid they would do that

When they actually do it, they won't say it was revenge. But now if it happens I guess we can assume it.

They will say Pakistanis are lying and that only 30 people died, all were militants

US is coming for Haqqanis in NW, that is for sure.

Before the next presidential election Obama will obviously make this kid of move. This is in his mindfor a very long time. The worrying thing currently is Pakistan is not at all responding to the blame game which US has started now. We have to make them understand with full tone that they will not blame us for their failures in Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom