What's new

US plans to bomb Miranshah and kill 200 civilians in revenge?

well it's a no-brainer really......any such misadventure would not only be a war-crime, it would also lead to radicalization and more terrorism more likely. As it is, anti-Americanism is high not just in Pakistan but in the general region (leave aside Afghanistan)

i think the Americans are not so stupid they would do that

I Agree with you on all accounts, but Pakistan has been on international level diplomatically weak and on backfoot with absolutely no voice at all, your President, PM, Foreign Office, Foreign Minister and Top Military Brass has issued statements but they are not enough and not vigorous and not strong.

On international level No body gave a damn about our military personnel lives and civilian lives 35000+..

US voice has been heard and accepted internationally, thus war-crime is not in question, they have been fed and the world believes Haqqani and ISI (all lies) who are with evil designs against Afghanistan and US.

Pakistan needs to be the strongest on diplomatically level at this point of time and strongest messages has to be sent by Pak Armed Forces, radicalization and terrorism has only encircled Pakistan.

There is some buzz going about USG debating whether or not bomb heavily populated areas to route out the Haqqanis. A figure of 200 civilians has been speculated that would be lost as collateral damage. Apparently the hesitancy is only in the high collateral damage but in the Obama Administration words like "revenge" are being used to justify killing 200 civilians.

This is mostly just hearsay from various journalists, but I heard Najam Sethi repeat this and use the same 200 civilians number in the Show "Apas ki Baat" and so it takes it a notch above a mere rumor.

May better sense prevail in the jackasses that are running the USG these days.

Then why give it respect by reproducing what you admit is just rumor and gossip?

There is some buzz going about USG debating whether or not bomb heavily populated areas to route out the Haqqanis. A figure of 200 civilians has been speculated that would be lost as collateral damage. Apparently the hesitancy is only in the high collateral damage but in the Obama Administration words like "revenge" are being used to justify killing 200 civilians.

This is mostly just hearsay from various journalists, but I heard Najam Sethi repeat this and use the same 200 civilians number in the Show "Apas ki Baat" and so it takes it a notch above a mere rumor.

Such an act would be considered an act of WAR. America cannot afford to start a war with a third Muslim country. Pakistan is not Iraq or Afghanistan. The first thing Pakistan can do in such a case is to declare USA hostile country and stop the transshipment of Nato supplies and petroleum through Pakistan. That will put a monkey ranch in Nato ability to conduct war in Afghan theatre. Next, shoot down any drones that fire on pakistani territory.

There is already 'internal bleeding', but mostly confined to the Western parts of Pakistan. The US is suffering from huge losses in Afghanistan as a whole, so it is not a situation the US wants to be in. When the US embassy in Kabul is attacked for 20 hours, you know things aren't right in Afghanistan. The losses Pakistan suffers on its Western borders is mostly linked to the situation inside Afghanistan, hence, I don't see any significant changes in the geopolitical situation in the region in the coming months.

It is presently confined to the the Western parts, yes, but for now. The conditions to spread the mayhem already exist and it is only a matter of time they are utilized for major cities.

US is just making some big noise before it finally goes out. Wants to go out with a bang I guess. Just a few more years to go, enjoy the permanent holiday after that you schmuck.

I watched that whole program. I don't like him much but his 90% prediction in past was 101% accurate. Now his new prediction not actually prediction sort of real senerio abouit US forces operation inside Pakistan and after effect look more real. Did you listen what he said @ last

How Military will react after that ? remember OBL operation he said what was 101% right after 10 days when Military and other parties admitted the same way what he said in his program 10 days back!

Afghanistan is a battlefield and a battle ground of PAKISTAN "Mark my words"

IF any kind of operation from US side PAkistan will **** American a*** with in day... Talibans and many other listen what our forces and our agencies want. US will lost her super-solo-control over Asia and arab countries if US will try any kind of adventure against Pakistan.

Pakistan is not Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Saudia, Kuwait etc!

Surely OBL allegedly being given refuge by the Army/ISI in the heartland of Pakistan is a bigger incident than what happened to the US embassy in Kabul. I don't see an open confrontation between the US & Pakistan, & if Pakistan refuses to take action against the Haqqanis, nothing much will change.

Then why give it respect by reproducing what you admit is just rumor and gossip?

I have cited two sources since then - the only thing more my own source adds is that the debate is ongoing how to spin the killing of 200 civilians for PR/media purposes and is being justified by reasoning out "vengeance" in front of Obama.

It is a highly condemn-able act if its true so Obama's true circumstances must be outed so that whoever saner can put this plan off must do it now.

This is such a funny statement that Pakistan will fight with Haqqani. First of all Why would Pakistan will fight with a statergic asset of himself? It is like a act of suicide within itself. It is the US who is in problem due to Haqqani group not the pakistan.....Dont expect any progress with such type of talks....Nothing is going to happen...just keep on listening to the stories...

So they have decided to bomb a place and have already decided the casualties as well??Oh well.. after the attack on Osama deep inside Pakistan,I have to admit,that is not impossible any more.

The mission of the Pakistan army and Air Force is the protection of Pakistan and it's citizens and their property, regardless of who is the enemy - if they can't do this, then we should not give such a huge portion of our meager resources to these institutions -- On the other hand, if the Army along with others, can succeed in it's mission and recreate Pakistan, cleanse it of elements that seek to destroy it from within and outside - well, then in that case, they may make a claim on even larger resources and Pakistanis will happily afford them.

I'm really surprised how few see this as a heaven sent opportunity - when was the last time Pakistan was united around a single idea? When was the last time Pakistan as a nation was clear as to what and who the enemy are and what must be done?

I'm not suggesting that Pakistan engage in chest thumping and bravado, rather that this is an opportunity to prepare, to galvanize the entire nation into action - not against anybody other than those who pose a danger, a threat to Pakistan, to Pakistanis and their property.

totally agree with you sir, it is time for our military establishment to act in the interest of this poor nation. although i have doubts but still hope so our military for once stands up for this poor nation.

I watched that whole program. I don't like him much but his 90% prediction in past was 101% accurate. Now his new prediction not actually prediction sort of real senerio abouit US forces operation inside Pakistan and after effect look more real. Did you listen what he said @ last

How Military will react after that ? remember OBL operation he said what was 101% right after 10 days when Military and other parties admitted the same way what he said in his program 10 days back!

Afghanistan is a battlefield and a battle ground of PAKISTAN "Mark my words"

IF any kind of operation from US side PAkistan will **** American a*** with in day... Talibans and many other listen what our forces and our agencies want. US will lost her super-solo-control over Asia and arab countries if US will try any kind of adventure against Pakistan.

Pakistan is not Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Saudia, Kuwait etc!

Agree.. Apart from Afghanistan, rest of them are far better, stronger (not necessarily Militarily) and prosperous countries than Pakistan

Agree.. Apart from Afghanistan, rest of them are far better, stronger (not necessarily Militarily) and prosperous countries than Pakistan

Pakistan has a higher GDP PPP than Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait; pretty much the same as Egypt, & only less than Saudi Arabia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom