What's new

US police have already killed over 700 people in 2022, on track to break record

‘Without transformative changes, another 440 people will likely be killed by police before year ends,’ database founder says

US police officers have killed more people through the first seven months of the year than they have any other year on record, according to the Mapping Police Violence database.

Police officers have already killed over 700 people in 2022 and are on pace to kill more people this year than in any year since the project began tracking police killings in 2013.

The numbers are a sobering look at where the movements to reform or abolish police departments stand two years after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis sparked a nationwide debate over the role of police in public safety.

Despite a push by activists and aligned politicians to cut police budgets, reform police training standards, and, in one high-profile case, replace the Minneapolis Police Department with a new Department of Public Safety, there have been only eight days so far this year on which US police officers have not killed anyone.

Mapping Police Violence’s data paints a clear picture of the issues plaguing American policing.

There are many bad people on the streets of the US and the US police do what they have to do which save other people and themselves.

Usa should learn from china and have our police run away from people breaking laws..
learn from each other.

Screenshot_20221125_113110.jpg

The intentional homicide rate of the US is 6.5 deaths (wiki source) per 100,000 individuals per year (compared to just 0.2 in Japan, 0.5 in China and 1.5 in Vietnam). With the US population around 300 millions, the number of homicide deaths would be much higher than 109.

As i understand, homicide equals to murder.
I wrote it wrong. People kill about 100 police officers every year.

‘Without transformative changes, another 440 people will likely be killed by police before year ends,’ database founder says

US police officers have killed more people through the first seven months of the year than they have any other year on record, according to the Mapping Police Violence database.

Police officers have already killed over 700 people in 2022 and are on pace to kill more people this year than in any year since the project began tracking police killings in 2013.

The numbers are a sobering look at where the movements to reform or abolish police departments stand two years after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis sparked a nationwide debate over the role of police in public safety.

Despite a push by activists and aligned politicians to cut police budgets, reform police training standards, and, in one high-profile case, replace the Minneapolis Police Department with a new Department of Public Safety, there have been only eight days so far this year on which US police officers have not killed anyone.

Mapping Police Violence’s data paints a clear picture of the issues plaguing American policing.

Awwww, isn't it telling that a commiebot on a Pakistani defense site quoting a British newspaper is so worried about transformative changes in US policing. :lol:

Why did a Chinese drag USA in? Is he feeling insecure?
This topic is pointless.

Police job is to protect people, use force if you have to, and kill if you have to.

Of those 770 killing, how many of those are unlawful? That is the number people should look at.

When someone is threaten someone else with a firearms or any sort of deadly weapon, what should the Police do? Seat the man down and talk to him??

This topic is pointless.

Police job is to protect people, use force if you have to, and kill if you have to.

Of those 770 killing, how many of those are unlawful? That is the number people should look at.

When someone is threaten someone else with a firearms or any sort of deadly weapon, what should the Police do? Seat the man down and talk to him??

It is pointless, but why are such topics so endless on PDF? The management is complicit.

This topic is pointless.

These guys should start watching channels on Youtube that have footage from bodycams. They'll see the context and see what US police deal with every day.

Vast majority of these killing are 100% justified. There are too many crazy people here in the US. Policing isn’t what it use to be, now everything is in body camera. One wrong move and Police officer is toast.

These guys should start watching channels on Youtube that have footage from bodycams. They'll see the context and see what US police deal with every day.
I don't even know if Chinese Police uses bodycam??

The context of law is that everyone, by which I mean EVERYONE have the same right and defence on doing something, no one person or one group are above the other. And the definition of civilised society is for people to treat criminal better than they would treat their victim, that's because we don't want to degenerate into their level.

These people know nothing about law and order, making post like this is pretty stupid and funny.

It is pointless, but why are such topics so endless on PDF? The management is complicit.
Well, I think a bit of Anti-US is allowed everywhere, hell, it was even allowed in the US lol......

I don't even know if Chinese Police uses bodycam??

The context of law is that everyone, by which I mean EVERYONE have the same right and defence on doing something, no one person or one group are above the other. And the definition of civilised society is for people to treat criminal better than they would treat their victim, that's because we don't want to degenerate into their level.

These people know nothing about law and order, making post like this is pretty stupid and funny.

Well, I think a bit of Anti-US is allowed everywhere, hell, it was even allowed in the US lol......
They don't even mention how the police is beating up people who are tired of the quarantine in China right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom