What's new

US reassures India on military aid to Pakistan

I genuinely feel sorry for the people who believe any 'assurances'. Lets take simple logic.

USA sells F-16 block 52s to Pak
USA sells AMRAAMs to Pak
USA assures India they wont be used against India.

So the question is, why the hell did USA sell these to Pak. Ok, maybe someone dull can swallow the theory that the F-16s will only be used in WoT, to carry out ground attack against the Taliban.

But what are the AMRAAMS for? to shoot Taliban flying carpets out of the sky? Even an inmate in a lunatics asylum will know that they are meant for India only, unless the US top brass have somehow deluded themselves into thinking Pakistan will fight China or Iran.

So basically, USA has knowingly supplied Pak weapons to be used against India, as a 'carrot' to keep the Pakistanis fighting WoT. And then they assure us, publicly, that they wont be used against us. WTF? Do they expect to 'motivate' Pakistan to fight WoT weapons that won't be allowed against India? Of course not. If they genuinely didn't want the weapons used against us, they wouldn't have supplied them in the first place! Fact is that USA needs Pak to fight WoT, will supply more weapons to them, and will give us assurances of safety as a means to keep us quiet and to also try grab some market share in a booming economy.

If USA has installed kill switches, source codes or what-not on those F-16s, then it will be for use should Pak turn against USA. Don't expect Uncle SAM to pull the plug on them should war break out between India and Pak. Maybe they might, for whatever ulterior reasons they have, but its definitely not something we can count on.

Remember, like any nation on earth USA looks out for only itself. so we shouldn't get lulled into a sense of security by these assurances. They maybe true, but we can't chance that, and nor should we gloat over some empty words we are told.

Hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

Goodness me, now the Indians have TRUST issues with the US - what the heck is goin on? Who is responsible for this?

Goodness me, now the Indians have TRUST issues with the US - what the heck is goin on? Who is responsible for this?

Relax - enjoy ur F-16's !

We'll sort it out with the Americans.

I genuinely feel sorry for the people who believe any 'assurances'. Lets take simple logic.

USA sells AMRAAMs to Pak

So the question is, why the hell did USA sell these to Pak.

This has been discussed ad infinitum, the United States is cognizant of the imbalance caused by continued acquisition of modern arms by India. We as do China recognize that a gross conventional imbalance between your two nations will have disastrous consequences for peace and regional stability. We also realize that conventional parity is untenable considering rapid asymmetric growth but with the supply of sophisticated weapons we hope to raise the stakes for India. Pakistan has every right to self defense, by supply of F-16's ,AMRAAM's,J-10's and what not we (US and China) are helping her feel secure and confident that status quo prevails.

We fully expect these arms to be used against India, but in self defense.

In English a sentence or phrase can have multiple meanings. It is a very terse language and adjectives and adverbs are to be avoided. Politicians use this to make vague statements.

Take one-China policy for example. Does the USA really believe there is only one China? Who knows. But it's stopped war from happening for a long time and may stop it from happening ever. It's a clear play on words.

If you say "X will not be used against Y" it can have multiple meanings including X will not be used first against Y, X will not be used ever against Y, X will not be used except under certain conditions against Y.

By the way I would not worry about rootkits in equipment. American F-22's failed crossing the International Date Line so they have much more important things to worry about than constructing rootkits. Indian hackers and embedded systems engineers would detect any rootkit a mile away. Same with Pakistani hackers and engineers.

Stop this useless crap and cries... stop crying all the time let people live in peace and let for GOD's sake for once . And what the aid is for is none of india's business mind your own business with what is happeing in your own nation rahter then worrying about others personal matter cry ,cry cry all the time such a shameful act it makes me sick stop it.

What about tons of chinese weapons being procured?? is US gonna assure India about that also? Is india gonna cry to Uncle Mao ??

What about tons of chinese weapons being procured?? is US gonna assure India about that also? Is india gonna cry to Uncle Mao ??

Hahaaa ::lol:, Complain to Uncle Meeaow :lol::lol::lol::rofl:, hey he's UR Uncle, but for us a friend.

Stop this useless crap and cries... stop crying all the time let people live in peace and let for GOD's sake for once . And what the aid is for is none of india's business mind your own business with what is happeing in your own nation rahter then worrying about others personal matter cry ,cry cry all the time such a shameful act it makes me sick stop it.

Yeahh exactly stop worrying about India, look at your state, your country.:cool:

All that talk of our Poverty, toilets, sati, Pati, Arrreee, you guys spending your energy and time digging into these things, what for???
What do you wanna convey??

Yeahh exactly stop worrying about India, look at your state, your country.:cool:

All that talk of our Poverty, toilets, sati, Pati, Arrreee, you guys spending your energy and time digging into these things, what for???
What do you wanna convey??

I wana convey mind you own business... and gain some knowledge before speaking to me iam not worried about india nor do i care for india ... troll :lol:

I wana convey mind you own business... (I always do)and gain some knowledge before speaking to ( What type you want Mr Scholar?me iam not worried about india nor do i care for india ... troll (Yeah Your Forum say what you like..:p:lol:

Happy to note, now tell that to your other friends.

Happy to note, now tell that to your other friends.

Incase you havent noticed.. :woot: the site is full of my friends.. it is a Pakistani forum listen stop this back forth crap.. all i was saying is india should mind its own business eather you like it or not simple crying all the time is one a shameful act two only causes more tensions i would love to see peace between the two anyhow its my holy month iam not here to fight just think about what you write next time thats all you tc :coffee:

I think the us assurance is on the equipment given to pakistan free of cost to fight terrorists(lgb,other small arms etc)and not on the equipment bought by pakistan on hard cash(f16,amraams etc).Every child can understand that pakistan is free to do whatever it likes with the weapons they bought with their money.Why are indians accusing foul play over that?

USA sells AMRAAMs to Pak

So the question is, why the hell did USA sell these to Pak. Ok, maybe someone dull can swallow the theory that the F-16s will only be used in WoT, to carry out ground attack against the Taliban.

But what are the AMRAAMS for? to shoot Taliban flying carpets out of the sky? Even an inmate in a lunatics asylum will know that they are meant for India only, unless the US top brass have somehow deluded themselves into thinking Pakistan will fight China or Iran.

So basically, USA has knowingly supplied Pak weapons to be used against India, as a 'carrot' to keep the Pakistanis fighting WoT. And then they assure us, publicly, that they wont be used against us. WTF? Do they expect to 'motivate' Pakistan to fight WoT weapons that won't be allowed against India? Of course not. If they genuinely didn't want the weapons used against us, they wouldn't have supplied them in the first place! Fact is that USA needs Pak to fight WoT, will supply more weapons to them, and will give us assurances of safety as a means to keep us quiet and to also try grab some market share in a booming economy.

If USA has installed kill switches, source codes or what-not on those F-16s, then it will be for use should Pak turn against USA. Don't expect Uncle SAM to pull the plug on them should war break out between India and Pak. Maybe they might, for whatever ulterior reasons they have, but its definitely not something we can count on.

Remember, like any nation on earth USA looks out for only itself. so we shouldn't get lulled into a sense of security by these assurances. They maybe true, but we can't chance that, and nor should we gloat over some empty words we are told.

Hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

Stop this non-sense.

It was not Pakistan threatening of war and surgical strikes after Mumbai attacks.
If Pakistan is attacked, India very well knows how badly it will pay the price, anywhere from Afghanistan to Whole of India.

So stop this crap.

Back
Top Bottom