What's new

US submits list of 10 defence technologies for transfer to India

See, this is why I can't take anyone who says that "Washington is hostile to Delhi" seriously.

Also a warning to the Indians, don't fall into their trap.

Neighbors envy owners pride :smokin:

lol, no. Pakistanis are laughing because India is falling for the same sweet talk Pakistan fell for. India seems to have learned nothing from Pakistan's mistakes.

good news for india ... i think they will demand blue prints of the great tejas mk6 in return... don't fall for that trap guys.... :no:

well jokes aside ...if news is true its good for indian inventory
:coffee:

lol, no. Pakistanis are laughing because India is falling for the same sweet talk Pakistan fell for. India seems to have learned nothing from Pakistan's mistakes.

India is trying to boost its own defense industry. Getting tech transfer from France, Russia, US, Israel, etc. Hoping such interaction will bare fruit in the long run, so no, it's not the same as Pakistan being used by US.

Don't think Pakistan had a lot of choice after 911 not unless they wanted war, we were going to kill Osama bin Laden and as many of Al Quada as possible, and we were going to kill anyone that got in the way....US military power is now a 1000 times what it was in World War II.

India is trying to boost its own defense industry. Getting tech transfer from France, Russia, US, Israel, etc. Hoping such interaction will bare fruit in the long run, so no, it's not the same as Pakistan being used by US.

See, you think so now, but in the long run it's gonna bite you in the butt. The US doesn't give anything because it wants to be nice, it doesn't even give things away for money most of the time.

But sure, if this turns out good for you, then I'm happy for India, but if not, well...I don't wanna say I told you so, but...

See, this is why I can't take anyone who says that "Washington is hostile to Delhi" seriously.

Also a warning to the Indians, don't fall into their trap.

The Clear distinction here is tech transfer is bought in collaboration with $$$ not based on charity unlike Pakistan.

you don't bite the hand that feeds you. :cuckoo:

The Clear distinction here is tech transfer is bought in collaboration with $$$ not based on charity unlike Pakistan.

you don't bite the hand that feeds you. :cuckoo:

First of all, Pakistan receives no charity from the US. This myth has been debunked on this forum by many including myself.

Second, this tech transfer has little to do with cash and more to do with China. They're using India, nothing more. It's sad that some Indians on the forums seem to ignore that. Thankfully, most of skeptical, as they should be.

First of all, Pakistan receives no charity from the US. This myth has been debunked on this forum by many including myself.

Second, this tech transfer has little to do with cash and more to do with China. They're using India, nothing more. It's sad that some Indians on the forums seem to ignore that. Thankfully, most of skeptical, as they should be.

America has given 20 billion+$ in aid to pak.

Everyone is well aware of the game being played. India knows this, but like I said, it wants to boost its own industry. And it's using experts from France, US, Russia, and Israel to reach the goal of self reliance. It's a win-win, they get cash.

And cash is absolutely important. Compare the activity going on now to the 90s, 80s when India didnt have a big military budget. You wouldn't see France, Russia, Israel, and the US making moves in India like they are know without cash. Watch when Pakistan get's a little more cash, you'll see the difference in the way they treat you.

America has given 20 billion+$ in aid to pak.

This again? Really? It feels like I'm just repeating myself at this point. This has already been explained in detail. Out of the 20 billion, 10 billion is meant as a remittance, which means that it is NOT US money but Pakistan's money for services rendered, AKA: NOT AID. The other 10 billion can't even be called aid because it barely covers 10% the total cost of what the US has asked Pakistan to do.

By the way, India has received aid too and still receives it from not just the US and UK, but from places like Japan and the world bank. Now granted, the aid from the US has dropped by 16% and the UK is going to halt aid by 2015 but that is still aid none the less.

Don't call the kettle black when you, the pot, are also the same.

By the way BLUE = url link, it's a pain in the *** to link those and keep the comment looking proper, I suggest you take a look at them.

Everyone is well aware of the game being played. India knows this, but like I said, it wants to boost its own industry. And it's using experts from France, US, Russia, and Israel to reach the goal of self reliance. It's a win-win, they get cash.

And cash is absolutely important. Compare the activiely going on now to the 90s, 80s when India didnt have a big military budget. You wouldn't see France, Russia, Israel, and the US making moves in India like they are know without cash. Watch when Pakistan get's a little more cash, you'll see the difference in the way they treat you.

I don't completely disagree with you, but the parts I do, I've already explain why. I don't like repeating myself, so you keep believing what you want and I will continue to do so as well.

Yes yes living in denial is really helping the cause. The yanks don't have to teach us on how to defend ourselves from china, we know that very well with or without their support or technology.

What causes you guys the heartburn is that is the level of trust and cooperation between US has surpassed all levels that was earlier predicated. there is no permanent friendships between states, right now we have a common enemies so we are utilizing this partnership to address those concerns that's all, mind you without putting our sovereignty for sale and getting bombed by drones.

Back
Top Bottom