What's new

US to continue spy flights after jets 'pursued' by China over Taiwan

so you want to engage China militarily, on 'humanitarian' grounds?
There is nothing 'humanitarian' about war. But it is the greater cruelty to one's people if no one is willing to speak up on how one's value system is worth defending. The world is filled with conflicting ideologies. The problems arises when a proponent of an ideology decide to bypass the reasonable part of man and appeal to his violent side. The most visible form of dictatorship in the 20th century was communism. The communists consistently failed to appeal to the reasonable part of man and that resulted in uncounted atrocities, large and small scale, throughout the world. When resisted on the intellectual battlegrounds, they always resorted to the physical ones. Communism will not go away. As far as dictatorships goes, communism has the most experience in corporate organizing into a coherent force. We cannot afford to relax our guards just because one generation of communism failed.

this is not what I was implying...I am merely saying that this is neither the time nor *place* for a confrontation --especially with China.

it will only exacerbate your domestic issues; and besides, are wary AMERICAN tax-payers ready --do they have a heart for another battle front? Do you know what the broader implications are?
But in a world filled with conflicting ideologies, confrontations are always occurring. It is the levels of confrontations that concern us, correct?

Nay!

It is just a personal hatred that he has nurtured in darkness for decades, having nothing to do with jingoism.

Poor fanatic! Just like Bin Laden…
This is what communists fear: Fanatics who are against them.

Dare to answer this question? Are YOU a fanatic when it comes to your core beliefs?
Sure I am, just tons of fanatics in South Vietnam also. In the end they still got steamrolled. All that belief counted for nothing.

Sure I am, just tons of fanatics in South Vietnam also. In the end they still got steamrolled. All that belief counted for nothing.
Good. So you approve of steamrolling your ideological opponents instead of persuading them?

Good. So you approve of steamrolling your ideological opponents instead of persuading them?
Always, you can't negotiate what you can't take by force.

Always, you can't negotiate what you can't take by force.
You are avoiding the real question. So let me put it another way: Do you approve of violence when persuasion failed? I have found your behavior to be quite common when it comes to South Viet Nam. When confronted with the question on if resistance to communism is a legitimate issue, those who are unable to answer that question usually resort to pointing out how South Viet Nam was defeated, as if defeat legitimizes the mean: violence. If so, then we should not prosecute robbers because they managed to defeat the owners and took what they wanted.

So answer: Do YOU approve of violence when persuasion failed?

There is nothing 'humanitarian' about war. But it is the greater cruelty to one's people if no one is willing to speak up on how one's value system is worth defending.

so then maybe you will agree that you cannot impose regime-changes or impose new ''systems'' on other countries through the barrel of a gun

so then why --apart from personal reasons --do you feel its necessary (for the US) to confront the "Chinese dictatorship''

Communism will not go away. As far as dictatorships goes, communism has the most experience in corporate organizing into a coherent force. We cannot afford to relax our guards just because one generation of communism failed.

in practice, its becoming harder and harder to even lavel them (the Chinese in this case) as communists

But in a world filled with conflicting ideologies, confrontations are always occurring. It is the levels of confrontations that concern us, correct?

correct.....

confrontation of ideologies however, is dangerous....''interests'' is one thing; but war of ideologies. Uh oh!

sounds like someone wants another Cold War!!!!! You better reverse the Pentagon spending cuts pronto, Mr. Nguyen.

You are avoiding the real question. So let me put it another way: Do you approve of violence when persuasion failed? I have found your behavior to be quite common when it comes to South Viet Nam. When confronted with the question on if resistance to communism is a legitimate issue, those who are unable to answer that question usually resort to pointing out how South Viet Nam was defeated, as if defeat legitimizes the mean: violence. If so, then we should not prosecute robbers because they managed to defeat the owners and took what they wanted.

So answer: Do YOU approve of violence when persuasion failed?
I answer your question quite clearly. All the belief in South Vietnam against communism could not save them from defeat. They tried violence and failed miserably, even when United States deployed half a million men to help them. So much for your fanatics.

so then maybe you will agree that you cannot impose regime-changes or impose new ''systems'' on other countries through the barrel of a gun
If you are referring to Iraq, keep in mind that the US has been persuading Saddam Hussein through TWO Presidential administrations. The way I see it, if a small country like Kuwait cannot defend itself against a larger aggressor, may be to prevent a Cold War style existence small countries need the assistance of larger countries to preserve the current order. Do you approve of Iraqi invasion of Kuwait?

so then why --apart from personal reasons --do you feel its necessary (for the US) to confront the "Chinese dictatorship''
Self preservation. Dictatorships are thugocracies that always need to gauge the abilities of others to resist their advances, especially if the foundational ideology demands the expansion and imposition of said ideology.

in practice, its becoming harder and harder to even lavel them (the Chinese in this case) as communists
I understand. It is nothing more than a convenient label. What else can we use?

correct.....

confrontation of ideologies however, is dangerous....''interests'' is one thing; but war of ideologies. Uh oh!

sounds like someone wants another Cold War!!!!! You better reverse the Pentagon spending cuts pronto, Mr. Nguyen.
Conflicting ideologies ALWAYS confront. I do not understand why this is so difficult to fathom.

I answer your question quite clearly. All the belief in South Vietnam against communism could not save them from defeat. They tried violence and failed miserably, even when United States deployed half a million men to help them. So much for your fanatics.
No, you have not. You evaded quite well. So let me ask again: Do YOU approve of violence when persuasion failed? Do YOU approve of retreat if someone resist you on intellectual grounds? Do YOU approve of taking by force when it is clear that your opponent is incapable of resistance? Those are simple questions enough and I have debated communists who are honest enough to say yes to all.

This is for everyone to see the 'logic' of communism...

Communist North Viet Nam wanted to violently take over the country. South Viet Nam resisted in the best way they know how when confronted with violence: Violence. But since South Viet Nam was defeated, that prove the argument that resistance should be avoided because it is proven to be a failure against violence.

We can only drop our jaws in wonder at how such 'logic' can be held in someone's mind.

No, you have not. You evaded quite well. So let me ask again: Do YOU approve of violence when persuasion failed? Do YOU approve of retreat if someone resist you on intellectual grounds? Do YOU approve of taking by force when it is clear that your opponent is incapable of resistance? Those are simple questions enough and I have debated communists who are honest enough to say yes to all.
This is for everyone to see the 'logic' of communism...

Communist North Viet Nam wanted to violently take over the country. South Viet Nam resisted in the best way they know how when confronted with violence: Violence. But since South Viet Nam was defeated, that prove the argument that resistance should be avoided because it is proven to be a failure against violence.

We can only drop our jaws in wonder at how such 'logic' can be held in someone's mind.

There is no evasion, just false accusations from you. South Vietnam crumbled despite the American support. If the people did not support the communists, that would not have been the case Thus, the logical conclusion is that communism was embraced by the majority and only a minority was against it. The use of violence you spoke of was simply a futile attempt to hold on to power. You are free to fight for your beliefs, but it does not mean you will win.

Then you implied that I am a communist, when you have no idea what my political beliefs are.

Pathetic~

Back
Top Bottom