What's new

US to replace Russia as India’s biggest arms supplier?

To the world

We never will be joining any kind of alliance, since our Mantra is NAM :angel:

In Secret

Indi-Yankee bhai bhai :yahoo::yahoo:

If something happens in future

Second backstabbing after 40+ years :cry::cry:

Reaction from public :hitwall::hitwall:

Reminds me of a song

" Dekh tere sansar ki haalat kya hogai bhagwaan
Kitna badal gaya insaan" :cheesy:

Whatever will happen!!! wether Usa will overtake Russia as biggest arm supplier to India or not. But ,we Indians never forget the friendship of Russia that it showed In 1971. Also they are the only one who always comes in suopport For India.
Hail to Mother Russia!!! Long live Indo-Russian Friendship.
Jai Hind!!!

I think everybody is confusing USSR with Russia. A lot of water flowed under the bridge since 1971. The two superpowers were playing their games all over the world during 1971 and Indo-Pakistan war was one such such oppurtunity for them. Yes it was lucky for us that it didn't flare up as another Vietnam and was over soon. We will not forget how USSR helped us during 1971 but Russia is no USSR.

But when push comes to shove, there will be no Godfathers to help us. Eventhough the weapons fired are foreign, blood spilled would be Indian. So it is in our interest to give the best foreign weapons (if we cannot make it ourselves) for our soldiers. Russian or American - we want the best and the latest and we are not getting this as some aid. We are paying in hard cold cash.

We must not forget that if Pakistani arms have US origins , Chinese have Russian markings. So in this world there is no friends or enemies just allies and rivals. Even the famous US- Israeli friendship is based on mutual understanding than trust as it was in the clear in the cases of Israeli intelligence agencies spying on US itself.

If India wants to play a bigger role on the world stage we must not be allowed to be bullied by anyone and for this we should have an independent foreign policy (which we have in some form or another) . For this it is in our interest to have more than two suppliers for our armed forces. After seeing the 'Vikramaditya' debacle, when it comes to Russia I have to say " Khas logon ko bhi kabi kabi yaad delana padtha hai ki wo kabi bee aam ho sakta hai"

Last edited:
Frankly, i cant understand how can US achieve what India and Russia/USSR have built for Decades.

Its possible that US may overtake Russia in Sales, for a particular year but the combined value of Ongoing 200 Projects between India and Russia value Hundreds of Billions of Dollars.. US can never match that .

See it Like This Russia for us is Like a Jweller that has been selling us Gold for Years, for many generations since 70's.

ITS NOT JUST GOLD U BUY.. BUT ITS THE TRUST AND DEEP FAITH THAT MAKES THE RELATIONSHIP.

Even if That shop is located in Different city u will leave all the shops of ur OWN city just for the sake of Traditions and Exceptional Relationship.

You may get a Car which can be of a greater value but u know u can buy it from anywhere ; TRUST is not of Primary Concern.

Now, Just see What Russia has Given Us what No One could .. MOST IMPORTANTLY, AT THE TIME INDIA WAS NOT 'THE SHINING INDIA' .

WHO COULD HAVE HELPED US WITH ARIHANT WHEN EVEN TODAY IRAN,PAKISTAN AND MANY OTHERS ARE STRUGGLING TO GET EVEN NUCLEAR REACTORS?

WHO COULD HAVE SENT ITS NUCLEAR SUB IN THE FACE OF 1971 WAR?

WHO ELSE COULD HAVE SHARED CRITICAL TECHNOLOGIES OF DEFENCE WHEN EVEN TODAY US IS ABLE TO DENY ITS KEY ALLY UK, CERTAIN TECH IN F35?

WHO ELSE COULD HELP US WITH LATEST JETS,SHIPS,RADARS,MISSILES ?

BESIDES, SOMETIME BACK A MEMBER 'MOSCOW' EVEN OUTLINED A 'SECRET' PACT BETWEEN INDIA AND RUSSIA WHICH PUTS RUSSIANS/INDIANS IN 'ALERT' MODE ONCE ANY OF THE TWO IS THREATENED.

ACCORDIMG TO HIM, RUSSIANS WERE 'SECRETLY' ON HIGH ALERT DURING KARGIL AND PARLIAMENT ATTACK.

I CAANOT CONFIRM ITS TRUE OF NOT, BUT RUSSIA PLAYS THE SAME ROLE FOR US AS CHINA PLAYS FOR PAKISTAN, US TO ISRAEL.... EXCEPTIONAL 'NO STRINGS ATTACHED' TOTAL SUPPORT.

DONT REMIND ME OF GORSHKOV ... EVEN ISRAEL GETS ANNOYED WITH US.. AND FEW INCIDENTS HARDLY AFFECT THE HALF A CENTURY OLD SOLID RELATIONSHIP.

TO BE PRECISE, US CAN BE A SELLER AND STRATEGIC PARTNER.. BUT IT WILL TAKE DECADES AND MAMMOTH 'HONEST' EFFORTS BEFORE INDO-US RELATIONSHIP CAN GET EVEN CLOSE TO 'BROTHERHOOD OF INDIA AND RUSSIA.

LONG LIVE OUR BROTHERHOOD. LONG LIVE OUR FRIENDSHIP.

Frankly, i cant understand how can US achieve what India and Russia/USSR have built for Decades.

Its possible that US may overtake Russia in Sales, for a particular year but the combined value of Ongoing 200 Projects between India and Russia value Hundreds of Billions of Dollars.. US can never match that .

See it Like This Russia for us is Like a Jweller that has been selling us Gold for Years, for many generations since 70's.

ITS NOT JUST GOLD U BUY.. BUT ITS THE TRUST AND DEEP FAITH THAT MAKES THE RELATIONSHIP.

Even if That shop is located in Different city u will leave all the shops of ur OWN city just for the sake of Traditions and Exceptional Relationship.

You may get a Car which can be of a greater value but u know u can buy it from anywhere ; TRUST is not of Primary Concern.

Now, Just see What Russia has Given Us what No One could .. MOST IMPORTANTLY, AT THE TIME INDIA WAS NOT 'THE SHINING INDIA' .

WHO COULD HAVE HELPED US WITH ARIHANT WHEN EVEN TODAY IRAN,PAKISTAN AND MANY OTHERS ARE STRUGGLING TO GET EVEN NUCLEAR REACTORS?

WHO COULD HAVE SENT ITS NUCLEAR SUB IN THE FACE OF 1971 WAR?

WHO ELSE COULD HAVE SHARED CRITICAL TECHNOLOGIES OF DEFENCE WHEN EVEN TODAY US IS ABLE TO DENY ITS KEY ALLY UK, CERTAIN TECH IN F35?

WHO ELSE COULD HELP US WITH LATEST JETS,SHIPS,RADARS,MISSILES ?

BESIDES, SOMETIME BACK A MEMBER 'MOSCOW' EVEN OUTLINED A 'SECRET' PACT BETWEEN INDIA AND RUSSIA WHICH PUTS RUSSIANS/INDIANS IN 'ALERT' MODE ONCE ANY OF THE TWO IS THREATENED.

ACCORDIMG TO HIM, RUSSIANS WERE 'SECRETLY' ON HIGH ALERT DURING KARGIL AND PARLIAMENT ATTACK.

I CAANOT CONFIRM ITS TRUE OF NOT, BUT RUSSIA PLAYS THE SAME ROLE FOR US AS CHINA PLAYS FOR PAKISTAN, US TO ISRAEL.... EXCEPTIONAL 'NO STRINGS ATTACHED' TOTAL SUPPORT.

DONT REMIND ME OF GORSHKOV ... EVEN ISRAEL GETS ANNOYED WITH US.. AND FEW INCIDENTS HARDLY AFFECT THE HALF A CENTURY OLD SOLID RELATIONSHIP.

TO BE PRECISE, US CAN BE A SELLER AND STRATEGIC PARTNER.. BUT IT WILL TAKE DECADES AND MAMMOTH 'HONEST' EFFORTS BEFORE INDO-US RELATIONSHIP CAN GET EVEN CLOSE TO 'BROTHERHOOD OF INDIA AND RUSSIA.

LONG LIVE OUR BROTHERHOOD. LONG LIVE OUR FRIENDSHIP.

Excellent Post bro, u have given the essence of our partnership with the Russians excellently.

However once i read an article in The Hindu some time back (may be 1 year or so i think it was at the time of Mr.Putin's visit) written by Mr.Vladimir Radyuhin outlining the deep relationship between our countries. However in one paragraph he said that (i can't remember the exact quotes) though India had turned its back for a brief period to Russia they were with us through and through.

I think this must have happened in the first tenure of Mr. Manmohan Singh as Prime Minister, even now as we can see he follows a pro- U.S policy. Infact the Gorshkov fiasco and some other disagreements happened in quick succession then if u could remember, it was like Russia hinting us about our priorities.

However the visit by our president to Russia where she declared our all-weather friendship was a damage control action taken by our loved P.M!!!! Ofcourse the visit of Mr.Putin cemented it further with the deals inked during that visit.

The point i am making is that even if some future P.M would like to change this its not possible. We are too deep in bed. Which i love :devil:

Long Live INDIA - RUSSIA Relationship :yahoo::yahoo:

A lot of readers here seem to misinterpret the terms 'business partners' as 'friends'.

Wrong. 'Business partners' restrict their relationship to businesses mutually beneficial to both the parties, and 'Friends' used to be a highly popular but utterly boring series starring Jennifer Aniston.

Despite the mutual sentiments, India is still not 'officially' an ally of the USA, whereas, despite the extreme negative sentiments, Pakistan is. So as they say, keep your friends close, enemies closer... India is very right in it being aggressive in purchasing weapons from the USA, mostly for the reason that USA is also a prime weapon seller to Pakistan. India has more money than Pakistan, and can afford to invest it in purchasing the weapons that can counter those of Pakistan. Whom better to buy it from, than those one who made them for Pakistan?

About the USSR and Russia, that country was, is, and will remain a strong ally of India for times to come, especially when there are barely any grounds for confrontation between the two countries, unlike those with the US (Trade and conflicting allies) and with China (Market competition and territorial disputes).

And to those who think why people are in the USA when they so easily criticize the country... well, the sole purpose of democracy and free speech is defeated if one is not allowed to criticize the state. That's what the US stands for. Thanks for your thoughts though.

well purchase arms from US send 100 Indians there and let them bring that money back via outsourcing and purchase the weapons from Russia. :D

Good for US

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

And bad for india

Good for US

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

And bad for india

We learn that from Pakistans experience .... :lol:

So dnt wary and thanks for suggestion

Good for US

And bad for india

Whatever India buys from USA comes at a price to US..such is India's hold...its has money and enviable growth..today nations fight for India deals..and India is doing good deals with these in mind !!

UN per seat.
F22.
Block Pakistan's military purchases.

India,US to ink huge military deal: report

US President Barack Obama's visit to New Delhi in November may secure $5 billion worth of arms sales to India, Russia's Vzglyad newspaper reported Monday.

The deal, if signed during Obama's visit, would make the US replace Russia as India's biggest arms supplier, the paper said, adding that the deal would also help India curb China's rise.

India's shortlist includes Patriot defense systems, Boeing mid-air refueling tankers and certain types of howitzers, and the total cost of the deal may exceed $10 billion, the paper added.

The report came a day after The Economic Times in New Delhi reported that talks are underway between Indian and US officials over a deal to sell 10 Boeing C-17 military transport aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF).

The talks focus on the price and onboard equipment of the T-tailed C-17 Globemaster-III, which has passed validation trials and meets the requirements of the IAF, the newspaper said.

According to an official Boeing statement, the C-17 can carry a maximum payload of 74,797 kilo-grams for 2,400 nautical miles (4,444.8 kilometers) without refueling, and 45,495 kilograms for 4,000 nautical miles (7,408 kilometers) without refueling, the paper added.

Wang Mingzhi, a military strategist at the PLA Air Force Command College, told the Global Times that those reported military deals reflect Washington and New Delhi's needs in the region.

"To assist the Afghan war and the fight against the Pakistani Taliban, the US has been trying to improve its presence in South Asia and the Indian Ocean," Wang said. "Those arms sales will improve ties between Washington and New Delhi, and, intentionally or not, will have the effect of containing China's influence in the region."

"For example, once India gets the C-17 transport aircraft, the mobility of its forces stationed along the border with China will be improved. Mobility includes transportation, lifting, landing and deployment," he added.

India,US to ink huge military deal: report - GlobalTimes

Whatever India buys from USA comes at a price to US..such is India's hold...its has money and enviable growth..today nations fight for India deals..and India is doing good deals with these in mind !!

UN per seat.
F22.
Block Pakistan's military purchases.

About the F-22, as far as I know, it cannot be sold to any country in the world according to U.S. law. Can you provide me a link which says India has expressed interest in buying F-22s?

About the F-22, as far as I know, it cannot be sold to any country in the world according to U.S. law. Can you provide me a link which says India has expressed interest in buying F-22s?

Nope India cant buy f 22.Even the close ally of US Australias request was turned down

Back
Top Bottom