What's new

US to veto Palestinian bid for statehood at UN

The UNO is slowly but surely becoming like its predecesor the League of Nations....controlled by a few powerful countries, ignoring the rights of other smaller nations and disregarded as an authority by many renegade governments. It is sad that President Obama waivered from his undertaking to ensure the establishment of a Palestinian state. He has an aggresive foreign Minister in Hillary Clinton. Together, they could have sold the concept to Israel to the rest of the world and could possibly have reduced tension in the middle east by at least 70%. Given the Arab Spring and the current breaking down of relations between Turkey and Israel, I think that Israel would benefit largely by compromising on the formation of a Palestinian state. Heck, if the elected government of a new Palestinian state is hostile to Israel, what difference would that make to Israel given the current attitude of the Palestinian authority and the people of Palestine

If i'm not mistaken, Obama was quoted (during his campaign season and subsequently in passing and in official speeches) as saying that he will push hard for an "independent, sovereign state of Palestine" and for it to "becom[e] a new member of the UN" (in an other speech, of several, he spoke about the formation of a Palestinian state and how US recognizes the 1967 borders (
)

LOL, obambam says a lot of things. he stated that he would recognize the armenian genocide if he was elected as a president. but i cant see it... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom