What's new

Featured US warned India that MiG-29s and Su-30s wouldn’t help against China

That was precisely what i was about to write as well.

I think what the author failed to mention clear enough, while making a case for western fighters
is that India already has the support structure and facilities for the Sukhois and Migs.

Thus to fill the urgent hole, they are going to order more of what they are OK with.

As for the Mirages, which are the best aircraft for this theater, well they are no longer available.

It is less of a question around which aircraft India is buying and more around why do they a small number of aircraft urgently when they have plenty of those in their inventory already. This acquisition seems to justify "reason why we are not ready" type excuse instead of a real need.

WTF! Thats cheaper than JF 17
I don't think the MIG 29s are going to be spanking new. There were several articles that pointed to ones in storage that will be updated and sold.
The SU-30s are licensed to be built in India. India has achieved success in sourcing parts locally.

The cost, according to me is for the aircraft in storage, license fee and weaponry. Cost to build MKIs is not included in the total.

The Chinese air fields are located at a higher altitude than ours so the Author should also know that. He says we have several mix of aircrafts, he is right. However, he is pushing another sales pitch that would add more variety to the medley. Also, some of the aircraft he mentioned were found wanting at high altitude war fare during MMRCA tests.

The by adding barely a squadron strength of fighters the IAF may be trying to close gaps it feels exist but the bigger issue lies in effective weapons for its Sukhoi fleet along with drastically needing DACT for frontline squadrons.

The by adding barely a squadron strength of fighters the IAF may be trying to close gaps it feels exist but the bigger issue lies in effective weapons for its Sukhoi fleet along with drastically needing DACT for frontline squadrons.
What is DACT?

Is it also applicable for Attack Helicopters
Yes - but the Apache fleet isn’t ready to being pressed into combat because the crews are still training and really not required for this to escalate beyond its current status.

What is required is for the IAF to act as the Bullwark for “aggressive diplomacy” when soldiers are falling to their deaths from cliffs.

Super Sukhoi upgrade can get them K77
The Russians are only selling their monkey models(actual term) to India and they aren’t happy with it. Attempts to get the Derby-ER are underway but it will require millions which as has been pointed out earlier - the paper IAF budget doesn’t have left after processes and other allocations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom