Uttam aesa..........numbers

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
DSCN6556.jpg~original.jpg

Not my copyright of course.

On the military standpoint,the range could have been a bit better.But maximum range not given.Or is 94 km the max range??

16609418226_52e0ab8378_k.jpg

U8K3H1M.jpg

Note-Russians take 3m2 as fighter target but india takes 2 m2 as reference point

Approximately 184 t/r elements seen.
All are quad i.e 1 element is formed by a culmination of 4 units so total elements is 184*4=736,similar to zhuk-ae/fga-35 aesa arrangement.

Seeing the peak power of 4 kw as 400 watts equals 10% duty as shown in the infograph above translates to 4000/736=5.434 watts/single trm or 21.739/quad channel

*The numbers and arrangement is almost similar to zhuk-ae aesa,initial prototypes as it had about 160 quad trm or 160*4=640 single trm's but later was increased to about 1000 single trm's or 250 quad trm's.

*But even though it too has a peak power of about 3.4 kw,,same as uttam aesa,the zhuk-ae showed about 130 km range for 3 m2.(vs uttam's 94 km for 2 m2)
f0082824_4f1997fba52eb.jpg

Now with increase in trm's from zhuk ae to fga-35 the range has increased to 160 km for 3 m2(vs uttam's 94 km for 2 m2)

url.jpg

vs irbis e pesa of su-35
Has a range of 350-400 km for 3 m2 and 90 km for .01m2:smokin:
20090915120412.jpg

CONCLUSION

Russian fga-35 aesa seems to be similar to uttam aesa at least on technical aspects with almost similar arrangement and peak power per trm element.
But irbis-e remains far ahead with peak power of 20 kw and range of 400 km vs both fga-35 and uttam aesa even though its a pesa and much bigger and heavier.

Now did russia help us or israel did??

Attachments

• url.jpg
    url.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
B-IsddhCcAAmM0L.jpg

Elta Or EADS To Help Build Tejas AESA, Project Codenamed "Uttam"

India's home-grown AESA radar effort will soon finalise a developent partner, reports The Indian Express. According to the report, a progressive downselect since December -- when the DRDO first invited bids -- has come down to Israel's Elta and EADS Defence & Security, following the elimination of Selex, Phazotron and Thales. A recent Livefist post on the Tejas AESA is here. Oh, and by the way, I hear the LCA AESA is being developed under something called "Project Uttam".

dbf-png.183818

pap_amardeep-png.183820

As for the range of the radar,you need to have higher PAP(power aperture product).The PAP in turn depends(peak power and aperture being constant) on the weighing function that are used to provide "weights" at each antenna.Here is a graph that illustrates how a 1000element linear array behave when different weighing functions are used.They are often expressed as one dimensional complex matrix W

View attachment 202172

Not my copyright of course.

On the military standpoint,the range could have been a bit better.But maximum range not given.Or is 94 km the max range??
@he-man I told you That Range Was give According to DRDO Standard Rate of Radar which is 2m2:agree::agree:
PS:184 T/R Modules Are Very Less Its True :undecided::undecided:?? Some of the Members on Indian Forum's are quoting it btw 300-400 T/R Modules I guess they are Wrong:hitwall::hitwall:

94 km for 2 sqm target is not bad.
yeah In Comparison to 184 T/R Modules

told you That Range Was give According to DRDO Standard Rate of Radar which is 2m2:agree::agree:
PS:184 T/R Modules Are Very Less Its True :undecided::undecided:?? Some of the Members on Indian Forum's are quoting it btw 300-400 T/R Modules I guess they are Wrong:hitwall::hitwall:

They seem to be unable to count i think.
Plus many are simply ignorant about military facts,i have calculated to power of a quad trm and single unit in that myself according to specs given by drdo and compared that to older zhuk-ae and newer fga-35

I am @he-man
.......................................ladies and gentlemen:coffee:

94 km is given for 2 sqm target so maximum range must be much greater.

No idea.........We cannot say that for sure unless we get the figures ourselves but logically speaking it should be.
Not bad i would say.

@he-man Based on previous thread

Aesa Radar ” Uttam ” for Tejas MK-II been tested Air-to- Air mode

India will mount a homemade active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar on the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mark-2. Realisation and calibration of prototype Active Aperture Array Antenna Unit (AAAU) has been completed with indigenous TR modules. Airworthy Radar processor and exciter - receiver have been realised and tested on a high rise platform in Mechanical Scanned Array configuration (MSA) for validation of various algorithms and waveforms of the fire control radar.Software development for Air-Air sub modes has been carried out.

The software update has been completed and the DRDO is testing the radar in air-to-air & air-to-ground mode. Once the development will be completed the radar will be able to carry out high resolution mapping of the ground, detect and track multiple ground moving targets, threat identification in air and ground & electronic warfare and counter measures. It will also feature an ultra high bandwidth comminicator.

The AESA Project is still a long way from completion and the DRDO has not clarified if Israeli help has been sought to expedite the project. The development of the redar began in 2011-12 and will be fitted on all Tejas MK-2.

@he-man I told you That Range Was give According to DRDO Standard Rate of Radar which is 2m2:agree::agree:

yeah In Comparison to 184 T/R Modules
Thats not 184 tr modules ( individual). Actually Its a quad channel transmit module like early AESA from USA.

View attachment 202177
View attachment 202178

All are quad i.e 1 element is formed by a culmination of 4 units,similar to zhuk-ae/fga-35 aesa.

Seeing the peak power of 4 kw as 400 watts equals 10% duty as shown in the infograph above translates to 4000/736=5.434 watts/single trm or 21.739/quad channel

*The numbers and arrangement is almost similar to zhuk-ae aesa,initial prototypes as it had about 160 quad trm or 160*4=640 single trm's but later was increased to about 1000 single trm's or 250 quad trm's.

*But even though it too has a peak power of about 3.4 kw,,same as uttam aesa,the zhuk-ae showed about 130 km range for 5 m2.
View attachment 202180

Now with increase in trm's from zhuk ae to fga-35 the range has increased to 160 km

View attachment 202182

CONCLUSION

Russian fga-35 aesa seems to be similar to uttam aesa at least on technical aspects with almost similar arrangement and peak power per trm element.

184 modules only are DRDO /BEL guys so dumb ?

haathi ke daant khanne ke aur dikhane keaur & i guess both russians and israelies are helping them and that too in two diffrent projects this one looks like hoth potch of both design philosophies

Thats not 184 tr modules ( individual). Actually Its a quad channel transmit module like early AESA from USA.

I explained all this in my first 2 posts

haathi ke daant khanne ke aur dikhane keaur & i guess both russians and israelies are helping them and that too in two diffrent projects this one looks like hoth potch of both design philosophies

OH bhai pehle first 2 posts padho acchi tarah:disagree:

Bhai saab thats 184*4= 736 modules actually.

Bhai saab thats 184*4= 736 modules actually.

View attachment 202177
View attachment 202178

All are quad i.e 1 element is formed by a culmination of 4 units so total elements is 184*4=736,similar to zhuk-ae/fga-35 aesa arrangement.

*But even though it too has a peak power of about 3.4 kw,,same as uttam aesa,the zhuk-ae showed about 130 km range for 5 m2.
View attachment 202180

Now with increase in trm's from zhuk ae to fga-35 the range has increased to 160 km

View attachment 202182

CONCLUSION

Agreed completely. In some thread( i dont remember which thread) last month I have explained same.

I explained all this in my first 2 posts

OH bhai pehle first 2 posts padho acchi tarah:disagree:
ok pehle @ Amradeep Mishra ko bulla ke us se poocho

per i feel this is a crappy design almost like desi jugar

Yeah Like APG Series.How many Received Channels per Element 2 or More than 2 Any guess ???Seems Like 4 its correct ?

ok pehle @ Amradeep Mishra ko bulla ke us se poocho
Bhai @he-man is Also good in this Field

1L119-Envelope-1SS.jpg

detection range performance for a 'MiG-21 with RCS=2.5m2' target, in the absence and presence of a jamming signal with a power density of 100 Watts/MHz. Russian data on range performance is consistent, but cited RCS values for identical ranges vary between 1.0 and 2.5 m2.

Rus-Lo-Band-Radar-Params-2009.png

This range chart is based on publicly released Russian data, and may understate range performance for the 55Zh6 Nebo UE. Note that the cited RCS is for the given radar band, and for a nominally stealthy aircraft will be much lower for a given aspect in the S-band and L-band compared to the VHF-band.

Back
Top Bottom