What's new

Uttam aesa..........numbers

Yeah Like APG Series.How many Received Channels per Element 2 or More than 2 Any guess ???Seems Like 4 its correct ?

Bhai @he-man is Also good in this Field

No,early apg series.
Now even russian n036 intended for pakfa uses a better design than this.

Bhai @he-man is Also good in this Field

Actually mishra sahib is very good theoretically in explaining the working but we have same sources and this info has been deduced from the infographic of drdo itself.

In other words not disputable;)

No,early apg series.
Bhai At-least they tried Something:sarcastic::sarcastic: Hope they improve Design Further In Improvements:-).

Hope its Fits in Tejas Mk2 As Projected :) I don't think its Ready For High Category Aircraft's Maybe Next Upgrade or Improved Versions

Hope its Fits in Tejas Mk2 As Projected :) I don't think its Ready For High Category Aircraft's Maybe Next Upgrade or Improved Versions

It won't,,it has a diameter about same as bars or irbis e radar which will be about 900 mm approc.

View attachment 202177
View attachment 202178

Note-Russians take 5 m2 as fighter target but india takes 2 m2 as reference point

Approximately 184 t/r elements seen.
All are quad i.e 1 element is formed by a culmination of 4 units so total elements is 184*4=736,similar to zhuk-ae/fga-35 aesa arrangement.

Seeing the peak power of 4 kw as 400 watts equals 10% duty as shown in the infograph above translates to 4000/736=5.434 watts/single trm or 21.739/quad channel

*The numbers and arrangement is almost similar to zhuk-ae aesa,initial prototypes as it had about 160 quad trm or 160*4=640 single trm's but later was increased to about 1000 single trm's or 250 quad trm's.

*But even though it too has a peak power of about 3.4 kw,,same as uttam aesa,the zhuk-ae showed about 130 km range for 5 m2.(vs uttam's 94 km for 2 m2)
View attachment 202180

Now with increase in trm's from zhuk ae to fga-35 the range has increased to 160 km for 5 m2(vs uttam's 94 km for 2 m2)

View attachment 202182

vs irbis e pesa of su-35
Has a range of 350-400 km for 3 m2 and 90 km for .01m2:smokin:
View attachment 202188

CONCLUSION

Russian fga-35 aesa seems to be similar to uttam aesa at least on technical aspects with almost similar arrangement and peak power per trm element.
But irbis-e remains far aheah with peak power of 20 kw and range of 400 km vs both fga-35 and uttam aesa even though its a pesa and much bigger and heavier.

Now did russia help us or israel did??

Thanks for Info

@DrSomnath999 @sancho @XiNiX

Thanks for Info

Besides the fact that this is only a mock up of a possible radar, that "might" be fitted in the MK2 and the specs are more estimats at this point, he-man's conclusions are pretty faulty too.
Russian AESA and PESA radars are evaluated against 3m² targets, just as most western countries. The last versions of Zhuk AE in the Mig 35 has a larger diameter of 688mm and reportedly with around 1000 T/R modules. So Uttam in LCA will be smaller and with less detection range, although the estimated specs so far seems good for the size, will be interesting to compare actual specs of it and the Raven AESA in the Gripen E/F when both are available. Selex and Saab said it will have 1000 T/R modules, although that needs to be seen.

So now we know the effectiveness of Rafale into our inventory against our adversaries . Our UTTAM radar range is not bad though . Cheers

Besides the fact that this is only a mock up of a possible radar, that "might" be fitted in the MK2 and the specs are more estimats at this point, he-man's conclusions are pretty faulty too.
Russian AESA and PESA radars are evaluated against 3m² targets, just as most western countries. The last versions of Zhuk AE in the Mig 35 has a larger diameter of 688mm and reportedly with around 1000 T/R modules. So Uttam in LCA will be smaller and with less detection range, although the estimated specs so far seems good for the size, will be interesting to compare actual specs of it and the Raven AESA in the Gripen E/F when both are available. Selex and Saab said it will have 1000 T/R modules, although that needs to be seen.

Please look for post 1 and 2

I have mentioned each and everything there including the spec sheets.

Please look for post 1 and 2

I have mentioned each and everything there including the spec sheets.

I have read them and good that you have corrected the target size now, but the the first specboard you posted for Zhuk AE is one of the oldest, for the early prototypes. This was shown at Aero India 2011 and 13:

Zhuk AE 3 zoom.png

As you can see, the 160Km against a 3m² target were achieved with a diameter of 688mm. Which makes clear that it has more T/R modules than Uttam with 600mm diameter in LCA.

I have read them and good that you have corrected the target size now, but the the first specboard you posted for Zhuk AE is one of the oldest, for the early prototypes. This was shown at Aero India 2011 and 13:

View attachment 202298

As you can see, the 160Km against a 3m² target were achieved with a diameter of 688mm. Which makes clear that it has more T/R modules than Uttam with 600mm diameter in LCA.

Too much confusion,there are 3 different zhuk-ae placards depending upon the year.

Too much confusion,there are 3 different zhuk-ae placards depending upon the year.

I have even 4 or 5 now, but that's normal since it is a radar that was under development during the MMRCA basically. with specs kept changing all the time. The performance of the initial 575mm radar was too low and the promised 200Km detection range, with a 700mm radar was not practical, since the radar got far too heavy. So at the end they compromised to 688mm and 160Km.

The problem is peak power.
The first one had only 3.4 kw,,and the aero india 2015 placard does not mention power,but looking at increase of tange by 30 km from 130,it may be around 4 -4.5 kw.

No,other explanation could be higher output per t/r module due to better fab process.
I am saying this as according to karlo kopp,the initial zhuk-ae had 160 quad elements or 640 t/r modules which are lesser than 736 for uttam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom