What's new

Uttam AESA Radar test integration with LCA Tejas

Our patience Will pay off

We have been a little too patient, buddy.

Tejas has a finite shelf-life and all the associated products need to be inducted in time.

Uttam maybe good but HAL should have chosen EL-5052 for Tejas while working on Uttam for AMCA.

This is going to delay our force rearmament by a decade.

Tejas has a finite shelf-life and all the associated products need to be inducted in time.

Uttam maybe good but HAL should have chosen EL-5052 for Tejas while working on Uttam for AMCA.

As far as Tejas is concerned, mk1 and 1A(very bleak chances) would not have this AESA radar...
LCA mk2, having larger size, might get new name and would have this AESA...

You have to agree on one point that because of Tejas we have built an ecosystem for future aircrafts... plus domestic defense sector is more involved in defense production...

Uttam is not for AMCA ....its for tejas mk2

I know.

My point is, they should focus on leaving this model to prototype and use the AMCA timeline to make it for that aircraft. Tejas should have been equipped with EL-5052 and mass inducted by now.

I know.

My point is, they should focus on leaving this model to prototype and use the AMCA timeline to make it for that aircraft. Tejas should have been equipped with EL-5052 and mass inducted by now.

Anyways nothing called amca will be made within next 15 years.
MK2 is atleast(if we are lucky) 7-10 years away.

Even mk1a will take time so all these discussions are pointless.

I know.

If you mean EL/M-2052 then yes Tejas will have it.

Tejas Mk1A will have the 2052 while Mk2 gets Uttam.

Yup that is how Its meant to be. Tejas mk1A will see EL-2052 AESAs from Israel while Uttam is meant for Tejas mk2. Uttam will take time to mature and Mk2 is not at hand either....so makes sense.

Yes 2052 will be best for mk1a...
Uttam will take time and so will mk2..
Right now we should mass produce Tejas...
Only thing Pakistani did correct with jf is mass producing it even when it was not ready so now they have a stable production line

What are its specs?
AESAR-FCR.jpg

DfZrQePVMAAoox5.jpg

DaqPc8kW0AEDIZI.jpg
IMG_20180411_132056-marked.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom