What's new

Vietnam & India to hold fifth strategic defence talks

I think there is some confusion sir....If at all there will be a base it will be of similar nature what China is building in IOC.....I do not see any logic in having a naval base in South China because this is not what our immediate goals are(you never know about future).....

All we want is influence in IOC and that's about it.....

It's a good pressure tactic to wake up the Dragon. Even if not much effort is put into a naval base or listening post, the mere presence of Indian forces is a good source of pride for our people and for ppl around the world to wake up and take notice. We need to market ourselves well and that is what is China has been doing and is doing still. It allows us to concentrate on technologies that increase our Electronic Surveillance on Hainan (Sub Base). Vietnam is the only nation that has resisted both the USA, France and China in the past century. There is a lot to learn from these people....there is no doubt about that. At the same time, Vietnam can learn a lot about our tech in certain fields. To me the biggest advantage of having Vietnam as an ally is that it creates one long continual land border against China in the eventuality of war. Their use of caves and tunnels is unparalleled and we must use their expertise in our lands. In a likely scenario whereas China conducts a "blitzkrieg" formation on our armed forces with overwhelming missiles and manpower and don't forgot the element of surprise ('62), the only effective way to counter such an act is guerrilla war with the effective use of tunnel networks. I honestly feel we should have all kids after 12th grade take a little military training like Israel. This has multiple potential benefits from identifying those who have leadership qualities early on, instilling patriotism and nationalism in an impressionable age in the youth, and it gives familiarity with weapons and training. If we open the youth's minds to the possibilities, it is unlimited what we can learn from kids who have been exposed to the WEST FROM AN EARLY AGE. Sometimes a person unfamiliar with military training might be the best person to point areas that can be improved. Remember my friends, when there a lot Chinese and Pakistani folks who hate this post, there must be more reasons than meet the eye. Clearly, India and Vietnam joining hands is a considerable counterweight that China definitely doesn't want to happen.

Its a well known agreement between US Taiwan and China in regard to Taiwan issue. I'm certain that you do not know any thing about. But this thread is about India and Vietnam and all I'm saying is that Vietnam can hold its own against China. The same cannot be say of India.

Thanks for the estimation..but can u elaborate??? how a few sentences??
Yes we lost to china badly in 1962??
China was crushed by japs,so does it mean Japenese can full off such a feat Tday??Some where in the thread u asked some one to get his head out of his hole,,i rather ask u to get ur head of USA's and ur neighbour's back Hole.

It's a good pressure tactic to wake up the Dragon. Even if not much effort is put into a naval base or listening post, the mere presence of Indian forces is a good source of pride for our people and for ppl around the world to wake up and take notice. We need to market ourselves well and that is what is China has been doing and is doing still. It allows us to concentrate on technologies that increase our Electronic Surveillance on Hainan (Sub Base). Vietnam is the only nation that has resisted both the USA, France and China in the past century. There is a lot to learn from these people....there is no doubt about that. At the same time, Vietnam can learn a lot about our tech in certain fields. To me the biggest advantage of having Vietnam as an ally is that it creates one long continual land border against China in the eventuality of war. Their use of caves and tunnels is unparalleled and we must use their expertise in our lands. In a likely scenario whereas China conducts a "blitzkrieg" formation on our armed forces with overwhelming missiles and manpower and don't forgot the element of surprise ('62), the only effective way to counter such an act is guerrilla war with the effective use of tunnel networks. I honestly feel we should have all kids after 12th grade take a little military training like Israel. This has multiple potential benefits from identifying those who have leadership qualities early on, instilling patriotism and nationalism in an impressionable age in the youth, and it gives familiarity with weapons and training. If we open the youth's minds to the possibilities, it is unlimited what we can learn from kids who have been exposed to the WEST FROM AN EARLY AGE. Sometimes a person unfamiliar with military training might be the best person to point areas that can be improved. Remember my friends, when there a lot Chinese and Pakistani folks who hate this post, there must be more reasons than meet the eye. Clearly, India and Vietnam joining hands is a considerable counterweight that China definitely doesn't want to happen.

Read AVet from post #16. Japan and South Korea request that the US be present to help maintain security in North East Asia. India, according to many in the forum, should have a base in Vietnam to show prestige of India. I was from Taiwan and if I mentioned that India would want to protect Taiwan from the Chinese threat, people's response would be :rofl::rofl::rofl:

India should think of protecting itself first before it can think about helping others. To others in Asia, India is a poor and destitute country. As previously mentioned, its more likely that India would request military assistance from Vietname before the other way around. Now, this is not a comparason of how strong or weak India is as compare to China or Pakistan or India's other neighbors. But it shows that US, not India, is where people turn to for countering the Chinese threat. India is not any where close to replace US for this role so stop dreaming.

Thanks for the estimation..but can u elaborate??? how a few sentences??
Yes we lost to china badly in 1962??
China was crushed by japs,so does it mean Japenese can full off such a feat Tday??Some where in the thread u asked some one to get his head out of his hole,,i rather ask u to get ur head of USA's and ur neighbour's back Hole.

Well, you should start reading my post carefully and have be more subjective instead of totally India centric in your views. Vietnam will never request assistance from India as India is still way too weak to protect another nation.

Well, you should start reading my post carefully and have be more subjective instead of totally India centric in your views. Vietnam will never request assistance from India as India is still way too weak to protect another nation.

So the ONLY form of assistance available in international relations is full protection against any other power :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What kind of limited brainpower would make one not get over the master - pet relationship america has with taiwan and fail to look at how the rest of the world operates? :lol::lol:

So the ONLY form of assistance available in international relations is full protection against any other power :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What kind of limited brainpower would make one not get over the master - pet relationship america has with taiwan and fail to look at how the rest of the world operates? :lol::lol:

Again, to post military post in a far away region, one nation must be strong enough. India is definitely not strong enough to protect Vietnam or have a base in Vietnam. As many of your country man said, it would bring prestige to India if India can have a base in Vietname. But it doubt Vietnam would allow India to have a base there for the sake of bring prestige to India.... Only Indians would come up with that reason of posting a military base overseas:rofl:

Again, to post military post in a far away region, one nation must be strong enough. India is definitely not strong enough to protect Vietnam or have a base in Vietnam. As many of your country man said, it would bring prestige to India if India can have a base in Vietname. But it doubt Vietnam would allow India to have a base there for the sake of bring prestige to India.... Only Indians would come up with that reason of posting a military base overseas:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
India is not strong enough and will surrender against any power that declares a war. Now, you have spent a lot of time writing about how India is weak and needs help. Since you have done your work, :wave:

:cheers:

India is not strong enough and will surrender against any power that declares a war. Now, you have spent a lot of time writing about how India is weak and needs help. Since you have done your work, :wave:

Well, the guy on post #16 said it all.

Ramu leave him usko bawaseer hai, tumko pata bawaseer main kahan khujli hoti hai. Pata nahi kya problem hai isko not worth talking to person who has so much of prejudice.

Its a well known agreement between US Taiwan and China in regard to Taiwan issue. I'm certain that you do not know any thing about. But this thread is about India and Vietnam and all I'm saying is that Vietnam can hold its own against China. The same cannot be say of India.

this is the height of hypocricy..i was replin to ur post when u said that since india lost in 1962 and v ietnam holded chinese offence in 1979 the vietnamese should provide security to india..i applied the same logic here when i said that china was raped thoroughly by japs in during WW2 before americans declared war on japs ad saved u,

where did i mentioned about taiwan,or american or chinese understanding,and u knw all the agreements between mao and obama.boy u dont even knw when can u give birth to a second child haqhaha:rofl::rofl:

by the way u r the first n probably the last guy who has a IQ in negative..troll baby troll..coz u cant do **** abt it

Could you show a single post from an Indian where they have said that India will protect Vietnam against invasions or cooperation with them is a matter of prestige to India? Rather you are the only one uttering this non-sense. The topic is about defence cooperation between two countries. Don't know how your peanut-sized brain concluded that India is offering some kind of protection to a country which is capable and strong enough to defeat much stronger Chinese and US armies single handedly (Kudos to all the brave Viet warriors)? Read the title of thread again it clearly says talks are strategic beneficial for both the countries not in any case a matter of prestige to India. such talks has happened in past and will keep happening so that two countries become allies and still if you could not get it then carry on with your BS. But the terms like prestige etc doesn't sounds good coming from your mouth as your existence itself is dependent on other country forces. Had that not been the case you would have been living under your real owner "CPC" which anyhow will happen sooner or later coz Taiwan is part of China in any case.

US had a base in Phillipine and Hong Kong. Now, USN ships dock in Singapore.

I am aware of it but US do not have any naval base in the South China Sea now .
India and Vietnam have very good economic relation as well as some security co-operations. However, the talk of a Indian Naval base in Vietnam is pre-mature . Indian Navy has very limited activities in the South China Sea. India fisrt need to become a full ASEAN member. Without the approval of other ASEAN members , Vietnam can not get into such military ties. I wish them best of luck , by the waY.

& u r telling that to the 2nd largest standing army in the world...:smokin:

& u r telling that to the 2nd largest standing army in the world...:smokin:

The quality of the army counts as much. India fight Pakistan to a draw2 out of 3 wars. And India is much bigger. That show you that quality count as much. US is the most powerful country in the world not because of its size or population. But because of its wealth and technology.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom