What's new

Violence in East India

I condemn the incident.

however how convenient is it to forget similar incidents in Karachi where a Hindu youth was killed in barbaric way on some accusation of Blasphmy?
Do provide some details.

Open a thread for that if you wish to.

The attacks on Indian Christians by Hindu fanatics are not isolated case. Go and check before escaping with remarks that oh look it was there too.

too bad.

As if you forgot that a preist and his childern were also burnt alive in India by Hindu fanatics.

Isnt it the same Hindutva ideology at work.
???

They should ban religious conversions. It destroys the fabric of society.

Why they should ban it?????

Isnt according Indians, India is a secular country then why you are advocating snatching right from Human to whatever faith they want to

Open a thread for that if you wish to.

The attacks on Indian Christians by Hindu fanatics are not isolated case. Go and check before escaping with remarks that oh look it was there too.

too bad.

As if you forgot that a preist and his childern were also burnt alive in India by Hindu fanatics.

Isnt it the same Hindutva ideology at work.
???

I condemned the incident,

btw I gave example of such incident happened in Karachi. Now I am wondering how "Hindu fanatics are so found of burning human " reached karachi and torched the innocent and killed him in most barbaric way.

The thread is already here no need create new ones for trolling.

Why they should ban it?????

Isnt according Indians, India is a secular country then why you are advocating snatching right from Human to whatever faith they want to

These missionaries are losing their ground in western countries, where people dont' care about religion any more.
They are simply dumping their medeival ideology in a third world country like a outdated and polluting technology.

We don't want this. Missionaries lure these people by promises of heaven and riches to convert, and ultimately it boils down to local votebank politics.

Ban religious conversions and give everybody a secular education, with emphasis on Indian culture and history. Let these people learn about the history of their town, the history of their village, the history of their state, and finally the history of their country.

That'll do far more for the salvation of these people than learning the myths from a distant land somewhere near the dead sea.

Christians in small villages tend to form a "caste" of their own, and isolate themselves from the locals for reasons of purity. It simply divides people further. What's more, they tend to lose their loyalty towards the country.

Last edited:
I condemned the incident,

btw I gave example of such incident happened in Karachi. Now I am wondering how "Hindu fanatics are so found of burning human " reached karachi and torched the innocent and killed him in most barbaric way.

The thread is already here no need create new ones for trolling.

Then go and debate that incident there as there is big difference between that isolated incident and Frequent attacks on Indian Christians every now and then.

Then go and debate that incident there as there is big difference between that isolated incident and Frequent attacks on Indian Christians every now and then.

Funny isn't it to blame whole religion.

keep coool senorita its not going to affect you.me(jeffery alfias) bieng a christian i am not worried about that,i feel that things would come under control.......i support the cause of the christians but i am not in for taking up arms,archbishop of delhi has conveyed his message to the governor and i am hopefull.

This isn't about Christianity per se. Its about the kind of preaching that is needed to convert people.

Its cheap, its nasty. It needs fake miracles and false promises of salvation.

Do we need this? Isn't the caste system bad enough?

Why do you want to jump from the frying pan into the fire?

errrrrrr ok that may be true,but nuns shouldnt hav been treated like this,if the vhp had problems they must have complained to the police and i dont think that the christian community will be converting this into anti-india protest as kashmiris do but the missionaries of chruch must also hold responsibilty for forced conversions.if it is done out of willingness then no one has the right to do anything.

Obviously, the guys who murdered the leader, and the guys who torched the churches are criminals and need to be punished. That goes without saying.

However, we must look into the larger issue as to why there is enmity between the two communities at the village level.
Do we really know what they are preaching in the name of Christianity? Are the local hindu leaders losing their votebanks because of the conversions?

Besides, how can a stolid bureaucracy adjudge something as subtle as the difference between a "forced" conversion and a "willing one"? What if the "willing conversion" has been obtained by trickery or bribery?

Obviously, the guys who murdered the leader, and the guys who torched the churches are criminals and need to be punished. That goes without saying.

However, we must look into the larger issue as to why there is enmity between the two communities at the village level.
Do we really know what they are preaching in the name of Christianity? Are the local hindu leaders losing their votebanks because of the conversions?

Besides, how can a stolid bureaucracy adjudge something as subtle as the difference between a "forced" conversion and a "willing one"? What if the "willing conversion" has been obtained by trickery or bribery?

ok now that needs some thinking,but it is too early to confirm anything.but it is better not to have conversions instead of bribery.

What a disgusting act of meaningless violence. India really needs to organize an internal intelligence agency that can monitor and thwart radical groups within the country a lot more efficiently. Religious and sectarian based divides are nothing new to India, but the proliferation of violent acts along these lines orchestrated both internally and externally need to be curbed a lot more effectively and urgently as time progresses.

Jana... please learn to put facts in perspective when you attempt to present an argument before you start rattling off big words you obviously don't understand. Your worthless drivel has a way of dampening an otherwise important discussion.

Also, I really don't see how acts of organized violence by Muslims in Pakistan or elsewhere even if more elaborate and/or numerically superior have anything to do with this despicable act in Orissa.

These missionaries are losing their ground in western countries, where people dont' care about religion any more.
They are simply dumping their medeival ideology in a third world country like a outdated and polluting technology.

We don't want this. Missionaries lure these people by promises of heaven and riches to convert, and ultimately it boils down to local votebank politics.

Ban religious conversions and give everybody a secular education, with emphasis on Indian culture and history. Let these people learn about the history of their town, the history of their village, the history of their state, and finally the history of their country.

That'll do far more for the salvation of these people than learning the myths from a distant land somewhere near the dead sea.

Christians in small villages tend to form a "caste" of their own, and isolate themselves from the locals for reasons of purity. It simply divides people further. What's more, they tend to lose their loyalty towards the country.

What kind of secular talk is this?

They should ban religious conversions. It destroys the fabric of society.

I disagree. Constructive religious conversation is always good unless one suffers from internal insecurity. No harm in doing it. Leave it who will be converted, but at least all religions teach good deeds, so why not to discuss them with other people who have different believes.

Does this incident prove "India" is nonsecular? No

India is secular for as long as the Constitution of India is held as the authority and the Govt. institutions are functioning as per it.

Does this incident prove that there exists tensions b/w Hindus and Christians in some parts of Orissa? Yes.

Are these incidents replicated all over India, or such tensions exists b/w Hindus and Christians all over India? No.

Who is to be blamed for this? Apathetic Govt., Over Zealous Christian Missionaries, Ultra "Jazabati" Hindu Chauvinists.

Does this incident prove "India" is nonsecular? No

India is secular for as long as the Constitution of India is held as the authority and the Govt. institutions are functioning as per it.

Does this incident prove that there exists tensions b/w Hindus and Christians in some parts of Orissa? Yes.

Are these incidents replicated all over India, or such tensions exists b/w Hindus and Christians all over India? No.

Who is to be blamed for this? Apathetic Govt., Over Zealous Christian Missionaries, Ultra "Jazabati" Hindu Chauvinists.

1. When a State of India changes the law to ban or stop conversions it is against the spirit of Secularizm

2. Where is the concentration of Christians in India ??????

3. Why Over Zealous Christian Missionaries??? are they using any violent way to convert low cast Hindus to Christianity ????

Plus its not the issue of Christian/Hindu violence, the issue is to do more with the conversion which according to Indian constitution must not be illegal right ??
If it is not illegal then why RSS, VHP should be allowed to attack Churches and kill the Christians just because they have opted for another faith that too in a "Secular" society

Also, I really don't see how acts of organized violence by Muslims in Pakistan or elsewhere even if more elaborate and/or numerically superior have anything to do with this despicable act in Orissa.
Dude what the heck are you talking? India for minorities is like a nazi concentration camp.
Previously media was not allowed everywhere so only one out of thousand incidents made its way to news papers and still it is taboo to report crimes of hindus against minorities.
You will never find mainstream news papers reporting such incidents or initiating debates on such issues. We know it is not new but the rest of the world does not knew it.
indian govt. is only afraid of Christian because as flintlock mention it is the religion of west, other minorities are considered even below animals, people got killed for eating or selling cow meat.
it is alright for you to call Kashmiris traitors and terrorists but i'm sure you will never spit any word about mass graves of women and children an systematic annihilation of minorities of india.

Back
Top Bottom