What's new

Wasim Akram reveals he was addicted to 'cocaine'

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1667066735686.png

Pakistan's former Test captain Wasim Akram has revealed his post-retirement cocaine addiction in his upcoming autobiography "Sultan: A Memoir", ESPNcricinfo reported.

"I liked to indulge myself; I liked to party. The culture of fame in South Asia is all-consuming, seductive, and corrupting. You can go to ten parties a night, and some do. And it took its toll on me. My devices turned into vices," he wrote in his book as quoted by the cricket website.

"Worst of all, I developed a dependence on cocaine. It started innocuously enough when I was offered a line at a party in England; my use grew steadily more serious, to the point that I felt I needed it to function.

"It was getting out of hand. I couldn't control it. One line would become two, two would become four; four would become a gram, a gram would become two. I could not sleep. I could not eat. I grew inattentive to my diabetes, which caused me headaches and mood swings. Like a lot of addicts, part of me welcomed discovery: the secrecy had been exhausting," the former captain revealed.

Akram's 18-year-long career ended in 2003. He is still considered one of the greatest fast bowlers Pakistan has ever produced. The left-arm pacer took 414 Test wickets and 502 ODI wickets.

The cricketer-turned-commentator had a long struggle with drug addiction which finally ended after his first wife's demise.

"Huma's last selfless, unconscious act was curing me of my drug problem. That way of life was over, and I have never looked back," he wrote.

Written by Patrick Murphy with the contribution of the cricketer himself, Sultan: A Memoir will be out soon.

View attachment 890600
Pakistan's former Test captain Wasim Akram has revealed his post-retirement cocaine addiction in his upcoming autobiography "Sultan: A Memoir", ESPNcricinfo reported.

"I liked to indulge myself; I liked to party. The culture of fame in South Asia is all-consuming, seductive, and corrupting. You can go to ten parties a night, and some do. And it took its toll on me. My devices turned into vices," he wrote in his book as quoted by the cricket website.

"Worst of all, I developed a dependence on cocaine. It started innocuously enough when I was offered a line at a party in England; my use grew steadily more serious, to the point that I felt I needed it to function.

"It was getting out of hand. I couldn't control it. One line would become two, two would become four; four would become a gram, a gram would become two. I could not sleep. I could not eat. I grew inattentive to my diabetes, which caused me headaches and mood swings. Like a lot of addicts, part of me welcomed discovery: the secrecy had been exhausting," the former captain revealed.

Akram's 18-year-long career ended in 2003. He is still considered one of the greatest fast bowlers Pakistan has ever produced. The left-arm pacer took 414 Test wickets and 502 ODI wickets.

The cricketer-turned-commentator had a long struggle with drug addiction which finally ended after his first wife's demise.

"Huma's last selfless, unconscious act was curing me of my drug problem. That way of life was over, and I have never looked back," he wrote.

Written by Patrick Murphy with the contribution of the cricketer himself, Sultan: A Memoir will be out soon.
This is his private life ..as long as don't steal national wealth.

This is his private life
Yes, agree as he is not in politics.
as long as don't steal national wealth.
Is Hammam maen saray nangay han. Many of these cricketers have made a lot of money in fleecing PCB in perks and privileges.
Haji Waseem Akram in his heydays was known to sell matches in connivance with bookies. And once got beaten up by them as well and his father was abducted.
He learned many tricks through his mentor of ball tempering, match-fixing, nightclubbing, and drugs. I knew him well as unfortunately, he was a Model Townian as well.

Is Hammam maen saray nangay han. Many of these cricketers have made a lot of money in fleecing PCB in perks and privileges.
Haji Waseem Akram in his heydays was known to sell matches in connivance with bookies. And once got beaten up by them as well and his father was abducted.
He learned many tricks through his mentor of ball tempering, match-fixing, nightclubbing, and drugs. I knew him well as unfortunately, he was a Model Townian as well.
Yes, the allegation of match fixing with Saleem Malik.....those days...still PCB post is a political position.

Can you prove the claims you make, Its clear you are having a dig at IK. other than that noonie funded **** novel by reham.

You leagues can only do character assassinations. ad hominine attacks and McCarthy smear. that is why the likes of that rana sanaulla are in your party. among other villains.

Can you prove the claims you make, Its clear you are having a dig at IK. other than that noonie funded **** novel by reham.

You leagues can only do character assassinations. ad hominine attacks and McCarthy smear. that is why the likes of that rana sanaulla are in your party. among other villains.
They love character assassination, fake videos etc ............................ But Mariam Nawaz is scared about the sleeping suite picture in the luxury jail / jail ki chakki ...

They love character assassination, fake videos etc ............................ But Mariam Nawaz is scared about the sleeping suite picture in the luxury jail / jail ki chakki ...
these Amritsari are not even worth talking about. I remember the 90's when Benazir used to be treated like this. Never was a fan of ppp but the villainous attacks on her are the exact same pattern being applied on IK.

Yes and in 1999 he was driving a blue Porsche convertible around Birmingham at World Cup drunk & high on coke .
Seen him worse for wear in dome nightclub while World Cup was on
Kebabish restaurant Moseley Birmingham was his haunt .

Damn even with all that he was so good, imagine without all the fixing and drugs

Back
Top Bottom