What's new

We Will Remember Them

Ratus Ratus

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
In honor of those that have made the greatest sacrifice for their nation
Least we forget

Salute form an old soldier

ANZAC Day goes beyond the anniversary of the landing on Gallipoli in 1915.
It is the day we remember all Australians who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations, WWI, WWII, Malaya, Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Timor, Iraq and Afghanistan to name a few.
The spirit of ANZAC, with its human qualities of courage, mateship, and sacrifice, continues to have meaning and relevance for our sense of national identity.
ANZAC day acknowledges the service of our veterans.

The ANZAC day Dawn Services and Marches are attended by ex service men and women for many nations.

I put this here I as I have no idea where else it should/could go. Apologies.

Whenever I read about the exploits of the Anzac fighting man at Gallipoli I ask myself if I could have done what those men did.

We will remember them.

In honor of those that have made the greatest sacrifice for their nation
Least we forget

Salute form an old soldier

ANZAC Day goes beyond the anniversary of the landing on Gallipoli in 1915.
It is the day we remember all Australians who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations, WWI, WWII, Malaya, Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Timor, Iraq and Afghanistan to name a few.
The spirit of ANZAC, with its human qualities of courage, mateship, and sacrifice, continues to have meaning and relevance for our sense of national identity.
ANZAC day acknowledges the service of our veterans.

The ANZAC day Dawn Services and Marches are attended by ex service men and women for many nations.

I put this here I as I have no idea where else it should/could go. Apologies.

yes indeed!
two great movies about this event - Gallipoli and All the kings men - very moving!:enjoy:

yes indeed!
two great movies about this event - Gallipoli and All the kings men - very moving!:enjoy:

Attending a local dawn service and the local march in a small country town is highly moving. Most families have had a relative involved in either WWI or WWII. Some towns also have current serving members that makes it more important and close.

Ratus,

I thought this version of Waltzing Matilda was an apt tribute to those who died at Gal. (Australians, Turks and all others).

I have been a fan of this old version for a while. Luckily someone pointed it out to me on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.
I will listen to it on Monday when I buy some new speakers for my PC. The current ones crashed on me this morning and I have been a bit busy to get new ones.

PS:
I would love to know how to down load some of these youtube clips. They are worth saving.

Last edited:
Ratus,
You can download these clips using this site
KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
Just enter your youtube video link in url bar of Keepvid.com and then press download button it will give you download link!
For Example i got download link for
KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
Save these files as videoname.Mp4 and then play it with window media player.You may need extra codecs to play these files.

Last edited by a moderator:
saadahmed, thanks. I will check it out later. Time to hit the sack, ready for the moring, well later today.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom