What's new

'We're proud of papa, na?'

Indo-guy

Reaction score
Country
India
'We're proud of papa,
na?'2000 bid farewell to J&K martyr

Ranchi, Dec. 7: Hometown Ranchi gave a tearful farewell to Lieutenant-Colonel Sankalp Kumar Shukla (42), who died on December 5 fighting terrorists in Uri, Jammu and Kashmir, as his mortal remains were consigned to flames this afternoon with full military honours.
Minutes before the pyre was lit, Sankalp's widow Priya was heard explaining to their eldest daughter Shara, about seven, the meaning of this particular ritual at Harmu's Muktidham.
" Dekho beta, iske baad god papa ko dil se accept kar lenge (Listen beta, after this god will accept papa in his heart). Papa is also very happy today. So, we all should be happy. We are proud of papa, na?" she told the child, clad in camouflage pants, who sat with a pinched face.
As soon as the pyre was lit, Shara, perhaps suddenly realising her daddy wouldn't return, burst into loud cries. Priya could not hold back her tears.
Kumar's mother and youngest daughter Manna stayed at home. Father S.K. Shukla, sitting quietly amid army personnel, only said: "I am a proud father."
Some 2,000 people, including top military officers, political leaders, bureaucrats, friends, family and the masses gave Kumar a hero's farewell.
The funeral procession began at 10am from Kumar's Booty More residence with about dozen state police and military vehicles accompanying the open van with the body. Over 200 bikers voluntarily joined in, shouting " Shaheed Sankalp amar rahe, Bharat Mata ki jai". From Booty More to Harmu Muktidham, people spontaneously lined up on the road with flowers and garlands.
Around noon, a 48-round gun salute was given with 16 military rifles at the cremation site.
Kumar of 24 Punjab Regiment was killed in a gun battle on December 5 morning when terrorists tried to storm an Army fortification at Uri, in Baramullah district, slated to vote on December 9.
In all, eight armymen, three policemen, six militants and two civilians were killed in the serial attacks on Friday.

In 2004, Kumar had taken militant bullets at Baramullah. He had to get 50 stitches on his stomach, some fragments of the AK-47 bullets still lodged inside his body.
Today, his friends said that the brush with death 10 years ago made him more determined. Three years ago, when the officer got the option of taking a posting of his choice, an euphemism for a "safe posting", Kumar chose Baramullah.
"It is a great loss to the army but the nation is proud of him. He was a fighter and is going like a true hero today. We shall always remember his valour," said Major-General Rajiv Edwards, GOC Cockerel Division, Ranchi.
Punjab Regimental Centre Chief Brigadier G.P.S. Sishodia added: "He always put the nation before anything else."
"Just a couple of days ago, Sankalp had phoned me but I was in the market and told him that I would get back to him. I forgot. Will always regret it," cried Amit, one of his many friends present at the funeral.
Dignitaries who paid the martyr homage included Governor Syed Ahmed, chief minister Hemant Soren, leader of Opposition Arjun Munda, Union petroleum and natural gas minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Jharkhand MPs and Union ministers of state Jayant Sinha and Sudarshan Bhagat, Ranchi's MP and MLA Ram Tahal Choudhary and C.P. Singh, DGP Rajeev Kumar, Ranchi DC Vinay Kumar Choubey, and JMM's MLA aspirant Mahua Maji.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in an election rally in Hazaribagh yesterday, had paid glowing tributes to "Jharkhand's son". "His sacrifice will inspire generations," Modi said.
Aptly, a youth at Ratu Road, watching the funeral procession pass by today, told his friend: " Maro toh aise maro (This is a death worth dying)."

If not of this radicals so called freedom fighters ... Those children would have their father.. God knows who is human and who is not... Radicals will never be accepted by God

In Mahabharata war doctrine, it was a rule to not attack when the enemy is sleeping and unarmed. Aswasthama did that and was cursed to to roam on earth till eternity with disease . If you are a fighter then confront with the enemy face to face. Why kill somebody while he sleeps? The terrorist will surely get 72 muscular studs in hell!!

What you mean freedom fighter's don't have families, childrens. :mad:
In that case they should think and know that Family serving is first and it is even preferred by God

In Mahabharata war doctrine, it was a rule to not attack when the enemy is sleeping and unarmed. Aswasthama did that and was cursed to to roam on earth till eternity with disease . If you are a fighter then confront with the enemy face to face. Why kill somebody while he sleeps? The terrorist will surely get 72 muscular studs in hell!!
For that you need guts... to challenge face to face... pigs dont have it

In that case they should think and know that Family serving is first and it is even preferred by God

For that you need guts... to challenge face to face... pigs dont have it
According to your statement "Family serving is first" :D then lt col died for no reason?, he don't obey God?

If Mahabharata war doctrine was truly followed, there won't be any military deployment in Kashmir.

you can't pick and choose from scriptures/ancient history.
unless you want to ape Jihadis.

According to your statement "Family serving is first" :D then lt col died for no reason?, he don't obey God?

Hee hee very funny... I know you understood what i mean.. That is more than enough.. I hope you wont expect an answer for the troll part :)

If Mahabharata war doctrine was truly followed, there won't be any military deployment in Kashmir.

you can't pick and choose from scriptures/ancient history.
unless you want to ape Jihadis.
You should know better why there is a military in Kashmir..

I do. This is why I said it.

What Gandhi and Nehru did to Kashmir in 1940s was totally unjustified. It resulted in millions of Hindus and Muslims being kicked out of their homes.

So please read a bit.

Quoting scriptures willy nilly is Jihadi's job. Hopefully not yours.

I do. This is why I said it.

What Gandhi and Nehru did to Kashmir in 1940s was totally unjustified. It resulted in millions of Hindus and Muslims being kicked out of their homes.

So please read a bit.

Quoting scriptures willy nilly is Jihadi's job. Hopefully not yours.

It was Raja who asked for Help right? you should question the Raja not our leaders.. They did there duty as the scriptures say...

Hee hee very funny... I know you understood what i mean.. That is more than enough.. I hope you wont expect an answer for the troll part :)

Please defend your statement. "Family serving first?"

Back
Top Bottom