What's new

What can Pakistan can purchase to improve air defense?

what about Iranian systems??
View attachment 569374
talash system:
View attachment 569375
View attachment 569376
tracking range against combat drones and fighter jets: 150 km
interception range against combat drones and fighter jets: 120 km
detection range against stealth targets: 85 km
interception range against stealth targets: 45 km
flight ceiling: 27 km
engagement range against ballistic missiles: 7-75 km
missiles: sayyad-2 (75 km) and sayyad-3 (120 km)

Are the missile seeker heades of these Missiles designed and produced in Iran?

what about Iranian systems??
View attachment 569374
talash system:
View attachment 569375
View attachment 569376
tracking range against combat drones and fighter jets: 150 km
interception range against combat drones and fighter jets: 120 km
detection range against stealth targets: 85 km
interception range against stealth targets: 45 km
flight ceiling: 27 km
engagement range against ballistic missiles: 7-75 km
missiles: sayyad-2 (75 km) and sayyad-3 (120 km)
No thank you......I regard any claims from Iran in respect to weapon systems to be dubious to farcical.

Are the missile seeker heades of these Missiles designed and produced in Iran?
yes:
46704864_2011718509121808_2982156652870966924_n.jpg

images

No thank you......I regard any claims from Iran in respect to weapon systems to be dubious to farcical.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/tens...own-us-spy-drone.623950/page-12#post-11559656

Hisar is the name of a large missile family which is being developed to provide protection for layered air coverage from short to long altitude. There are plenty of Hisar missiles that is on its way to pass into serial production. "Siper" is the long altitude missile which is equivalent of PAC-3. "PORSAV" is MANPADS.

RF seeker head developed for Medium Altitude Hisar Naval /Land based missile
View attachment 568494

What is the projected price of a system like "Siper"? What is the range of "siper" against various targets? What capabilities does the PORSAV Manpad have that current Pakistani Anza systems lack?

Porsav has IIR seeker, smokeless engine and maybe a little bit higher altitude performance.

siper is not matured yet , there is not much info about it. nobody can estimate the price tag yet.

Any progress on development of long-range air-defence system (Hisar-U) with similar state-of-the-art technologies? Are these systems (Hisar-A, Hisar-O, and Hisar-U) being developed simultaneously or is it gonna be linear development? In that case, when is Hisar-U expected to be operational?

Only thing we have about Siper missiles are the simple image representing the Siper program in an official brochure. Features of this missile is being kept secret from the public but In presentation ceremony held by Tübitak SAGE, It was announced that Siper will be operational in 2021-22. Siper family will enlarge to longer ranges with different blocks in following years. Aselsan officially commenced to develop divert and attitude control thrusters for missile application. This means a surface to air missile system which will reach exo-athmospheric layer with d/a control mechanism similar to Thaad. I expect First blocks could be a missile which will be equivalent of Patriot missiles in terms of range.
images.jpeg

Last edited:
I have said it before and I will say it again. For Pakistan the best air defence system to procure is the Russian S-350 Vityaz. With 12 missiles of 120km range per launch vehicle, the Vityaz is probably the best 100 km class SAM system in the world.

Pakistan is mountainous, and radar horizon is limited in most places. This means that very long range missiles like the 200-250km class S-300/HQ-9/S-400 won't be able to utilize their full engagement range as the ground based radars are going to have very limited fields of view.

An alternative to the S-350, should Russia not be willing to sell, is the Korean KM-SAM system, which was a JV between South Korea and Russia. The KM-SAM is very similar to the S-350 and the koreans would be much more willing to transfer production technology to Pakistan.

In the long run, however, Pakistan's best options will be the in-development Turkish SAM Systems like Siper and the Hisar Family.

I have also written more on this here:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...efence-capability.605872/page-6#post-11264762

I would say build a local LR-SAM even if it has low pk. It would be considerably cheaper. I think that is the most balanced policy rather than "no sams we want to put all our eggs in the a2a basket" and "lets spend a billion on sams"

I would say build a local LR-SAM even if it has low pk. It would be considerably cheaper. I think that is the most balanced policy rather than "no sams we want to put all our eggs in the a2a basket" and "lets spend a billion on sams"

Hi,

Always buy the best bang for the money---. Never buy cheap---

Last edited:
I said this before I am going to say this again ..
It is not what Pakistan can buy , it is all about what Pakistan can build … We need lots of sam systems to cover Our Air Space and to provide our Army air cover , also please don't forget we have 700+km of Costal areas too .. For that best and only suitable , cost effective option is build them at home …..

1. Proper Short Range SAMs (50Km)
  2. Proper Medium Range Low to High Alti SAMs (150+KM)
  3. Proper Long Range Low to High Alti SAMs (250+ KM)
Above all 3 in great numbers to cover every inch of Air , Land & Sea ………...

Hi,

Always buy the best bang for the money---. Never buy cheap---

" SASTA ROY BAAR BAAR---MEHNGA ROY AIK BAAR---". You never heard that saying---.

My Allen Edmonds shoes---$295 a pair lasted so long---that I got tired of seeing them after 10 + years of wearing them---.

Donated them to salvation army---some lucky poor guy got a great deal---.

Pakistan just need to focus its development towards 1 major primary weapons system due to the financial restraints it has---.

LR-SAM is a totally different animal---you need to ally with someone to manufacture it or just buy it outright---. Even Turkey had to go to the russians to buy the S400's---even though Turkey is ahead of Pak in missile tech---.

I bought a pair of Chinese joggers, my whole family laughed at me. I'm still wearing it 4 years later, while other members branded Nikes and others are all torn up.

But I personally think of the issue differently. I don't really want to wear a pair of shoes for even 4 years. I'd rather buy new shoes every year, use them well, and buy them for peanuts. The shoes I spoke of, cost me 12 dollars equivalent.

The lesson here is that general rules based on purchases are always suspect.

If we had the money, we should definitely go with an expensive S-350. But because we don't have the money or will to do this, what I am saying is that it is better to have something.

It's better to have a shoe, even a lousy Chinese pair, rather than no shoes...

Shoes after all, are a necessity. Just like LR-SAMs.

You see, if the enemy attempts a "surgical strike" again, and it finds that a locally build LR-SAM has targeted it and launched - it does not know the pk of the weapon. The reaction would be to dump its bombs and evade.

You've already achieved a mission kill. At minimal costs.

Basically, the shoe fits, and it can get the job done.

PAF fighters can then do a mopping up of whatever surgical strike package remains.

The cost? Peanuts. Rather than a 1000 USD pair of shoes, you are getting them for 10 USD. The price difference is literally that much. I would not be surprised if our scientists could cobble together something that would cost 10 million USD per system. Put 10 such systems, and you have a national LR-SAM coverage with backup to spare. You would use the basic missile technology of a Nasr cobbled with a local seeker. The system needs to work, it doesn't need to be a world beater.

I have said it before and I will say it again. For Pakistan the best air defence system to procure is the Russian S-350 Vityaz. With 12 missiles of 120km range per launch vehicle, the Vityaz is probably the best 100 km class SAM system in the world.

Pakistan is mountainous, and radar horizon is limited in most places. This means that very long range missiles like the 200-250km class S-300/HQ-9/S-400 won't be able to utilize their full engagement range as the ground based radars are going to have very limited fields of view.

An alternative to the S-350, should Russia not be willing to sell, is the Korean KM-SAM system, which was a JV between South Korea and Russia. The KM-SAM is very similar to the S-350 and the koreans would be much more willing to transfer production technology to Pakistan.

In the long run, however, Pakistan's best options will be the in-development Turkish SAM Systems like Siper and the Hisar Family.

I have also written more on this here:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...efence-capability.605872/page-6#post-11264762

Sir, Pakistan's eastern border is almost plain area with mountains range is not more than few hundred meters.

HGi,

Respectfully---right now---your conversation has no head or tail---. You need to get your direction back---.

Just because it is chinese does not mean that it is cheap---. Chinese have learnt to make good product---.

Secondly---what is the use of Joggers---are they for running or just for daily use---?

Thirdly---you are not using your brains---you have a knee jerk reaction---comparing the usage of Joggers to Tier 1 missile systems---.

I can continue---but I will give you the chance to stop an re-think what you stated---.

A missile has a utility---it has a function---.

MK, I believe you are the one that threw a shoe in the conversation first.

Back
Top Bottom