What's new

What can Pakistan can purchase to improve air defense?

You guys also actually blocked the pipeline with Iran because you said it was the sanctions, but we have news that its because you were actually taking Saudi cash to NOt connect the Iranian pipeline to Pakistan
because Saudis and GCC have you following instructions for their $. Sorry.
typical Indian hypocrite posting

Thats why i tag mods rather than engaging him myself just deleting the post is not sufficient because he directly accused our armed forces of such baseless crimes and all this on PDF??? @Arsalan than u complain why we start trolling aisii galiyaan dainy py aisyy hi chor dain ???
Yes, i do complaint when you or anyone does that.

Please report all such posts as well. Thank you. The one you mentioned to WAZ have already been taken care of.

LOL ... we won't sell anything to Pakistan!
Okie, we all know you have nothing worth selling so get off that horse. This is exactly what I mean when I say the persians have an attitude problem.

Please report all such posts as well. Thank you. The one you mentioned to WAZ have already been taken care of.
Most reports dont go through and some are never answered. It's like the mods sit there and just swipes left ot right without actually digging up the issue

For example, why Pakistan would not need/want to buy Iran's third of khordad air defence.

This is the system that downed the American triton with ease. It is a highly mobile air defence, with active homing missiles ranges up to a range of 105km. It also has AESA radars.

D9l3yMFXoAANcYH.jpg

This system would be a nightmare for your enemies. My brother, don't underestimate Iran's defence capability. Short of a major war, it has tested many of it's system in combat, ranging from missiles to UAVs.
We will just get the original Russian one if it comes to it.

Most reports don't go through and some are never answered. It's like the mods sit there and just swipes left ot right without actually digging up the issue
100% of reports are checked. You may not agree with the decision made on reports but not a single one is ignored. Decision is made on all of them and we try to do this in 24 to 36 hours of the report.

100% of reports are checked. You may not agree with the decision made on reports but not a single one is ignored. Decision is made on all of them and we try to do this in 24 to 36 hours of the report.
Alright, thanks

Yah agree with u back than it was another time after 27th Feb we did a lot great fun but its long passed we should focus on coming matters and encourage healthy balanced arguments trolling/derailing dragging the PDF standard down

That's why Iran rejected Russia's offer for S-400 and instead went for its own system? Next time think a litle before making such a nonsensical claim. Iran is one of the few nations that can claim it's hardware have actually been tested in combat.
I wouldn't go for system when everyone is buying , untested and until or unless Russia don't provide all codes for further enhancement of product software. Plus, these systems are very expensive and success rate is " always" very low.
Pakistan should go for its own system.

@waz this on the other hand deserves a minimum warning in my opinion!
typical Indian hypocrite posting
1. Im not INdian
2. What i said is true

GAS PIPELINE
JULY 1, 2019
000_1G648M-900x540.jpg

File photo of Pakistani attendants at a gasoline station in Islamabad. With a falling rupee and international prices going up, the government is keen to improve its energy import basket. Photo: AFP / Asmir Qureshi
Pakistan’s hopes for an energy pipeline with Iran evaporate
Escalating tensions between the US and Iran end Pakistan’s hopes for Iran pipeline with Chinese or Russian involvement

ByZAFAR IQBAL, ISLAMABAD

The shooting down of a US drone by Iran has had some unintended consequences for Pakistan. Desperate for more energy security, while its economy is in the doldrums, Pakistan was hoping to move forward on an energy pipeline with Iran through a third party. But, like the US drone, Pakistan’s hope for such a pipeline seems to have hit a major setback.

While Pakistani officials publicly maintain that there is little hope for an Iran-Pakistan pipeline, they have been quietly working with China and Russia in the hope that a third party can pull it off. But even those plans hit a roadblock after tensions between Iran and the US escalated.

The Chinese angle
Pakistan and China had signed a framework agreement on April 20, 2015, to award, without a bidding process, a contract to build a liquefied natural gas pipeline between Gwadar and Nawabshah pipeline and an LNG terminal. The contractor was to be China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC). Exim Bank of China was to provide 85% financing for the project.

This was an alternate model to implement the gas pipeline project. CNPC was also to connect an 80km pipeline from Gwadar in Balochistan to the Iranian border if the US sanctions were lifted. “Now, CNPC is still interested in initiating work on this project,” an official said, adding that this is the only option that is available with Pakistan and Iran to implement the gas pipeline project.

But Dr Gulfraz Ahmed, former secretary of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, said that Pakistan cannot afford to implement the project. “Pakistan is also facing problems with the Financial Action Task Force (FATF). In view of this situation, it cannot afford to implement the project. It can ask Iran if it would implement the IP project after sanctions are lifted. India had been importing oil from Iran but stopped after the US waiver ended,” Dr Ahmed told Asia Times.

The former managing director of the state run gas utility Sui Southern Gas Company, Zuhair Siddiqui believes that pushing this project at this stage is likely to increase Pakistan’s political complications exponentially. Instead, he suggested that Pakistan look at other alternatives like LNG imports and the TAPI (Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India) pipeline project.

In June 2017, then Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif visited Saudi Arabia for high-level talks. This was at a time when the diplomatic crisis between Saudi Arabia and Qatar was at its height. Saudi Arabia and its allies — Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain – announced the withdrawal of diplomatic ties with Qatar.

During the meeting, Saudi Arabia also put pressure on Sharif to shelve any economic and diplomatic relations with Iran and Qatar. There was also pressure to suspend the IP gas pipeline project. The LNG Gwadar pipeline, which was an alternate plan to connect with the Iranian pipeline, was also shelved.

With Pakistan’s economy in meltdown, Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman had promised a US$ 20 billion package for Pakistan. Part of this is a US$10 billion oil refinery in Gwadar, Balochistan. “Since Pakistan has a long border with Iran, the IP pipeline project should not be abandoned due to Saudi Arabia,” Ahmed said. He believes that the pipeline will bring a lot of economic benefits and energy security to Pakistan.

The Russian option
The second alternative is to divert the gas allocated for the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project to an offshore pipeline project being planned by Russia. The Russian firm Gazprom is conducting a study to build an offshore pipeline project from Iran to India passing through Gwadar.

Pakistan and Russia inked a memorandum of understanding in February this year to conduct a feasibility study to implement the US$10 billion offshore gas pipeline. However, even that option seems unlikely in the current scenario. In November, 2018, a team from Iran which included legal experts, arrived in Pakistan to discuss the execution of the gas pipeline project.

Naturally, the Iranian team was of the view that US sanctions would not affect the gas pipeline project. However, Pakistan feared being brought under US sanctions if it went ahead with the deal. The US has already warned Pakistan about its sanctions and asked it not to move on the gas pipeline following the sanctions imposed by the Trump administration.

The pipeline is slated to deliver 21.5 million cubic meters of gas per day to Pakistan.

Trump had announced the re-imposition of sanctions on Iran on May 8, 2018, when he signaled US withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). He also threatened to slap secondary sanctions on foreign companies that do business with Iran.

Meanwhile, the Iranian delegation lobbied hard with Pakistan to implement the project. Iran, Pakistan and India were to be the key partners, while Russia was invited as an observer. However, Pakistan said that gas under IP gas pipeline project and the offshore gas pipeline would come from Iran and therefore, Pakistan should implement only one project. It could be either the offshore gas pipeline or the IP gas pipeline.

Iran had agreed to implement the offshore gas pipeline project. Under the new model, the gas volume allocated for the IP gas pipeline project would be diverted to the offshore gas pipeline project. Iran had agreed to follow this model and officials were of the view that they would be supporting this model.

Officials with the federal Petroleum Division said that Iranian team was scheduled to visit Pakistan on June 19, and these two options would be discussed. During the visit of Prime Minister Imran Khan to Iran in April, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani took up the matter with the Pakistani side, and officials of two sides had also held a meeting on this project. Iran had also offered Pakistan the opportunity to implement the project through a ‘third party’. However, nothing came out of these meetings.

Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, former Petroleum Minister, said that Pakistan could not implement the IP gas pipeline project even through a third party. “Pakistan will not be able to generate funds. Even old oil contracts were facing sanctions and India and China are facing disruptions and challenges in oil imports,” he said.

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/07/a...s-for-an-energy-pipeline-with-iran-evaporate/

So for me, the pattern is emerging- Most time when GCC countries, especially KSA and UAE give Pakistan financial "aid" or loan, there is some sting attached, either Pakistan will cut off biz with Iran, or Pakistan will allow some proxy group operate against Iran from Balochistan. Im not even angry tbh, every country has to do what their perceive to be in their best interest, but the truth must come out and be said publicly.

1. Im not INdian
I am from planet Krypton
2. What i said is true
this is what you said
you were actually taking Saudi cash to NOt connect the Iranian pipeline to Pakistan
because Saudis and GCC have you following instructions for their $. Sorry.
and I am rating you negative to constantly posting FALSE PROPAGANDA

I think he is Persian :D
nope check his posting history He is false flag Indian who is trying to put his share in a matter pertaining to Pak-Iran ... like any other Typical Indian

Jeez reading Iranians comments here gives you impression they make better weapons than USA , Russia , China , France and UK ..

The world doesn't revolve around Iran, as long as these Iranians have this attitude I doubt relationship between both countries will improve .

Range is short for the HiSAR and it's infrared guided which is unreliable at long ranges when compared to radar guided missiles. Umkhonto is a good idea but has short range at only 9.3 miles.

Hisar is the name of a large missile family which is being developed to provide protection for layered air coverage from short to long altitude. There are plenty of Hisar missiles that is on its way to pass into serial production. "Siper" is the long altitude missile which is equivalent of PAC-3. "PORSAV" is MANPADS.

RF seeker head developed for Medium Altitude Hisar Naval /Land based missile
Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom