What's new

What decisions been made in Bonn conference?

Fracker

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear All,

I saw a new where all participates said "The decisions made at Bonn Conference will be implemented" But couldn't find what decisions been made. I been searching for the list, but couldn't find, can somebody share that? I am sure that will help everyone in understanding current situation.

Dear All,

I saw a new where all participates said "The decisions made at Bonn Conference will be implemented" But couldn't find what decisions been made. I been searching for the list, but couldn't find, can somebody share that? I am sure that will help everyone in understanding current situation.
its a long list but here is summery :
:blah: and :blah: and :blah::blah::blah:

No decision... Proves that "Nothing can done in afghanistan without Pakistan".
:pakistan: Accepted as a main protagonist.

Dear All,

To put it briefly, decision has been made that US,NATO and the international community would be supporting Afghanistan even after the assumed 2014 troop pull out. 'Some' steps will be taken to root out corruption and decision to strength Afghan forces has been taken.

Dear All,

BONN, Dec 5: The Bonn conference convened on Monday to discuss Afghanistan’s future after Nato troops leave in 2014 pledged sustained support for another decade, assuring the Kabul government that “we will not let you meet the same fate as your predecessors met after the Soviet pullout”.

Participants, including US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, vowed to stand by Afghanistan as it struggles to establish security and stability.

“This renewed partnership between Afghanistan and the international community entails firm mutual commitments in the areas of governance, security, the peace process, economic and social development, and regional cooperation,” the conference’s conclusions said.

“The protection of civilians, strengthening the rule of law and the fight against corruption in all its forms remain key priorities

President Hamid Karzai told around 1,000 delegates that his government needed long-term international backing.

“We will need your steadfast support for at least another decade” after the troops pull out, he said.

The meeting came 10 years after another conference here put an interim Afghan government under President Karzai in place after US-led troops ousted the Taliban in the wake of the Sept 11 attacks.

However, Pakistan and the Taliban decided to stay away, dampening already modest hopes for real progress.

German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle insisted there would be no rush to the exit. “We send a clear message to the people of Afghanistan: we will not leave you alone, you will not be abandoned,” he said, pledging help in comments echoed by Chancellor Merkel in a brief address.

Hillary Clinton announced the United States was ending a freeze on hundreds of millions of dollars in development funds due to financial reforms by the Afghan government.

“The entire region has a stake in Afghanistan’s future and much to lose if the country again becomes a source of terrorism and instability — and that is why we would of course have benefited from Pakistan’s contribution to this conference,” she said.

National reconciliation, along with the transition to Afghan sovereignty and international engagement after 2014, had originally topped the conference’s agenda. But such hopes soured after tentative contacts collapsed and the September assassination of President Karzai’s peace envoy, former president Burhanuddin Rabbani.

President Karzai insisted he remained open to talks. “The political process will continue to be inclusive, open to Taliban and other militants who denounce violence, break ties with international terrorism, accept the Afghan constitution and defend peaceful life,” he said.

Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi underlined his country’s objections to international forces retaining a presence in Afghanistan after the Nato combat troops pull out.

He said Iran suspected a bid by Nato member countries to maintain a regional foothold.

“Certain western countries are attempting to enlarge their influence in Afghanistan after 2014 with their military presence, which contradicts their efforts to support peace and security.

“We think that any regional or international initiative to re-establish peace in Afghanistan can only succeed if the possibility of maintaining foreign troops there is rejected.”

Mr Salehi said Iran would “continue to contribute to Afghanistan’s reconstruction and extends the offer of cooperation to other countries for this aim”.

But the international troops’ presence over the last decade had done nothing to “diminish the development of terrorism” or establish peace in Afghanistan, he said.

There are around 140,000 international troops in Afghanistan and all Nato-led combat forces are due to leave by the end of 2014. However, some member countries, including the US, have indicated they intend to maintain a supportive military presence.—Agencies

To put it briefly, decision has been made that US,NATO and the international community would be supporting Afghanistan even after the assumed 2014 troop pull out. 'Some' steps will be taken to root out corruption and decision to strength Afghan forces has been taken.
So They call Bonn conference and representatives of other nation just for that stuff?

Nothing useful in that , just a waste of time.

the_puppet_show_500.jpg

Oh that Bonn conference or that joke conference.

Lets see what comes of that vacation trip.

The whole blame is on Pakistan, that it did not attend, and contributed solely to the failure of the conference!

Before Bonn conference :

we will do this , :Blah::blah::blah:

after Bonn Conference. :

Food was REALLY NICE :chilli:

Back
Top Bottom