What's new

What was the most important Empire in India's history?

What was the most important Empire in India's history?

• Total voters
Like it or not the British Empire effected us the most....All other empires were or became a part of the subcontinent....The Mughals came here but adopted while the Murya were from here....ultimately the became a part of the local culture....while The Brits were foreign from top to bottom...beginning to end....they literally drained the subcontinent dry!And as they were the latest from today's perspective they are the most important!

mrwarrior006^^^^
The Brits gave you the political system which transform what you are today.

Be Thankful. They did take your treasures and enslave you people. But they gave something back - the railway system and the political system and the language that binds the country.

:rolleyes:

If I give you a penny after robbing you, I guess you should be thankful to me as well.

Of course the British Empire silly indians. They gave you indian culture, English and most importantly toilets.

The British East India Company

eastindia.jpg

Never seen such happy lions :p

^^^ I don't know. I will try to elaborate - those red lips signifies the remnants of blood and treasures of India.

^^^ I know what you mean. A well-fed lion is a happy lion.

If you mean they are happy for looting India then yes I agree with you. But, anyway that's not what I meant.

You too look pretty well fed from your picture my Chini friend. Time to get off the couch and open your eyes.

mrwarrior006^^^^
The Brits gave you the political system which transform what you are today.

Be Thankful. They did take your treasures and enslave you people. But they gave something back - the railway system and the political system and the language that binds the country.

i dont think there were elections during the British empire and it was neither Democratic rule in fact it was dictatorship don't you think so

and regarding railways do you think we would not have built one if not British had built it. Thats the lamest thing i have heard to build something u need to be ruled.

and yeah language even today only marginal people use English (that too to get job thanks to outsourcing )

^^^ Could have, would have, should have.

It is what had happened that matters. Because that is history.

Other than that it is just day dreaming.

@armchairPrivate
Yes but still in wrong way thats what i am saying as i had started conversation with you implying it was not important but tragic so what happened is less compared to the tragedy or struggle we had to go

and its not could have, would have, should have it would have definitely happened necessity is the mother of invention(British didn't build rockets for us we did)

^^^ You can't change the past. Whether it is right or wrong.

A woman is pregnant as a result of rape. She still carries a life. She shall treat that child as her own which is.

That's how history was made.

Looking back is only for those who regret.

Back
Top Bottom