What's new

Whatever

IPS certificating and quad core sounds cool.
So with nexus X Android L will also be launched.Interesting!!

Yeah, Google devices always have the latest version of Android on them. Besides, this is the pure Android experience so it's always worth looking in to for those that hate OEM modifications. I hope water resistance doesn't imply being water proof because I don't like the straps they put on the ports to protect them from water, & what makes it worse is that they tend to break too easily.

Was that a failed attempt at Punjabi ? :sarcastic:

And I thought my Punjabi was bad ! :whistle:
Sorry! I dont speak punjabi.My hindi is like this only.

Armstrong said:
Was it really ? :what:

Interesting...I didn't know that !

Read this....
BBC - h2g2 - The Controversy Surrounding the Origins of the Taj Mahal
- A5220

The article is right about how an underground gate and a few rooms have remained closed forever.
And there's a trishul on top of Tajmahal's dome instead of the usual crescent.These are just some the arguments.
seriously I dont care if Shahjahan had constructed Tajmahal or not.And if it was really for his wife or not.
But I must say the Iranian architect has done a splendid job.:)

Read this....
BBC - h2g2 - The Controversy Surrounding the Origins of the Taj Mahal
- A5220

The article is right about how an underground gate and a few rooms have remained closed forever.
And there's a trishul on top of Tajmahal's dome instead of the usual crescent.These are just some the arguments.
seriously I dont care if Shahjahan had constructed Tajmahal or not.And if it was really for his wife or not.
But I must say the Iranian architect has done a splendid job.:)

Levina, any thing that has the name of P. N. Oak should be kept at a distance. He claimed that Christianity was Krishna-Nitty, he also made a number of other such claims.

I read the link that you provided. It also lists arguments presented by P. N. Oak. These are all conjectures and given weight only because P. N. Oak wanted to interpret them a certain way. I do not know why only Hindus of a particular mind-set come up with theories like this.

"Oak's claims, e.g. that Christianity and Islam are both derivatives of Hinduism, or that the Catholic Vatican, Kaaba and the Taj Mahalwere once Hindu temples to Shiva,[1] and their reception in Indian popular culture have been noted by observers of contemporary Indian society, who variously characterised Oak as a "mythistorian"[2] or more directly as a "Crank".[3]"

P. N. Oak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Levina, any thing that has the name of P. N. Oak should be kept at a distance. He claimed that Christianity was Krishna-Nitty, he also made a number of other such claims.

I read the link that you provided. It also lists arguments presented by P. N. Oak. These are all conjectures and given weight only because P. N. Oak wanted to interpret them a certain way. I do not know why only Hindus of a particular mind-set come up with theories like this.

"Oak's claims, e.g. that Christianity and Islam are both derivatives of Hinduism, or that the Catholic Vatican, Kaaba and the Taj Mahalwere once Hindu temples to Shiva,[1] and their reception in Indian popular culture have been noted by observers of contemporary Indian society, who variously characterised Oak as a "mythistorian"[2] or more directly as a "Crank".[3]"

I have not seen any serious historian saying it.. so it remains a conspiracy theory...

I read the link that you provided. It also lists arguments presented by P. N. Oak. These are all conjectures and given weight only because P. N. Oak wanted to interpret them a certain way.

Frankly I didnt know much about Oak.
Since childhood I had heard of such stories,not that it matters, but google gave me another reason to reinforce my beliefs.
Even if Taj Mahal had been a temple,I think it would have been equally famous.Isnt it?? :)
And there're a few reasons why I think it may have been a temple which was renovated by Shahjahan.
One, such things(as in temples getting renovated into mosques,monasteries converted into temples etc) was fairly common in those days.
Two, the dome has a trishul instead of a usual crescent which is found on domes of the mosques.
Three,the floral designs on Tajmahal's floors are pretty similar to those made in temples.since the architect was an Iranian I expected something more Mughlai in style.
I don't mean that all of Tajmahal was a temple but just that a part of Tajmahal (including one of the 3gates) was a temple.
And whatever I have quoted is all my observation.And I have no way to prove it. :)

Chak Bamu said:
I do not know why only Hindus of a particular mind-set come up with theories like this.
I beg you please dont count me among them.
There's a reason why I earn so many brickbats on the forum.... for being secular or "sickularist".

I have not seen any serious historian saying it.. so it remains a conspiracy theory...
Fine I am not a serious historian.
And I dont want anyone taking my observation seriously. I also dont want some VHP guys getting raucous about it in future.

Last edited:
I can perceive things in 5 dimensions - I'm Nietzsche's Ubermensch ! :smokin:

Maybe someday you lesser mortals would evolve to my level of excellence too ! :unsure:
5 dimensions??
Are you sure???
Get your eyes tested pls. I am sure those 're 5 images and not 5 dimensions that you see :lol: which I think I should have expected as Mr.Amii Butt has squint eyes. :P

Armstrong said:
You're right...I think what @hinduguy should've said instead was that most PDF MEN have a brain the size of walnut - Thats why the most you guys can do is to make grunting sounds & speak like 'I Hungry' ! :unsure:
I have corrected it for you. :P
And somehow all your posts prove your statement. :lol:

:p::bunny:

Btw how are you feeling now?? :-)

Last edited:
Frankly I didnt know much about Oak.
Since childhood I had heard of such stories,not that it matters, but google gave me another reason to reinforce my beliefs.
Even if Taj Mahal had been a temple,I think it would have been equally famous.Isnt it?? :)
And there're a few reasons why I think it may have been a temple which was renovated by Shahjahan.
One, such things(as in temples getting renovated into mosques,monasteries converted into temples etc) was fairly common in those days.
Two, the dome has a trishul instead of a usual crescent which is found on domes of the mosques.
Three,the floral designs on Tajmahal's floors are pretty similar to those made in temples.since the architect was an Iranian I expected something more Mughlai in style.
I don't mean that all of Tajmahal was a temple but just that a part of Tajmahal (including one of the 3gates) was a temple.
And whatever I have quoted is all my observation.And I have no way to prove it. :)

I beg you please dont count me among them.
There's a reason why I earn so many brickbats on the forum.... for being secular or "sickularist".

Fine I am not a serious historian.
And I dont want anyone taking my observation seriously. I also dont want some VHP guys getting raucous about it in future.

I really should not drag this any farther, its not worth our time. But look at the big picture: Shahjahan was one of the most powerful monarchs of the world, probably the richest man. He certainly had a passion for spending money on monuments. Why would he elect to renovate a temple and convert it? This makes no sense.

Building Taj Mahal was a team project. Its design elements are not exclusively Persian, or Central Asian, or South Asian. And this is what makes it the great building that it is. If someone were to focus on Indian elements to make a claim along ethno-religious lines then that is their problem. If someone insists on finding something, they will somehow do it. That was the case with P. N. Oak and others like him. They will ignore a million things to focus on one that will raise suspicion, not prove their case. People who think like him will do the rest all by themselves armed with just suspicion.

Its not history, its psychology. That is why he is considered a Mythistorian and Crank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom