What's new

What's in your Gun Locker?

HI every one. I'm new to this forum.

My locker currently has these. MP5 is a my sons plastic gun. Others are real.

I'm waiting for my rifle licence, in the mean time I'm doing a little research to decide which rifle caliber/chambering should I get for home defence + sport shooting.

I'll appreciate any suggestions feed back from experienced mature/ responsible members in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
HI every one. I'm new to this forum.

My locker currently has these. MP5 is a my sons plastic gun. Others are real.

I'm waiting for my rifle licence, in the mean time I'm doing a little research to decide which rifle caliber/chambering should I get for home defence + sport shooting.

I'll appreciate any suggestions feed back from experienced mature/ responsible members in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

The S&W is a fantastic pistol, they still use them in ATS School and have very good handling for a 9mm altough i do know they now also use the 45 version. However some of the older models have a hurrendous play on the trigger which i find a bit annoying (just down to bad maintainance).

If you are looking for a rifle most in Pakistan go with the sensible option of .223 Semi Auto 5 shot cost is cheap and excellent hunting/sport rifle. If you are looking for somthing a bit more classy Edgar Borthers now export to Pakistan and you can find a very good selection of James Pertie.

My Cousin recently picked up a russian .22LR (not my first choice) but the stock is burr walnut, if you like that sort of thing then you may want to investigate the Ruger M77 Mk1.

Anyway thank you for sharing. :)

I don't have a gun locker or a gun for that matter but if I did:

1) Lee Enfield No. 4 Rifle chambered for 7.62mm
2) Browning Hi Power
3) Colt 9mm SMG based on the AR15 or Bizon-2-01

Both 2 and 3 chambered for 9x19mm Parabellum

If you are looking for a rifle most in Pakistan go with the sensible option of .223 Semi Auto 5 shot cost is cheap and excellent hunting/sport rifle. If you are looking for somthing a bit more classy Edgar Borthers now export to Pakistan and you can find a very good selection of James Pertie.

Another friend suggested the same. Can i find a brand new Russian/Chinese rifle in this caliber ? US made rifles available in this caliber cost an arm and a leg. I ones saw achines copy of AR15, even that one was around 180K when the PKR:USD parity was around 60:01.

How about .222? do you have any experience of this cartridge? Is this round easily / cheaply available in Pakistan?

Whilst you can pick up .222 rounds from selected dealers i would seriously recommend u choose .223 and this is primarily because it is widely available and is an excellent round and cheaper :).

Secondly yes you can pick up a Chinese dirt cheap but Russians are slightly more costly. I would recommend you go with the Russian option purely because the quality is far better and value for money when it comes to handling and durability.

Let me know which prt of Pak you are in and i will try and recommed a decent gun smith.

Regards,

I would seriously recommend u choose .223 and this is primarily because it is widely available and is an excellent round and cheaper :).

Secondly yes you can pick up a Chinese dirt cheap but Russians are slightly more costly. I would recommend you go with the Russian option purely because the quality is far better and value for money when it comes to handling and durability.

Let me know which prt of Pak you are in and i will try and recommed a decent gun smith.

Regards,

I live in Karachi, and will appreciate your help.

Which russian rifle is better in this (.223) chambering AK74 or Saiga. As AK74/AKM/AKMS etc all use AK47 plateform their accuracy sucks beyond 200/300 meter range. USmade AR's are very steep, can't afford the at this point in time, they are also very hard to maintain compared to AK74, which requires minimal maintenance.

What other choices are there in .223. Germans are difficult to find and out of budget range.

I live in Karachi, and will appreciate your help.

Which russian rifle is better in this (.223) chambering AK74 or Saiga. As AK74/AKM/AKMS etc all use AK47 plateform their accuracy sucks beyond 200/300 meter range. USmade AR's are very steep, can't afford the at this point in time, they are also very hard to maintain compared to AK74, which requires minimal maintenance.

What other choices are there in .223. Germans are difficult to find and out of budget range.

I will check and let you know, if your heart is set on US weapons try the Ruger 10/22 Carbine "You can convert it to full auto" ;) and it a very stable and reliable weapon. Only draw-back, in Pakistan most people only carry the .22 LR version.

Anyways i will check around about your request and let you know by Sunday via PM.

Regards,

Anyways i will check around about your request and let you know by Sunday via PM.

I'm not a big fan of .22 for SD/HD. Would like something more potent for this purpose. Will wait for your PM. thanks

if gov of pak allow to me i wana fit this gun roof of my home

d13d91d42bd6ad907f151def849924a4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom