What's new

WHEN CHINA BECOMES NO.1, WHAT HAPPENS THEN?

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Wednesday, 06 January 2016 21:10

Written by Kishore Mahbubani
In introducing this lecture, the Harvard Kennedy School said that for the first time in more than 200 years, a non-Western power, China, will have the largest economy in the world. China’s emergence will change our world order. To understand how China will behave when it becomes number one, this lecture by Kishore Mahbubani will introduce several questions: What are the priorities of the Chinese leaders? What impact have American policies had on China? Will China behave as America does when China becomes number one?

Economic%2BPropaganda%2BABC%2BNews%2BChina%2BCalls%2BFor%2BNew%2BGlobal%2BCurrency%2Band%2BU.S.%2BSays%2B%2522No%2521%2522.jpg

Last edited:
In introducing this lecture, the Harvard Kennedy School said that for the first time in more than 200 years, a non-Western power, China, will have the largest economy in the world. China’s emergence will change our world order. To understand how China will behave when it becomes number one, this lecture by Kishore Mahbubani will introduce several questions: What are the priorities of the Chinese leaders? What impact have American policies had on China? Will China behave as America does when China becomes number one?

Economic%2BPropaganda%2BABC%2BNews%2BChina%2BCalls%2BFor%2BNew%2BGlobal%2BCurrency%2Band%2BU.S.%2BSays%2B%2522No%2521%2522.jpg

Well i hope when china becomes no1 she well give us of a his own medicine

No world power will give their power to another country for free. Sparta vs Athens, Germany vs UK (ww1) etc etc. China knows this and thats why they are trying to become #1 under the radar, without pushing the Americans too much. So I dont think the question is if China will behave, but rather if the US will behave if China becomes #1. Will the US use military options (which I doubt) or more economic options and perhaps try to weaken China from the inside?

Secondly and more important. The USA is a great country because its a melting pot of different cultures. There are blacks, whites, Asians , Hispanics etc etc. And this is the reason the USA cant claim to be racial superior to any other country. China is a homogenic country, and that can indeed bring problems if the Chinese decide to look down on other nationalities.

How will China co-op with its neighboring countries? The economist analysed the situation good in my opinion:
"China cannot show weakness on what it sees as issues of national sovereignty"

One thing is for sure, the rise of China is bad for Russia. Thats why the Russians are afraid that one day, China will dominate the Russian far east.

:coffee: In fact the opposite is true. Russia is looking forward to China becoming the No.1 economy of the World.
China may dominate Russia Far East or perhaps the world but look who is more concern.

IMO Turkey is naturally worried because she has just offend Russia and Russia is a strategic military partner of China e.g. both nations conducted their naval exercise in the Mediterranean Sea. Incidentally during the exercise it was revealed by RT that the Chinese naval warships can detected the Russian Kilo submarines. And the million dollar question i: Will the Christian NATO rescue the Islamic Turkey?

Hence IMO when Vietnam deployed their new Kilo submarine in the shallow SCS, the Sunda Shelf it is suicidal as the Chinese Navy can easily destroyed them with her ASROC since they can detect them. Maybe that is why China never complained or attempted to stop Russia from supplying either the SU-30 or Kilo submarine to Vietnam.

No world power will give their power to another country for free. Sparta vs Athens, Germany vs UK (ww1) etc etc. China knows this and thats why they are trying to become #1 under the radar, without pushing the Americans too much. So I dont think the question is if China will behave, but rather if the US will behave if China becomes #1. Will the US use military options (which I doubt) or more economic options and perhaps try to weaken China from the inside?

Secondly and more important. The USA is a great country because its a melting pot of different cultures. There are blacks, whites, Asians , Hispanics etc etc. And this is the reason the USA cant claim to be racial superior to any other country. China is a homogenic country, and that can indeed bring problems if the Chinese decide to look down on other nationalities.

How will China co-op with its neighboring countries? The economist analysed the situation good in my opinion:

One thing is for sure, the rise of China is bad for Russia. Thats why the Russians are afraid that one day, China will dominate the Russian far east.
Look at the desperate Turkish trying to spread their nonsense and try to sow discord between Russian and Chinese. Russia has seen enough of double-headed snake US and they know China is better than US.
US is a true imperialist countries and has no regard of other countries law and culture. From vietnam war to Gulf war II. US soldier and federal government continue to exhibit the kind of barbarian behavior of abuse local citizens and atrocities of rape and murder becos in their eyes, they always think they are superior than the rest.

China has a policy of non interference and they do not impose their own will in other countries politic or think their system is superior and insist others countries must only follow their way.

Look at the desperate Turkish trying to spread their nonsense and try to sow discord between Russian and Chinese. Russia has seen enough of double-headed snake US and they know China is better than US.
US is a true imperialist countries and has no regard of other countries law and culture. From vietnam war to Gulf war II. US soldier and federal government continue to exhibit the kind of barbarian behavior of abuse local citizens and atrocities of rape and murder becos in their eyes, they always think they are superior than the rest.

China has a policy of non interference and they do not impose their own will in other countries politic or think their system is superior and insist others countries must only follow their way.

Be fair. He was objective in his analysis. I agree with him. Most Western scientists share his opinion too.

Be fair. He was objective in his analysis. I agree with him. Most Western scientists share his opinion too.
His reaction about desperate Turks is exact what I ment with my second paragraph. But dont argue with him, its impossible. Ive noticed that before.
I can claim my fact about Russias worries that China will dominate its far east one day (with multiple papers etc etc) , but it wouldnt help with him.

:coffee: In fact the opposite is true. Russia is looking forward to China becoming the No.1 economy of the World.
China may dominate Russia Far East or perhaps the world but look who is more concern.

IMO Turkey is naturally worried because she has just offend Russia and Russia is a strategic military partner of China e.g. both nations conducted their naval exercise in the Mediterranean Sea. Incidentally during the exercise it was revealed by RT that the Chinese naval warships can detected the Russian Kilo submarines. And the million dollar question i: Will the Christian NATO rescue the Islamic Turkey?

Hence IMO when Vietnam deployed their new Kilo submarine in the shallow SCS, the Sunda Shelf it is suicidal as the Chinese Navy can easily destroyed them with her ASROC since they can detect them. Maybe that is why China never complained or attempted to stop Russia from supplying either the SU-30 or Kilo submarine to Vietnam.
This has nothing to do with Turkey. Just because I have a Turkish flag doesnt mean that talking about Turkey now is proper.

Google it yourself and watch this video

The real threat is not a military one, but an economical one. Beeing totaly dependend on China in its far east and being dominated by Chinese immigrants. There are ,5 million Chinese workers in Russias far east right now.

Last edited:

I think you have it backwards with what you regard as what is being good and what is bad. It is the very fact that USA is racially divided is what will cause social disorder, when an inevitable civil crisis erupts in the US. USA is a racial time-bomb waiting to go off. When all those welfare takers don't get their money because USA can no longer afford it, because their Dollar racket is over, it's riot time!

China being mostly homogeneously Han is a real glue that strengthens national unity and may it remain that way. China should never follow the West and allow in immigrants so easily. Only take the brightest and best from abroad.

You're right in saying that China is trying to become number one, under the radar. Anybody who has any economic nous knows China has been the biggest economy in real terms (not phony, inflated Dollar-denominated nominal GDP estimates) for a long time now. China will remain low-key but won't be pushed around by US or its lapdogs (Vietnam, Pinoys, Japan, etc.). China already has enough teeth to give anybody a good bite, if they get out of line.

China's goal isn't to be just number one or better than US. It's to be strong and prosperous as the Chinese people can be, without having to worry about foreigners meddling in their domestic affairs. That's the Chinese dream!

Learning Chinese is much harder than English ... i can see foreign students will curse Chinese language very much ! LOL
Most Westerners learned English not by learning it at school but because of the American soft power. We grew up watching American tv shows, and playing English video games etc. A couple of friends from me can also speak Japanese by watching anime etc. If China increases its soft power, than the knowledge of Chinese wil also grow.

Wednesday, 06 January 2016 21:10

For all the negativity towards us since the creation of Pakistan some 69 years ago, China has been our ONLY TRUE ally and friend. Sorry I made a mistake, China is not Pakistan's friend but Pakistan's Brother. China is now family to us. China becoming no.1 world power will be absolutely fabulous for us. When China's becomes no.1, us Pakistanis will celebrate and party all night long. As a ultra patriotic Pakistani, I have the same feelings for our brother China as I do for Pakistan.

Last edited:

A fair analysis, I do concur with some points in it. Please feel free to share more views at your convenience, thanks.

Nothing will happen.

It's just a side effect of our goal to become a developed country.

Side effect, nothing more. We will continue to protect our interests, and remember those that have been friendly to us (Pakistan + Russia).

Very well said. There seems to be a lot of paranoia and suspicion outside while China is only emulating the East Asian model of development, say build infra, massive industrialization, export industrial produce, export surplus capital, save money and invest for the future. There is no intention for China to be "number one" if that means being the top nation in exporting ideology, inflation, weapons and debt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom