What's new

When Portugal Surrendered to India!

no, that was exactly the case.
East Pakistan was completely surrounded by India, they were out numbered by Indian troops and did not have support of the locals.
The army made a wise choice to surrender and save the solders lives vs fight a battle they had zero chance of winning.
No they were not surrounded. You are talking about geography not actual troop strength.
When PA surrendered, India army had no town in its control, and only 3000 troops outside dhaka.

Convinient excuse.. :)

Are you trolling for the heck of it or do you seriously think that India was not going to enter the war?
Even your fellow Indians admit that India was gearing up for war.
Pakistani intelligence reported this and Pakistan decided to try and bring the fight to West Pakistan where we had greater assets.

No they were not surrounded. You are talking about geography not actual troop strength.
When PA surrendered, India army had no town in its control, and only 3000 troops outside dhaka.

Yes they were surrounded, they were in hostile land with no place to retreat and no supplies or backup, and with India on all sides. That is the definition of surrounded. If PA had local support or a place to retreat to then they might have fought, but since they had nothing they decided to take the more sane option.

Are you trolling for the heck of it or do you seriously think that India was not going to enter the war?
Even your fellow Indians admit that India was gearing up for war.
Pakistani intelligence reported this and Pakistan decided to try and bring the fight to West Pakistan where we had greater assets.

Mate, I am talking about the war on the western front that was opened by Pakistan to relieve pressure on East Pakistan. India's strategic objectives not in Western Pakistan.

Mate, I am talking about the war on the western front that was opened by Pakistan to relieve pressure on East Pakistan. India's strategic objectives not in Western Pakistan.

huh?
You said some words in English but I think you were using Hindi grammar. Especially for that last sentence.

What are you saying?
Are you denying that India was gearing up for war?
if you are then you should listen to your fellow Indians who admit that this was the case.
Since that was the case Pakistan's preemptive strike are considered defensive and thus you cannot say we started the war.

Yes they were surrounded, they were in hostile land with no place to retreat and no supplies or backup, and with India on all sides. That is the definition of surrounded. If PA had local support or a place to retreat to then they might have fought, but since they had nothing they decided to take the more sane option.
I am not questioning the decision to surrender, I was only saying, factually, Indian army was not exactly in the position to take dhaka within a week or so. They were surrounded by bengalis not Indian army.
Yes, surrendering to bengalis would have been suicidal, and Indian army used that fear to extract surrender.

Convinient excuse.. :)

Final point being, Pakistan was first to commit aggression and India response was per UN charter.

Article 51

Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

CHAPTER VII: ACTION WITH RESPECT TO THREATS TO THE PEACE, BREACHES OF THE PEACE, AND ACTS OF AGGRESSION

^^ obvious troll is obvious.
please don't give this troll any attention, I already reported him.

huh?
You said some words in English but I think you were using Hindi grammar. Especially for that last sentence.

What are you saying?
Are you denying that India was gearing up for war?
if you are then you should listen to your fellow Indians who admit that this was the case.
Since that was the case Pakistan's preemptive strike are considered defensive and thus you cannot say we started the war.

Pakistan did air raids in Kashmir/punjab in the hope that IA will be divided in two opp directions.. One in western front and other in North Eastern front from China.. However, the latter was a pakistani delusion which culminated in India capturing more than 40K PA combatants..

I was just replying to a person who said pakistan was surrounded by Indian forces like portugal was, which was not the case. I am not arguing about why they surrendered.

its was surrounded by indian forces and the ally mukti bahini)bengalis)

i think to stop this thread getting off the topic we must stop talking about the 71 war so lets try not to talk about it anymore :)

how does a thread related to the Portugal defeat in Goa land up debating the 71 war?

Lets see, it was going fine till someone (CB4, Post #21) brought in the comment. From where I had to show him that almost every major country in Asia was a colony at some point. Then he brought the whole argument that India couldn't kick the Portuguese out till so much later on after independence. To this I showed him the whole example of how HongKong was still a British colony till 1997 and the British actually gave it back, and he was still going on about it. And eventually it lead to the derailment of the thread.

You can imagine that they were indeed slaves under many nations....

Look who is talking........
I didnt know pakistan was independent for last 1000 years :rofl:
And last time i checked, a state called pakistan appeared in history books for the first time oly in 1947..

i know my countries history better than you and i know more mysteries about it .. the soldiers surrendered cuz they realized that whom are they protecting if the bngalis are against them and with several other reasons ...

OK so be it, I am not out to give you a history lesson, and don't think the Pakistani soldiers were out to protect the Bengali's - going by the mass massacres of millions and the rapes they conducted on them and the millions of bengali refugees that fled to India. Again go through some neutral literature - doesn't harm one to increase one's knowledge beyond the scope of Pakistan's own history books.

Back
Top Bottom