What's new

When Portugal Surrendered to India!

great interview of mr. Kaul on independence of Goa:

Last edited by a moderator:
General Silva had orders to destroy Goa and surrender..He didnt do that..he refused a direct order from Salazar..after the surrender when he returned to Portugal he was court martialed and jailed where he died..he may have been a foreign general but he was with honour. :tup:
his military status was restored later after fall of regime.....he was sent to exile but he returned to portugal in 1974 with respect......he later visited goa too....

OK so be it, I am not out to give you a history lesson, and don't think the Pakistani soldiers were out to protect the Bengali's - going by the mass massacres of millions and the rapes they conducted on them and the millions of bengali refugees that fled to India. Again go through some neutral literature - doesn't harm one to increase one's knowledge beyond the scope of Pakistan's own history books.

the o levels history books are written by neutral people .. (but leave this)
massacres of millions..is it even possible or we were even having a atomic bomb at that time.... -__- ... of course not
rapes were usually proven mre of a blames even if there were they simply mukti bahini cases and their allies blaming
refugees did went to india cuz there was a huge chaos and fighting between our army and the bengalis(mukti bahini)

and againthe soldiers surrendered cuz they realized that they are protecting nobody so what was the reason of fighting a war so they decided to surrender so its an ok decision

i think i have made a point clear.. i am not saying you are WRONG as fighting was their thus to stop the rebellions massacres were there...

so lets try not to destroy the thread and leave this topic instead of turning it into a 1971 talk war :P

You can imagine that they were indeed slaves under many nations....

Oh we got independence from british n portugese n french so we were slaves by that means pakistan got freedom from indians so u ppl were the slaves of the hindus?

Funny thing is, we were ruled under British for 100 years whereas India was rulled for more than 200 years... Similarly, the Mughol empire was much more resisted in mordern day Pakistan and India dissapointingly was whitewashed

Leave your 'reckoning force' aside as past cannot be changed. For the rest of your post this also includes your country, linked to global terorrism.

O God! see what madarsa has done to this poor, illiterate, English speaking guy.

Back
Top Bottom