What's new

When Urdu was the dominant language in Afghanistan

We can have Arabic in schools in addition to Urdu and English and Persian in College as it is really easy. However, the regional languages should also be taught at schools so that the native culture also stays alive.

We can have Arabic in schools in addition to Urdu and English and Persian in College as it is really easy. However, the regional languages should also be taught at schools so that the native culture also stays alive.
Arabic shouldn't be promoted, it's just a weak attempt at trying to suck off the Arabs

I wouldn't mind Persian maybe

Alternative was to end up like Afghanistan ......
The fact that he said Punjabi as national language I find this guy suspicious already

Even the Punjabis probably wouldn't say that

The fact that he said Punjabi as national language I find this guy suspicious already

Even the Punjabis probably wouldn't say that

Punjabis are the biggest supporters and adopters of Urdu in Pakistan. This guy is definitely an outlier.

From large cities to small towns, Punjabi parents have been actively replacing Punjabi with Urdu and as such if an unbiased census is carried out then a majority of Punjabis (and therefore Pakistanis) would call Urdu their mother tongue.

As a Punjabi, I am proud of the fact that Punjab has played this part in adaption of the national language. This new-age BS propaganda trying to awake this non-existent "Punjabiyat" in us is not going to work. We are Pakistanis first and then anything else.

Edit: just to add more salt to wounds of ethno-nationalists and some out of touch fellow countrymen.. the generations of Punjabis, Pushtoons and Kashmiris that grew up in urban areas in Pakistan is virtually indistinguishable. Their identity is Pakistan first and they fiercely defend it. Their language in offices, markets, schools is Urdu mainly, mixed with some English words. An identity has evolved which will continue to strengthen and this identity will ultimately truly define what a Pakistani is.

Punjabis are the biggest supporters and adopters of Urdu in Pakistan. This guy is definitely an outlier.

From large cities to small towns, Punjabi parents have been actively replacing Punjabi with Urdu and as such if an unbiased census is carried out then a majority of Punjabis (and therefore Pakistanis) would call Urdu their mother tongue.

As a Punjabi, I am proud of the fact that Punjab has played this part in adaption of the national language. This new-age BS propaganda trying to awake this non-existent "Punjabiyat" in us is not going to work. We are Pakistanis first and then anything else.
A- no, no where except for some parts of Lahore has this change taken place
So from that insular place it looks like everyone is doing the same thing, but vast vast majority of people do not share your experience
B- @M. Sarmad, @Great Janjua, @SecularNationalist this is the mindset of some urban upper middle class that absolutely disgusts me to my core
I'll let y'all see and if you don't feel something anger, sadness in your heart, I'll be surprised

A- no, no where except for some parts of Lahore has this change taken place
So from that insular place it looks like everyone is doing the same thing, but vast vast majority of people do not share your experience
B- @M. Sarmad, @Great Janjua this is the mindset that absolutely disgusts me to my core
I'll let y'all see and if you don't feel something anger, sadness in your heart, I'll be surprised

@Sainthood 101 what is wrong with Urdu? We need a national language why is this an issue?

Where did we sign up to end our languages? See the bolded part
Yeah thats fine but don't propagate againt Urdu that's a line you don't need to cross. Everyone can promote their own languages without saying anything agaisnt Urdu please.

At the end of the day people can speak whatever they want to. No need to make issues over everything

@waz @Irfan Baloch @WebMaster please check this thread , turning into pointless discussion

Yeah thats fine but don't propagate againt Urdu that's a line you don't need to cross. Everyone can promote their own languages without saying anything agaisnt Urdu please.

At the end of the day people can speak whatever they want to. No need to make issues over everything

@waz @Irfan Baloch @WebMaster please check this thread , turning into pointless discussion
Who is saying anything against Urdu?,
Point me where I said anything against Urdu

Dari? Nobody speaks that language except Afgans. Arabic and Persian are both beautiful and rich languages as compared to ripoff like Urdu.
Great mixture. Persian will make people sound they are drunk, while Arabic, will make them sound like they are about to fight.

So now whole world will perceive Pakistanis to be angry drunks.

I am sorry, but the time you've mentioned is when Urdu wasn't even popular in Peshawar neither Pashto. It was Persian all over. The article is written on bases of fiction.
must be the first version of current version of khomeni teaching everyone persian all over Asia?

Idk about you lot but F**k learning another language. I'm happy with Urdu as the national language.

Most people know it, its similar to my mother tongue and for talking to foreigners, English does the trick.
Idk why you all have such insecurities.

It's ridiculous to think we ought to adapt Persian or Arabic. We're not in the 16th century anymore.

If you want your kids to succeed teach them programming languages.

Who is saying anything against Urdu?,
Point me where I said anything against Urdu
I'm not saying you are bhai but if someone says they want to speak Urdu only that's fine, if someone want to only speak their mother tongue that's fine, what's the issue?

Even Afghans can speak Urdu so it can end up becoming a common langauage in this area potentially in next few decades

Idk about you lot but F**k learning another language. I'm happy with Urdu as the national language.

Most people know it, its similar to my mother tongue and for talking to foreigners, English does the trick.
Idk why you all have such insecurities.

It's ridiculous to think we ought to adapt Persian or Arabic. We're not in the 16th century anymore.

If you want your kids to succeed teach them programming languages.
I'll tell you what is ridiculous, we are even talking about this , it a non issue

Urdu developed in the 12th century CE from the regional Apabhramsha of northwestern India, serving as a linguistic modus vivendi after the Muslim conquest.

Urdu is the language of Muslim conquers and their army. Born out of necessity so people from vast empire can communicate. So regardless of country or region. Urdu will be the dominant language. Let suppose if King like Emir Tamir happed to reconquer India to Anatolia and everything in between again, Persian or Arabic can be regional language but for unity sake Urdu will be the dominant language of the State.

Back
Top Bottom