What's new

When Urdu was the dominant language in Afghanistan

It's the urge to be posher sadly, our urban population is looking to break the cultural heritage and move towards western settings. It is sad but what can you do except stare at these fools from a sideline. Our society is going down the hill. Just take a look at our Unis and colleges. The damage has been done.

It started in the backstreets of Old Delhi

Jitni dyr khulaasa ty markazi khiyal pakanay itch lagdi utnay wayaly ich banda cycle sikh sakda .

@Sainthood 101 "sakda" autocorrect lagee k salad bn gya c :D

Anyone dares to disagree will be sent to punishment by elephant.

View attachment 815555

Inqilab zindabad:pdf:

Bahut difficult ha

Abandon Urdu from the syllabus , add a portion of Arabic grammar lessons in Islamiyat from k.g like english and make it cumpulsory till 10th standard . This way no new book shall be added to the 10 kilo ka da Basta . Those who could read Arabic may very well read all languages written in nastaliq script and can comprehend the meanings of Urdu vocabulary from memory, experience, t.v e.t.c

In the "Divan-ı Lügat'it-Türk", Ordu means, Hakan's(Khan's) homeland, and enlisting. Its common usage in Turkish languages are used in the meanings of 'all the armed forces of the state', 'each of the main parts of this force', 'the whole of people who are similar in terms of purpose and quality'. It has common meanings from the Xinjiang to the adriatic. In Turkiye Turkish, we write Turkish Army as 'Türk Ordusu'.

Correct.

The raw Urdu once stripped off the cosmetics, is a propaganda tool of military precision and proportion. One could easily imagine her formation through needs of the battlefield of distant and alike tribes bound by a purpose and intent.

The language played an intrinsic part in overthrow of Persian aristocracy by Turkic bureaucracy in lands beyond permanent encampment.

And what language should the national language be then?

Arabic would just be sucking off the Arabs, hopefully that never ever happens. The language should have links with Pakistan somehow.

It's too late changing the national language now anyway
i started a poll for second language some time back..most votes for arabic followed by some for english..
I think Arabic will win hands down if left to public.

i started a poll for second language some time back..most votes for arabic followed by some for english..
I think Arabic will win hands down if left to public.
Partially stupid idea, too much Arab cock sucking

There is no academic evidence to support this theory.
Sumerian language is based on adfixed words. For example, Lu means Man and Gal means Big, and so Lu-gal means King. Similarly, Ur-du is the historical beginning of Urdu relevant to me (the first Sumerians may have originated in the Black Sea area [Nuh's flood]). I know about Urdu in Turkic but we don't pronounce it the way Turks pronounce it. We say Urdu, they say Ordu.

Last edited:
Partially stupid idea, too much Arab cock sucking
The script used in Urdu and Persian is originally the arabic nastaliq script.

We cant avoid regional influences.. What matters is owning Urdu as our own language and not have enemy take its ownership.

A model curriculum would offer Arabic, Persian/dari and even uyghur as optional languages and similarly Urdu should be offered in middleast and central Asia as languages that can be learnt.. That's how we can get the much needed connectivity and people to people relations.

Last edited:
Though the title of the thread is a bit misleading, the content is great.

But what is really bonkers is the discussion that has devolved to comic levels.

Guys, Urdu really was dominant in Punjab & all educated Punjabis knew it & spoke it from late 19th century onwards. If Afghan elites could or did speak Urdu, I would not be surprised but actually expect it. Somebody said Urdu was not spoken in Peshawar & I do not know how that becomes relevant in context? Also both the people saying that Urdu should be abandoned in favor or Arabic, and those who think that Pakistanis have (or should) completely coalesced around Urdu usage, are both wrong. Arabic has no roots in Pakistan and Urdu can not & should not replace regional languages for sake of misguided ultra nationalism. I wish you guys took a minute to think about what you don't know rather than give an opinion just like that.

Urdu can not be a matter of either-or binary thinking. That simply defeats the purpose of having / adopting Urdu in the first place.

Last edited:
Though the title of the thread is a bit misleading, the content is great.

But what is really bonkers is the discussion that has devolved to comic levels.

Guys, Urdu really was dominant in Punjab & all educated Punjabis knew it & spoke it from late 19th century onwards. If Afghan elites could or did speak Urdu, I would not be surprised but actually expect it. Somebody said Urdu was not spoken in Peshawar & I do not know how that becomes relevant in context? Also both the people saying that Urdu should be abandoned in favor or Arabic, and those who think that Pakistanis have (or should) completely coalesced around Urdu usage, are both wrong. Arabic has no roots in Pakistan and Urdu can not & should not replace regional languages for sake of misguided ultra nationalism. I wish you guys took a minute to thing about what you don't know rather than give an opinion just like that.

Urdu can not be a matter of either-or binary thinking. That simply defeats the purpose of having / adopting Urdu in the first place.
The best and comprehensive post of this thread, you're alright outside of PMLn threads...
A- we don't want Arabic as there's no historical link to it
B- dumb ultra nationalism should not be used as an excuse to destroy regional languages, it's wrong on so many levels and one certainly shouldn't be "proud" of it
C- We as a nation have invested too much in Urdu to even think about something else
D- because of British historically atleast in urban areas most of Pakistan have had some sort of relationship with Urdu, some areas more so than others

Punjabis are the biggest supporters and adopters of Urdu in Pakistan. This guy is definitely an outlier.

From large cities to small towns, Punjabi parents have been actively replacing Punjabi with Urdu and as such if an unbiased census is carried out then a majority of Punjabis (and therefore Pakistanis) would call Urdu their mother tongue.

As a Punjabi, I am proud of the fact that Punjab has played this part in adaption of the national language. This new-age BS propaganda trying to awake this non-existent "Punjabiyat" in us is not going to work. We are Pakistanis first and then anything else.

Edit: just to add more salt to wounds of ethno-nationalists and some out of touch fellow countrymen.. the generations of Punjabis, Pushtoons and Kashmiris that grew up in urban areas in Pakistan is virtually indistinguishable. Their identity is Pakistan first and they fiercely defend it. Their language in offices, markets, schools is Urdu mainly, mixed with some English words. An identity has evolved which will continue to strengthen and this identity will ultimately truly define what a Pakistani is.
Punjabis in their hatred of Karachites/urdu are forgetting that Punjabis owned Urdu long before Urdu speaking immigrants arrived from India.

Secondly, linguistically urdu and punjabi are on the same branch very similar and the Punjabi spoken in Pakistan has the same basic vocab as urdu, same syntax and sentence structure. It's not an alien language and both can be seen as a dialect of each other. If anything it's all due to the fact that the backing of Urdu by Punjabis is sole reason why Pakistanis are not speaking Bengali today, a language all too unfamiliar and alien to all ethnicities in West Pakistan.

Despite all of this and me being a native urdu speaker, I still believe we should have gone with either Arabic for Farsi at the time of partition. Our destination would have been closely linked to and our outlook more in line with West Asia, instead of the third world cesspool of South Asia.

This whole discussion is pointless, a lot of could've, would've should've. Whatever happened was for the best time to move on. We have much bigger problems to worry about

Inappropriate Language
….

Last edited by a moderator:
And we must have been sucking Hindu cock for keeping their Hindi alive in Pakistan for the past 75 years.
you-bastard-bitch.gif

Back
Top Bottom