What's new

Which country do Indian think you shall get closer tie with?

which country you prefer to make better friendship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Setting aside the territorial disputes, which are quite common between different countries, the Pak-India relationship has a psychological component which affects all dealings.

British India was separated into modern India and Pakistan at the behest of Pakistani nationalists. One group in India believes that the separate entities can coexist and share much in common. The other group believes that India must outstrip Pakistan (more than any other country on earth) in every sphere. This aim is shared both by people who believe partition was a mistake (to "show up" the 1947 separatists) as well as those who believe it was a blessing (to show what India can do without that extra "baggage").

It's a bit like two siblings, or two ex band members, feuding.
From an outsider's perspective....exactly what it looks like. You know, when I see Non-mongoloid Asian at our university....hard to tell them apart....it takes awhile....plus clues (what are they eating etc.)

We must maintain and boost ties with Russia, Japan and US.

dude,dont think wrong about me. literally you are the most senior troller since decades.

images
You never troll?

@wanglaokan

allow me to give long but honest answer.

the common person of india has no qualm with china, infact hearts of heart see it as a bigger brother. we look up to economic reform and policy of deng despite your cold war alliance with nixon. admire and respect independent standpoint of china today but at same time wary of limited border war so we build up defensive measure in case (but no territory ambition in reality, only flared rhetoric for political purpose). honestly, many are discontented as india could not achieve what china has done with four fold economic progress than us, but it is no hard feeling.. only want to learn and try to emulate. it's the failure/mismanagement by our political class.

here on forum some indian may make fun of made in china and some chinese member maybe laugh at indian as low iq or dark skin, but in real life the only people who help indian in my experience are the east asian and east european. even meet for first time at work or college they help whereas others tend to ignore on first impression. other civilizations get little mention in our vedic texts but chin (qin) is written as great people with rich culture across the mountains.

there are some indian with inferiority complex and so try to whitewash our colonial past or cold war enmity with america/west, and try to adopt their culture and forget our culture because of brainwash. you can see other asian countries experience this also. but there is a strong constituency for closer ties with china and russia, and to remain apprehensive of the west which always backstabbed us. now with this incident hopefully it will become more clear for the braindead sheep.

RIC (Russia, China and India) Trilateral is what nato fears most and always try to sabotage it by infiltrating and buying off our corrupt politicians. but we boot them out soon, dont worry. they already start trumpeting about modi human right before he elected, just like they did with putin and uncle Hu. but if he come in power you will see new dawn in China relations with India. He is right wing so would settle border dispute without much opposition (such as accept present ground positions as border- you keep aksai chin, we keep arunachal). Also would persuade tibetans to accept as part of china as this is only solution in long term (middle path).

We are part of Asiatic realm, and always have been. we are not arab/muslamic/middle east like pakistan or afghanistan. Slowly we will realize where our geographic realities and future is, but until then you will have to be tolerant of some foolish politician on our side.
bullshit, both askai chin and arunanchal are integral part of India and china is not our big brother

You never troll?
To state the obvious...I like to troll on occasion. But at least here I feel it does some good here and there. It shows how we all have the same psychosis....and helps to show what the nutty younger crowd really think. Liberal do-gooders have their place...but this shows you the people you are really dealing with. And seriously...look at the troll post....we all think soooo much alike.

India is a great country who refuse to let USA station army on its land to show a determination for being independant. Without the instigation and verbal promise from USA and Soviet Union, how Nehru made his mind to push foward policy against CHina?? Every leader has his aspiration to expand, but Nehru was cheated by those bada$$, it leads to the pathetic relationship between China and India in the last 60 years. I always looking foward to a better relationship with India, as some Chinese members here deems me as treason.

A fine relationship with India is extremely important cause we are firendly nation in the last thousand years. 1962 was just a glitch, just let it go. Even brothers fight for interest some time, so as India and Pakistan.

:tup: Same with me, I support you on relationship with India anyway. They are too afraid of being looked down by westerners, but when with Indian, they show little respect. Even trolling has limit, they just went too far.

Well I maybe not too familiar with that history, Nehru was friendly to China especially during WW2, right? He gave much support to China. Chinese historians give good appreciation to him. But I think it could be just only one of those reason that Nehru was cheated by them. They used “Big Indian union” to ignite Nehru's desire to expand. As a leader, Nehru himself wanted to be remembered by history, but he made mistake.

bullshit, both askai chin and arunanchal are integral part of India and china is not our big brother
Wow! looks who is on the avatar! Mr Hitler the dead.

To state the obvious...I like to troll on occasion. But at least here I feel it does some good here and there. It shows how we all have the same psychosis....and helps to show what the nutty younger crowd really think. Liberal do-gooders have their place...but this shows you the people you are really dealing with. And seriously...look at the troll post....we all think soooo much alike.
trolling too much will make one seems retarded, until now trolling is more than enough.

Setting aside the territorial disputes, which are quite common between different countries, the Pak-India relationship has a psychological component which affects all dealings.

British India was separated into modern India and Pakistan at the behest of Pakistani nationalists. One group in India believes that the separate entities can coexist and share much in common. The other group believes that India must outstrip Pakistan (more than any other country on earth) in every sphere. This aim is shared both by people who believe partition was a mistake (to "show up" the 1947 separatists) as well as those who believe it was a blessing (to show what India can do without that extra "baggage").

It's a bit like two siblings, or two ex band members, feuding.

I see a desire for competition with each other in India and Pakistan.

The aim should be absolute economic progress (and not relative to each other).

If Pakistan is a 2 trillion economy with GDP per capita in top 20 countries, then it should be cheered in absolute sense. (now at this time the question of what is Indian GDP and per capita should not come to the mind). Similarly for India.

The progress of each nation should be compared with the overall standing in the world and not with each other.

On the front of whether the goal is to outstrip Pakistan. Its wrong. The goal is to outstrip China and then US. Now while doing so if Pakistan is outstripped then its not because India wants to show the separatists or to prove what India can do without baggage.

Now when India is going ahead, its the separatists which are feeling the heat. The separatists had shown the vision that a separate country would be many times ahead of undivided country. If the reality becomes different (India starts going ahead and comparable to China or in future goes ahead of China or US and so in process goes ahead of Pakistan), then the separatists are affected and have to explain themselves how this is possible.

Its not the non separatists which have a agenda (as they never claimed anything in beginning).

Its the separatists which made claims to begin with, and it is them for whom it is a matter of urgency that what they initially thought is proved right. For them its only relative, they do not see absolute progress.

But there in lies the solution, the change in mind and non comparison of Pakistan with India and India with Pakistan. The whole world is much ahead of India or Pakistan. We are almost at the bottom. (but still people only see who is ahead between India and Pakistan). So instead of seeing with respect to each other, people should see where their country stand with respect to the world.

Instead of seeing in which areas Pakistan/India is ahead of India/Pakistan, it would be much better if people see in which regions the world (Singapore, China, Japan, Korea, Russia, Germany, france, Brazil, Italy) is ahead of Pakistan/India.

Last edited:
:tup: Same with me, I support you on relationship with India anyway. They are too afraid of being looked down by westerners, but when with Indian, they show little respect. Even trolling has limit, they just went too far.

Well I maybe not too familiar with that history, Nehru was friendly to China especially during WW2, right? He gave much support to China. Chinese historians give good appreciation to him. But I think it could be just only one of those reason that Nehru was cheated by them. They used “Big Indian union” to ignite Nehru's desire to expand. As a leader, Nehru himself wanted to be remembered by history, but he made mistake.
Everyone made mistakes, even great leader. Mao made mistakes as well just like Nehru.

I think this one is the best thread i post in this forum until now. No trolling in this thread please.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom