What's new

Which sect of Islam is this. Very disturbing!!!

PakistaniPatriot

Reaction score
Asalam Alaikum everyone. Which sect of Islam is this. I would like to know where in Pakistan to these people live and what is their belief. I doubt that these are Sufi's. InshAllah the true Islam will rise soon. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
Allah Hafiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's so disturbing about this? And what are you trying to prove here?

These people are obviously engaged in a Zikr, and are venting their kaifiyat , as many people on the path of mysticism and spiritualism are wont to. It might look weird to you, even me, but maybe some of your actions may bewilder them.

At least they are not toting guns and operating child suicide bomber nursuries.

Give them a break!

P.s. I'm not a sufi myself, but I will defend their right to practice their faith, the way they wish. And the naatkhwaan has a great voice.

Below is footage of Sufi method and ritual dances/worship.

This video shows Sufi traditional ritual dances conveying their worship.

edit: please stop declaring people 'deviants'.

I believe this is not dance, its trance.

Trance (definition from answers.com)
1. A hypnotic, cataleptic, or ecstatic state.
2. Detachment from one's physical surroundings, as in contemplation or daydreaming.
3. A semiconscious state, as between sleeping and waking; a daze.

If it truly is trance, then you can't really blame them because they are unaware of their actions, it is just the physical reaction to their semiconscious mental state. If it isn't trance, well then, there's a whole new argument to be had and I'm no Islamic scholar.

Asalam Alaikum. I guess you guys are right but still please keep this going, I want to hear more. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
Allah Hafiz.

I believe this is not dance, its trance.

Trance (definition from answers.com)
1. A hypnotic, cataleptic, or ecstatic state.
2. Detachment from one's physical surroundings, as in contemplation or daydreaming.
3. A semiconscious state, as between sleeping and waking; a daze.

If it truly is trance, then you can't really blame them because they are unaware of their actions, it is just the physical reaction to their semiconscious mental state. If it isn't trance, well then, there's a whole new argument to be had and I'm no Islamic scholar.
#1 Dance is not forbidden anywhere in the Quran
#2 This is not a dance, but a as PAFAce explained up there, its a trance.
#3 These sort of practices were not exactly an invention, but a rebellion. A rebellion against the lies permeated by most of us "regular Muslims" that Music and its derivatives are forbidden in Islam. Nowhere in the Quran it says so.

Those are the real inventions, where we have invented restrictions in Islam to give political power to a few Mullahs.

Hey, how come they are using our Christmas lights? I didn't think Muslims put up Christmas lights in their mosques? But, enjoy! :enjoy:

What's so disturbing about this? And what are you trying to prove here?

These people are obviously engaged in a Zikr, and are venting their kaifiyat , as many people on the path of mysticism and spiritualism are wont to. It might look weird to you, even me, but maybe some of your actions may bewilder them.

At least they are not toting guns and operating child suicide bomber nursuries.

Give them a break!

P.s. I'm not a sufi myself, but I will defend their right to practice their faith, the way they wish. And the naatkhwaan has a great voice.
I personally disagree with Sufis as they contribute to the Muslim trend of not pursuing serious careers, education and advancement in the world. They would prefer to banish themselves in Mountains and their mysticism denouncing the real world.

Of course there are levels of Sufism and everything is good in moderation.

I personally disagree with Sufis as they contribute to the Muslim trend of not pursuing serious careers, education and advancement in the world. They would prefer to banish themselves in Mountains and their mysticism denouncing the real world.

Then how do they support themselves economically? Who pays for their room and board?

Just a quick question, are Sufi's known to take psychedelic or uplifting plants for their rituals and worship?

Then how do they support themselves economically? Who pays for their room and board?
Some of them renounce all worldly things. People go to these areas where these "baba" (a universal title of respect) type people sit and drop them some food to eat. As I said they don't have anything. They live off what's given to them. This condition, is my main objection with them. It contributes to the idea Muslims already have that the good way of life is to renounce everything.

This is the extreme Sufism. Most of them go about their normal lives and dedicate a few weeks to the extreme lifestyle in the company of these babas.

Read the "Bass Kareen Oh yaar" thread I posted in the Members club section. Their real purpose was rebellion. Since the Quran really doesn't forbid Music, back in the day the monarchs often influenced Muslim Scholars to add in restrictions of Music within the Muslim culture. These even added restriction on Music within the Quran by using those "explanations" within the Parenthesis you'd so often see in the Quran.

In that thread I've talked about one example of a Sufi poet, Baba Bulley Shah, where some Mughal regimes (not all, most of them promoted arts) got the same idea since artistic and musical people would often write satirical poetry in their songs and often criticized the ruling monarchy. Such people were really persecuted at one point in our history.

Just a quick question, are Sufi's known to take psychedelic or uplifting plants for their rituals and worship?
I don't think so. They would say their state of trance has something to do with divine intervention.

I remember talking to the modern day Sufi Rockstar, Salman Ahmed, who is more about the rebellion than the renouncement... He commented on the Mullahs something like, I'm paraphrasing here:

The problem Mullahs have with Music is that their waaz is overshadowed by my one rock concert of thousands of people where I too give the same message singing Allah Hu. I believe his words were "The Mullah has lost his gig!"

This is Allah Hu with his band Junoon, performing in Central Park in a time when thousands of Pakistanis congregating and going wild was not a issue in America. Salman Ahmed is the guitarist.

PBS picked him up for a documentar, the Rockstar and the Mullahs.

Back
Top Bottom