What's new

Which sect of Islam is this. Very disturbing!!!

I think the word a few were looking for was not Shirk (association of another god with God or idolatry) but Bid'ah (innovations in religion).

Bid?ah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assalam O Alaikum
There are two types of Bidah. Good and Bad. Good will bring prosperity and bad will bring destruction. One has to look if a Bidah doesn’t contradict with Shariyah. If it’s not then it’s ok to practice such bidah. I would like to recommend this book “Bazma-e- Auliya” by Allama Badrul-Qadri, Holland. Must read it if anyone wants to find out about sufisim and its practice. It’s immense my knowledge, hopefully it would be a help to others too.

We all Should Banned Salman Ahmed Watever He Said About Islam

Last edited by a moderator:
#1 The 'sexy' adjective was used by his his politically powerful aunt in the US. Her intentions however were of praising the Quran, but since you know how some Muslims in the US are sort of always using inappropriate words... Anyway, if you watch the full documentary, he sort of criticizes his aunt all throughout the documentary.

Moreover, this has nothing to do with the question of sufiism being discussed here...

No one is doubting the devotions of muslims upon the path of Tareeqat or Sufism.

However, there are some, including myself, who have issues with some of their methodologies and belief systems.

Although I do not condemn, I reserve the right to disagree with concepts such as Wahdatul-Wujud/Shuhood, FanaFillah Baqa Billah, Fana FisShaikh, Qutb and Aqtaab, Majazeeb, among others.

Yes, I am Sunni myself and don't like everything but calling this shirk is dumb.

I see no problem in this video, as a open follower of the SUFI method way of life i have seen such practices in Turkey and Morroco of all places. So i see no real problem with this.

BTW, who the hell are we to certify who is and who is not a real muslim. Let's get real and focus on our own bunch of throat cutting, woman bashing, child killing, school destroying, book burning armed thug's rather then point and make fun of other cultures.

Man! the way they chant "La Ilaha Illallah" in that video, its so catchy! I've seen the video 3 times in two days! Bid'ah or not, it's certainly good watching.

As for who is in the majority and who isn't, that is a childish debate, since numbers do not mean everything, and most people outside of Indo/Pak have not even heard of Deoband(Devi vandan) Sharanpur and Rai Bareilly.

Bro, i think its important to let people know that the sufi way is what dominates the islamic world and that the saudi way is the minority.
Your point about nodody knowing about Deoband-Brehlvi other then people in Pak-India is not really a point......do people outside Pak-India know about zikar-milad ect.....off course they do and that is what they follow which happens to be the same as the Pak-India muslims.

Chechen zikar

Iraqi zikar

Turkish zikar

Cyprus zikar

I think the above video give a idea what the muslims do around the world......the only places you dont really get zikar is saudi and its followers.

I have read a few books about Sufism and also against the Sufi way. Thirteenth century saw two great scholars in the Islam world. One Sh. Ibne Al Arabi (d 1240 in Damascus) and the other Sh. Ibne Taimiya (d 1328) also from Syria. Both had brilliant mind but were poles apart in their views.

There were Sufis before Ibne Arabi (Hazrat Owais Qarni and Khawaja Hassan Basri etc) but it was Ibne Arabi who formalized the concepts of Whadat ul Wujud, Wahadatal Shahood and Fana Fillah. There is no doubt that many of these concepts did not exist in early Islam and seem to have crept in with the whole sale conversion of Iran, origin of these concept could be from old India. (Mr. SH Rizvi has written some excellent articles on Sufism).

Ibne Taimyia on the other hand belonged to the Hanbally School which believes in literal interpretation of Quran and Sunnah. He was against any thing not practiced by Salaf (early Muslims) such as Divine Names and Attributes (Hence absence of ‘Zikr’) and also against “Taqleed” of the Islamic jurists. Ibne Taimiyia view was that there is no need to go thru intermediaries such as saints and pirs, thus he was against visiting the tombs and likened the practice to shirk.

I am not an Islamic scholar but I have an innate desire to read. Since both Ibne Arabi and Ibne Taimiyia were ordinary mortals, there is possibility that both could be partially right and partially wrong. My personal view is some way in between. I find it hard to fully understand the concept of wahdatal wujud or unity of being. It is possible that this concept has seeds in the ‘nirvana’ of Buddhism. Nevertheless I don’t see any “Shirk” in it. IMO Sufism is based upon extreme love of Allah besides; no saint ever said that in addition to love of Allah, one should not follow normal Sharia.

I also find it difficult to accept literal interpretation of Quran and Sunnah as with Salafin such as Hand and Face of Allah. Additionally the Asha’ari school, the most prevalent form Islam among the Sufis was refuted by Ibne Taimiya.

I am however partial towards Sufis because no Sufi ever forced his views on any of his followers or insisted on an attendance register of the residents at the local mosque as practiced by Salafin. Instead they led by the personal example. As for Bid’a or novation, I quote a verse by the famous poet Hafiz Shirazi.

Sahv o khatai bandeh agar neest aitbaar
Maani afv o rehmatey Parwardigaar cheest?

Meaning if one couldn’t rely on humans to forget and to err, what is the need for forgiveness and kindness of the Almighty? I therefore see no Shirk in the video.

I have read a few books about Sufism and also against the Sufi way. Thirteenth century saw two great scholars in the Islam world. One Sh. Ibne Al Arabi (d 1240 in Damascus) and the other Sh. Ibne Taimiya (d 1328) also from Syria. Both had brilliant mind but were poles apart in their views.

There were Sufis before Ibne Arabi (Hazrat Owais Qarni and Khawaja Hassan Basri etc) but it was Ibne Arabi who formalized the concepts of Whadat ul Wujud, Wahadatal Shahood and Fana Fillah. There is no doubt that many of these concepts did not exist in early Islam and seem to have crept in with the whole sale conversion of Iran, origin of these concept could be from old India. (Mr. SH Rizvi has written some excellent articles on Sufism).

Ibne Taimyia on the other hand belonged to the Hanbally School which believes in literal interpretation of Quran and Sunnah. He was against any thing not practiced by Salaf (early Muslims) such as Divine Names and Attributes (Hence absence of ‘Zikr’) and also against “Taqleed” of the Islamic jurists. Ibne Taimiyia view was that there is no need to go thru intermediaries such as saints and pirs, thus he was against visiting the tombs and likened the practice to shirk.

I am not an Islamic scholar but I have an innate desire to read. Since both Ibne Arabi and Ibne Taimiyia were ordinary mortals, there is possibility that both could be partially right and partially wrong. My personal view is some way in between. I find it hard to fully understand the concept of wahdatal wujud or unity of being. It is possible that this concept has seeds in the ‘nirvana’ of Buddhism. Nevertheless I don’t see any “Shirk” in it. IMO Sufism is based upon extreme love of Allah besides; no saint ever said that in addition to love of Allah, one should not follow normal Sharia.

I also find it difficult to accept literal interpretation of Quran and Sunnah as with Salafin such as Hand and Face of Allah. Additionally the Asha’ari school, the most prevalent form Islam among the Sufis was refuted by Ibne Taimiya.

I am however partial towards Sufis because no Sufi ever forced his views on any of his followers or insisted on an attendance register of the residents at the local mosque as practiced by Salafin. Instead they led by the personal example. As for Bid’a or novation, I quote a verse by the famous poet Hafiz Shirazi.

Sahv o khatai bandeh agar neest aitbaar
Maani afv o rehmatey Parwardigaar cheest?

Meaning if one couldn’t rely on humans to forget and to err, what is the need for forgiveness and kindness of the Almighty? I therefore see no Shirk in the video.

Nice post:victory:

The only point i would like to go into a bit deeper is the "Bid’a or innovation" point.....just a few examples.

The prophet pbuh did not read tharbia during ramzaan it was added later by one of the rightly guided calipha......is that not Bid’a or innovation?

The prophet pbuh could not read......so he never read the koran in the book format which was put together later after the prophets death......so in essence by reading the book format of the koran is Bid’a as the prohet pbuh never did it.

Ok so the obvious question... Is it really divine intervention that throws them into this trance or just hormones running wild in a group activity?

Any of you guys been through it? Share your experience...

here is some of the sufi explained but there are some word noted could be ify, such as saying that all good and bad comes from God, In my humble opinion bad comes from one's bad deeds, however it can be fixed by praying to Allah for his forgiveness and the badness that fall upon one due to his own doing. God is always close to you only you need to walk the right path to find him meaning that he will help you if you be of clear conscious, devoted and be worshing him in the manner that he has shown you through his messengers.

Tenants of Sufism

The basic Sufi tenants are slightly different from order to order with some variations, additions and/or subtractions, but generally they include the following.
• There is only one God, and that God possesses everything. In some orders God is everything and nothing; all that we can perceive and all that we cannot.

• Since God is in your Heart, God is always very close even when humanity is very far from God. Some Sufis believe that since God is in all of us. To truly love God we must love every human and every component of creation, which are considered to be aspects of God.

• There are four Holy Scriptures including the Torah, the Psalms of David, the Gospels of Jesus and the Qu'ran (this is aligned with Islam so it may differ in some orders). There are also hundreds of other works revealed by prophets including books by Sufi saints.

• Nothing happens without God’s will, and Human will is very critical, but it exists within the context of Divine will.

• Because of God’s will, all things, good and bad, are from God.

• Life as we know it is an illusion, and the true life revealed when we reach in the hereafter. Some orders go as far as to describe this process of reality beyond illusion as reincarnation, which is a distinct departure from mainstream Islam.

The Sufi Way

The Sufi Way consists of four stages. The first stage involves learning the morality and ethics of all religion, which is accomplished by studying Islam. Non-Islamic Sufis rely on other religions or the writings of Sufi saints to establish the foundation of morals and ethics. The second stage is the path of Sufism, which is a focus on internal practices in the same way that Islam offers the external practices of law and worship. The first two stages are accomplished through practice and imitation, basically surrendering blindly to rituals. The third stage is where the aspirant begins to understand the meaning behind the teaching and practices, experiencing God within and the mystical states of Sufism. The fourth stage is ma'rifah or gnosis. This is where the knowledge of God is realized and is only achieved by prophets, great masters and saints. The goal of following the Sufi way (or to be devoted to any other religion) is not to become a saint, but rather to align your life with the will of God and to do all that you can to accept and live by God’s Grace. Indeed, if your goal is to become a saint, it is all but assured that because of your own desires you will never become one.

Sufism in the West

Sufism is much more complex than this description, but each order or school has its own unique departure from the most general concept of Sufism outlined here. There are dozens of Sufi orders in the West. Many represent orders in the East and adhere to Islam. Other Western orders allow non-Muslims to study the path, although the Master is usually a teacher in the direct line that goes back to those who were ordained by Mohammad. There are also a growing number of orders with teachers that are not in that direct line and have broken with Islam altogether.

Meher Baba's teachings are non-denominational and most of his followers are not Sufi. Sufism Reioriented is a group that has embraced Meher Baba's teachings and has published some of his most important books. The organization has roots with Hazrat Inayat Khan, a Master that came to this country soon after the turn of the century. It should be said that Sufism Reoriented is not considered to be within the mainstream Islamic Sufism movement in the West. Meher Baba's teachings are intended to free Sufism so that those from other religions may embrace it. Meher Baba described all religions like rivers flowing to the ocean. Only the rivers are all dry now as the water is misdirected from the main stream, and the ocean must flood the rivers. In his meditative work Meher Baba may have re-oriented all religions towards the ocean of one God, although Sufism is the one in which he offered the most direct guidance through his writing.

No matter how it is explained, Sufism and any related movement is a spiritual force that is spreading. Jesus stated that loving God with all of your heart, soul and mind is the greatest commandment and that the second is love your neighbor as yourself. In no religion is this held to be more absolute and uncompromising than in Sufism. Every minuscule detail of Sufi doctrine, in virtually all denominations, holds these commandments to be all-important. If in your own heart, through your own beliefs, you can also embrace and live by these commandments of Christ, then your salvation and your union with God are in progress. For those that do not find the alignment and continuity in your own religion to follow these commandments, Sufism may be a place to learn more.

Sufism in your Life

Remember, to be a Sufi is to be no more than a student of a school. The Sufi way is one that is accepting (not just tolerant) of all other religions, and some orders welcome non-Muslims while encouraging continued participation in one’s own faith. For others, the extraordinary discipline and focus of Islamic life may be an essential component of a new spiritual path. Yet, to be a student is to choose your own commitment to study. Your encounter with Sufism may be no more than reading the works of Sufi Saints and the study of Sufi Philosophy to serve as simple spiritual inspiration. Whatever your circumstances, I encourage you to embrace your faith to find strength and direction in your own life. I introduce you to Sufism as a potential source of sustenance and direction along the way.

For anyone interested in mysticism, the study of Sufism is an area of riches. Mysticism in many ways provides a bridge between individual religions by exploring the experiences of personal spirituality. A good first encounter with Sufism would be through reading the works of the ancient Sufi poet Rumi, who is currently the best selling poet in this country. Certainly anyone with spiritual interests of any religion will find rewards in an exploration and further understanding of Sufism.

How do these people in Pakistan identify their sect. /religion, Sunnis, Shia or Qadiani?
They are dressed up like Arabs, but are all Pakistanis /Indians.

Back
Top Bottom