What's new

Why are conspiracy theories popular in Pakistan??

I am not aware of any conspiracy theories that are widely held as the "truth" in India.Propoganda from various quarters does exist but people tend to take a more nuanced approach to such things...

Sure there are.

ISI supports LeT.
ISI carried out Mumbai attacks.
ISI supports Taliban.
Stories about Mullah Omar and Bin Laden hiding in Pakistan.
Probably plenty more theories about ISI.

This topic has been done again and again. The general Pakistani doesn't believe in any more conspiracy theories than the general Indian. So please get off the high horse.

I think those who believe conspiracy theory in pak also believe ZH. This must be enough proof.

I repeat, ISI is THE evil reincarnate!

End the topic and lock the thread, and I will end with the words "India is the world's biggest hypocrisy".

The ISI is a part of the official Pakistan Army and hence the government.

By putting the blame on 'rogue elements' (what are 'rogue elements' anyway?) of the ISI, you're adding to the disrespect for :pakistan: that seems to be a past time for a handful of nations nowadays...

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

:disagree:

'Rogue elements' in general means those who do things without sanction of their superiors, bypassing the chain of command, so on and so forth. And also people who were formerly part of the organization but are now acting independently without official sanction.

I think those who believe conspiracy theory in pak also believe ZH. This must be enough proof.

Do you have anything to say about what I said? Something relevant?

'Rogue elements' in general means those who do things without sanction of their superiors, bypassing the chain of command, so on and so forth. And also people who were formerly part of the organization but are now acting independently without official sanction.

Yeah, I know... like, half the taliban officers are totally ISI elements!

I don't even get why I still post on threads like this any more:cheesy:

Sure there are.

ISI supports LeT.
ISI carried out Mumbai attacks.
ISI supports Taliban.
Stories about Mullah Omar and Bin Laden hiding in Pakistan.
Probably plenty more theories about ISI.

But most of these theories are held by half the world. And most of these theories are not generated by the Indian media. 90% are generated by the western media, which are just repeated worldwide. Whereas the Pakistani conspiracy theories are believed only in Pakistan (generally).

But most of these theories are held by half the world. And most of these theories are not generated by the Indian media. 90% are generated by the western media, which are just repeated worldwide. Whereas the Pakistani conspiracy theories are believed only in Pakistan (generally).

Not half the world, just parts of the west.

But again, that just means they also believe conspiracy theories. What you have to show is that Indians don't believe in conspiracy theories, not "But other people also believe in our conspiracy theories", because that doesn't negate the fact that you believe in conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories, whether believed by Pakistanis or Indians + parts of the west.

What you have to show us is that you don't also believe in conspiracy theories. It's irrelevant whether others also believe in conspiracy theories. It just means that the conspiracy theory is more popular, that's it. Doesn't make it any less a conspiracy theory.

@ SMC

Conspiracy theories are not to be believed are use to believed by our own media. If media is responsible enough I don't think any one will give damn to any such theories.

Other things are typical myth already established in the mind followed by some news relating to that. Before analyzing it, we self believe that as we know this has happen.

^ Again, what is the relevance of this to what I said?

^ Again, what is the relevance of this to what I said?

You have posted so much post that it becomes irrelvant which post you are referring too. :lol:

But I do agree with you at least in majority.

Referring to your post.

But yeah, it's obvious that Indians are in no position to lecture others on conspiracy theories. I mean for a nation where several conspiracy theories are popular, it's utterly hypocritical.

What you have to show us is that you don't also believe in conspiracy theories. It's irrelevant whether others also believe in conspiracy theories. It just means that the conspiracy theory is more popular, that's it. Doesn't make it any less a conspiracy theory.

It all depends on how you decide what is a 'conspiracy theory' and what isn't. Because, frankly speaking, there is no way we can establish the veracity of anything that happens anywhere in the world, unless it is on the same street as where we live/work.

So, we rely on the media. Various media houses have varying degrees of reputation. In India, the Hindu, Indian Express, etc. have a reputation of being unbiased and coming up with well-researched articles. While Aaj Tak and India TV do not have the same reputation.

Now, when media houses with worldwide reputation from a multitude of countries come up with a story, they are generally believed. They have a reputation of doing their research and homework thoroughly well.

You might argue that some sections of 'reliable media' are biased against Pakistan, but then, the only effect of that would be a hostile tone in the reporting, they never twist facts or give an intentionally wrong impression.

So, when I see all these media houses of repute saying basically the same thing, I tend to believe it. On the other hand, not believing it and justifying it is a conspiracy theory!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom