What's new

Why are conspiracy theories popular in Pakistan??

I guess china cleared after India Foreign Ministry asked the Chinese Ambassador. So the story was pre made while the clearance was after wards. Moreover, GB is non accessible to Media and therefore if any theory even if created can neither be called true or fake unless replied by Pak or Chinese itself.

Chinese declared after all the fuss made by Bharatis and some Americans made out of Slegg Harrison's crap report. So they refuted all these conspiracy theories produced by Indians by giving a formal statement. My question is still the same, why aren't bharatis believing in that report aren't accused of believing in conspiracy theories?
:)

All governments engage in propoganda and this was just an example on it. I don`t think this piece of news gained much traction with the Indian public...

Well it gained a lot of acceptance in the Bharati media and public. You can check the respective thread on that news too. See the behavior of bharatis on that thread.

SMC, its heartening to hear that you accept the 9/11 conspiracy theory for what it is.

You have given the defnition for a conspiracy theory but haven`t quite explained how you discriminate between a CT and the "truth"? What is, in your eyes, "credible evidence" that would change your mind on 9/11?? (going back in time doesn`t count)

I am actually quite intrigued by how many people (in fact probably the majority) have used the phrase "the truth" over the years.

When I look at the phrase "the truth", a very key important word of the phrase is the. The phrase THE truth suggests that's THE truth, the one and only truth. The ultimate truth - it's how the event happened.

However, hen most people use the phrase "the truth", what they actually mean is their version of the truth. For instance, many people call Pakistan's support of Taliban "THE truth". Well it's not THE truth, it's their version of the truth. It's what they believe the truth is. So in essence, everyone has their own version of the truth.

Now, more specifically to you point, what should the general population refer to as the truth? Well obviously as of now, some refer to 9/11 conspiracy theory as THE truth. That's wrong, because that's their version of the truth, not THE truth.

Now as far as the truth is concerned, there are a few categories of claims. Some claims are very trivial. We all accept that the truth is that 1 + 1 = 2. If someone is generally accepted true and is trivial to see, then you don't need any evidence.

What we're talking about here, though, are accusations, not trivial things. Now as far as the accusations are concerned, you have to prove someone guilty. Can't just say I believe that that person is guilty. What constitutes good evidence? Well that would depend on what law and psychologists consider good evidence. There are very specific rules set to prove someone guilty for certain crimes.

What would show me that 9/11 was not a false flag? Well legally speaking, I have to prove to you that 9/11 was false flag, not other way around. But if you ask just for curiosity, well the problem with this particular one is that we have coincidence and incompetence after coincidence after incompetence. There has never been a full investigation. I would like not to go into the details as it would divert the topic.

and what are the facts, the pure fantasy that ajmal kasab some hoe through fidh boat managed to escape into the high secure waters of india, though many would argue how he got there by fisher mans boat in the first place, ajmal kasab speaks urdu, his letter to his family accompanied many hindi words, ajmal can speak with thorough hindi dialect, the passport from terrorists were found to be pakistani, a mobile phone sim card was pakistani, ajmal lived in farid kot, though his family strangely disappeaed before eve ajmal family was to be discovered..

man i am really confused right now!

Which is the most respected news agency in Pakistan? I guess it is Dawn. It is one of first news channels to break the news about Ajmal Kasab. You guys should stop straining yourself with coming up with these theories and leave it to the experts.

But living in that bubble is gonna make you feel better, no one can help it.

SMC, just out of interest, why do you choose to believe in something that you openly acknowledge is not backed up by evidence i.e. a conspiracy theory? Is it 'cause it suits your world view?

Yes, well if you want to put it that way. But the thing is, I don't tell others that 9/11 was false flag and try to force my view down their throat. Neither do I tell other people that my version is 'the truth'. Most people believing in conspiracy theories do that.

Its been a trend i.e from long time & this is been widely practiced , i.e after every major event when culprits are never found external agents are blamed like (RAW/CIA & MOSAAD) , this medevil sily stupidness is just been spotted by masses as freedon of media isnt too old so we have recently started comunicting it will take a long time for Pakistanis to get out of this mode.

I am actually quite intrigued by how many people (in fact probably the majority) have used the phrase "the truth" over the years.

When I look at the phrase "the truth", a very key important word of the phrase is the. The phrase THE truth suggests that's THE truth, the one and only truth. The ultimate truth - it's how the event happened.

However, hen most people use the phrase "the truth", what they actually mean is their version of the truth. For instance, many people call Pakistan's support of Taliban "THE truth". Well it's not THE truth, it's their version of the truth. It's what they believe the truth is. So in essence, everyone has their own version of the truth.

Now, more specifically to you point, what should the general population refer to as the truth? Well obviously as of now, some refer to 9/11 conspiracy theory as THE truth. That's wrong, because that's their version of the truth, not THE truth.

Now as far as the truth is concerned, there are a few categories of claims. Some claims are very trivial. We all accept that the truth is that 1 + 1 = 2. If someone is generally accepted true and is trivial to see, then you don't need any evidence.

What we're talking about here, though, are accusations, not trivial things. Now as far as the accusations are concerned, you have to prove someone guilty. Can't just say I believe that that person is guilty. What constitutes good evidence? Well that would depend on what law and psychologists consider good evidence. There are very specific rules set to prove someone guilty for certain crimes.

What would show me that 9/11 was not a false flag? Well legally speaking, I have to prove to you that 9/11 was false flag, not other way around. But if you ask just for curiosity, well the problem with this particular one is that we have coincidence and incompetence after coincidence after incompetence. There has never been a full investigation. I would like not to go into the details as it would divert the topic.

Now would I be right in assuming that believing 9/11 to be an inside job would suit your particular world view, which may be why you are happy to go with the "conspiracy theory" at present, despite there being no substantive evidence to support it? 9/11 was such an unprecedented event that everyone involved was caught off guard and it is possible that there was a degree of complacency and incompetence that resulted in the attacks being successful.

Are you not going by stereotypes (Jews/America are evil and out to get Muslims etc) and putting the cart before the horse by arriving at a particular conclusion and then trying to find evidence for you version of choice in reverse? This sort of hypothesis testing may work in science but can be dangerous when applied to geopolitics,especially if entire nations start engaging in it (Ahmedinajad's comments being a case in point)..

Its been a trend i.e from long time & this is been widely practiced , i.e after every major event when culprits are never found external agents are blamed like (RAW/CIA & MOSAAD) , this medevil sily stupidness is just been spotted by masses as freedon of media isnt too old so we have recently started comunicting it will take a long time for Pakistanis to get out of this mode.

bhai indians entered into pakistan territory, and split pakistan into pieces, these bharatis through their manners and this corrupt govt who hide things just to save their seat have given pakistan to not trust them

lahore attacks happened, terrorists attacked the police men, killed them, they blew merriot hotel, did the govt investigated who were behind those attacks, app sochte ho every time some thing goes wrong is due to some militant maniac, if you dont believe that an enemy snake in the east is waiting for its change, tu ap ke baat mal lain, but ager aap is haqeqaat ko jitna jaldi samaghlo na utna behtar ho ga. even kayani is saying that he cant risk less security in eastern border, these hindus are waiting for us to get weak and trying to attack us, aur aap taliban ki rit laga rahe ho

its common sense talibans cant gain any thing by attacking cricket teams or police men, its common sense, phir who r behind those activities???

Last edited:
Sorry for the rant but its my day off and I was absolutely exasperated by the comments on what I thought was a fair verdict on Babri (Mandir/Masjid side by side etc)

Peace

Although I think Pakistanis should not care about indian verdicts concerning indian muslims, since indian muslims chose to stay with india in 1947 and they have nothing to do with Pakistan whatsover, I dont think any indian has Pakistan's best interest at heart.

Just visit your indian defence forums like bharat rakshak forum that even has a section dedicated to Pakistan. indians themselves discussing Pakistan calling for the destruction of Pakistan and murdering innocent Pakistanis, and after any bomb blast in Pakistan indians celebrate on that forum, they even celebrate when a natural disaster occurs in Pakistan, and innocent Pakistanis die.

Pakistanis already know the true face of indians, so dont pretend you have Pakistan's best interest at heart.

bhai indians entered into pakistan territory, and split pakistan into pieces, these bharatis through their manners and this corrupt govt who hide things just to save their seat have given pakistan to not trust them

lahore attacks happened, terrorists attacked the police men, killed them, they blew merriot hotel, did the govt investigated who were behind those attacks, app sochte ho every time some thing goes wrong is due to some militant maniac, if you dont believe that an enemy snake in the east is waiting for its change, tu ap ke baat mal lain, but ager aap is haqeqaat ko jitna jaldi samaghlo na utna behtar ho ga. even kayani is saying that he cant risk less security in eastern border, these hindus are waiting for us to get weak and trying to attack us, aur aap taliban ki rit laga rahe ho

its common sense talibans cant gain any thing by attacking cricket teams or police men, its common sense, phir who r behind those activities???

I use to beleive but now i dont , Pakistanis are taken for a ride and this raw /cia/ israeli conspiracy myth is busted ..... from last 20-30 years there is been atleast a 100 major incidents was there any one caught ? ... yar 30 saal main koi eik tu pakra jata was/ is any one ever caught (raw,cia,mosad guy) caught ??

I use to beleive but now i dont , Pakistanis are taken for a ride and this raw /cia/ israeli conspiracy myth is busted ..... from last 20-30 years there is been atleast a 100 major incidents was there any one caught ? ... yar 30 saal main koi eik tu pakra jata was/ is any one ever caught (raw,cia,mosad guy) caught ??

Read Woodword's (an American) new book, "Obama's Wars".

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...ined-afghan-assassins-operating-pakistan.html

Bob Woodward (born March 26, 1943) is regarded as one of America’s preeminent investigative reporters and non-fiction authors. He has worked for The Washington Post since 1971 as a reporter, and is currently an associate editor of the Post. While a young reporter for The Washington Post in 1972, Woodward was teamed up with Carl Bernstein; the two did much, but not all, of the original news reporting on the Watergate scandal that led to numerous government investigations and the eventual resignation of President Richard Nixon. Gene Roberts, former managing editor of The New York Times has called the work of Woodward and Bernstein “maybe the single greatest reporting effort of all time.”
Woodward has authored or coauthored 15 non-fiction books in the last 35 years. All 15 have been national bestsellers and 11 of them have been #1 national non-fiction bestsellers — more #1 national non-fiction bestsellers than any contemporary author. He has written multiple #1 national non-fiction bestsellers on a wide range of subjects in each of the four decades he has been active as an author, from 1974 to 2009.

Although majority of American people are good people atleast the common American person doesnt want innocent Pakistanis to be killed.

Last edited:

caught?? the bharati rajeet singh set free????, india shot a pak military by claiming it was in indian border while was infact very deep into pak border plane in the time of nawaz sharif, the raw hijacking of the indian airplane and then blaming it on ISI?? bhai saab bhul gye kia,

india settle hona hai tu madad karon kia??

Now would I be right in assuming that believing 9/11 to be an inside job would suit your particular world view, which may be why you are happy to go with the "conspiracy theory" at present, despite there being no substantive evidence to support it? 9/11 was such an unprecedented event that everyone involved was caught off guard and it is possible that there was a degree of complacency and incompetence that resulted in the attacks being successful.

Are you not going by stereotypes (Jews/America are evil and out to get Muslims etc) and putting the cart before the horse by arriving at a particular conclusion and then trying to find evidence for you version of choice in reverse? This sort of hypothesis testing may work in science but can be dangerous when applied to geopolitics,especially if entire nations start engaging in it (Ahmedinajad's comments being a case in point)..

I understand your point, but the thing is, it works both ways. Just like Indians ask for evidence when they are accused but believe conspiracy theories about Pakistan, so it goes the other way. However, the differences in my approach were outlined earlier.

Which is the most respected news agency in Pakistan? I guess it is Dawn. It is one of first news channels to break the news about Ajmal Kasab. You guys should stop straining yourself with coming up with these theories and leave it to the experts.

But living in that bubble is gonna make you feel better, no one can help it.

the same indian friends have labelled dawn in disgust as a 'pakistan media' pakistani news several times, believe what u want, deny what u want

the same news was they proved false by other 'reliable' pakistani media also, so keep this is mind too that its a controversial area of news

like indian media dawn and geo tv always look for masala news to get publicity

Back
Top Bottom