What's new

Why are conspiracy theories popular in Pakistan??

Care to explain?? I personally only believe in information that is held as credible by the mainstream majority and backed by substantial evidence (eye witness accounts, recorded transcripts etc) but I realise what's credible for Indians and the West may not be credible for others. As far as I can see, there is no evidence, not even provided by those putting forward such CTs, to support some of the ideas banded around in Pakistan (unless you know something I don`t)..

What you believe is not the point. It is what is believed by Indians in general. There is no evidence to support a lot of things that Indians openly believe about Pakistan or ISI.

Now as far as mainstream majority is concerned,

1. Which mainstream majority outside India believes this? I can guarantee you these theories are not that popular in the west contrary to what you believe.

2. It is still irrelevant whether many people believe it, since that just means that the conspiracy theory is more popular. It is still a conspiracy theory nonetheless. Just because more people believe in your conspiracy theory, doesn't make it any less a conspiracy theory. Please get out of this mindset and using argumentum ad populum as your form of argument. You are in no better position than you suggest others are.

Every govt engages in propoganda and misinformation and although people can occasionally get whipped up into a state of frenzy I don`t see any enduring mass hysteria about the 'foreign hand' gripping India nor have I encountered the visceral hate and racist beliefs, at least among my relations or those I meet during my visits to India, for muslims or other communities that many posters on here appear to harbour against Hindus/Jews/West. I believe it is this fundamental pattern of idolising "us" whilst on the other hand denigrating the 'other' and the tendency to project unpleasent emotions and "evil" on to others that makes certain societies especially vulnerable to such subvesive ideas.

ISI conspiracy theories are quite popular in India, similar to RAW/CIA/Mossad in Pakistan.

What gets lost amidst all this is the ability to self reflect and recognising one's own short comings, which could then lead to lasting peace and reconciliation. The powers that be have a vested interest in keep society in this paranoid schizoid state of thinking as it let individuals avoid having to face up to their own failures, as a convenient "evil" enemy is always at hand to shoulder the blame.

Again, goes both ways.

Although I think Pakistanis should not care about indian verdicts concerning indian muslims, since indian muslims chose to stay with india in 1947 and they have nothing to do with Pakistan whatsover, I dont think any indian has Pakistan's best interest at heart.

Just visit your indian defence forums like bharat rakshak forum that even has a section dedicated to Pakistan. indians themselves discussing Pakistan calling for the destruction of Pakistan and murdering innocent Pakistanis, and after any bomb blast in Pakistan indians celebrate on that forum, they even celebrate when a natural disaster occurs in Pakistan, and innocent Pakistanis die.

Pakistanis already know the true face of indians, so dont pretend you have Pakistan's best interest at heart.

It is true that some jingoists feel happy when Pakistan suffers,most people just don't care. Indians are quite self absorbed and don't care about others. But you should think why those few Indians rejoice at Pakistan's plight..Pakistan hasn't done much to get the good will of Indians and vice versa. You guys laugh at Indians failures , Indians laugh at yours.

I don't know how the military, right now, are the highest authority. Kiyani has stated that he has no intention of taking Zardari out of power. Even Mushy, the great military leader, bowed down to public pressure, especially after 2007.
ur history provides ample proof.In which democracy do u have army influencing/interfering so much in economic activities.There was a video with complete list of companies or similar entities owned by pak army.can dig that up if u r unaware.
Anywhere where corruption is broad, the election are called into question. This includes the US.
Again, corruption. Same thing with China, India, Russia and US.
What evr may be the reason but ur democratic appearance is a sham IN classic sense of the word..Dont u have democratic ways and means to root out corruption??In case of corrupt election in US people appeal to the supreme court.Army doesnt march in and take control.
Err, wrong. Not many Pakistani consider India to cunning and ruthless. Well, maybe ruthless. But not cunning. And most Pakistani would be opposed to using nukes to strike India, except for a self-defense kind of situation. So, no, Pakistan does not wish to use any method available to wipe out 'enemies'.
I would not yet refer to nukes but rather to incubating and using terrorists rather than an all out war.
Obsession with enemies. Gee, wonder what else Pakistan should do with 30,000+ dead.
ur army remains india centric .what would india gain by taking over pakistan[thats the perception of most pakistanis i would say given the constant rantof akhand bahrat]India has enough problems on its own.
Plenty of Pakistani do not want to see the Zia type sharia laws return. And many Mullahs, probably most of them, work against the government.
yeah against the gov. may be but most are definitely not against the army.

new conspiracy by Zaid Hamid:

Baburi mosque ka faisala musalmano ke khilaf aaya kyoki hinduon ne talwar tej karli thi aur agar musalmano ke haq me faisla aata to ye log 1 se 1.5 lakh musalmano ka katal karneka plan tha.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ They do not even have knowledge what they were talking..
They say the case was running from last 18 year.
That means, they were talking about Babury demolition, whose still verdict need to come.
This case was about ownership of the land running from last six decades.

new conspiracy by Zaid Hamid:

Baburi mosque ka faisala musalmano ke khilaf aaya kyoki hinduon ne talwar tej karli thi aur agar musalmano ke haq me faisla aata to ye log 1 se 1.5 lakh musalmano ka katal karneka plan tha.

Damn - how'd he find out about by tej talwar?

I will brief some points I agree with a Article found on a haram website for Muslims.the Root Reason for Conspiracy Theories in Islamic Nations is Within Themselves.
Muslim peoples and nations seem very prone to a wide range of illogical and irrational 'conspiracy theories'. By their own words and actions, it seems vast numbers of the Muslim ‘Ummah’ (community) are preoccupied with various perceived conspiracies, and are thus perpetually locked into a cycle of fear and overreaction. Often, to distract their populace from the realities of their own shortcomings or failures, governments/dictatorships permit or perpetuate misinformation. In the Islamic world, social or cultural fears are also flamed by rumor, by news and editorial content, by TV and radio productions, by internet and satellite broadcasts, and most importantly by their religious leaders. It is no accident that all these arms of communication support this dynamic for deception. To understand the mindset that creates and feeds these endless theories, one needs to look more deeply at the philosophy and doctrine of Islam, and its history in relationship with non-Muslims. Many works are now emerging to assist non-Muslims understand the way Islam emotionally and psychologically affects and limits its adherents. Such books are critical to gaining true perspective on Islamic psychology and culture, as the concepts and dynamics involved are outside typical western patterns of experience. Before enlightenment can occur, one has to study unusual concepts and think ‘outside of the box’.
[...]
For some reason, Muslims seem incapable of facing the reality of their co-brothers culpability. The reason for that denial is both simple and foreboding, and is based firmly in Islamic doctrine and mindsets. The malady is both systemic, and intractable, because it is based on a core Muslim belief that Muslims are Gods ‘best people’, far superior to non-believers whom the Islamic God ‘does not love’. As such, whatever goes wrong, …simply has to be the fault of non-believers. To believe otherwise shakes the very foundation of an individuals Islamic identity. If you take away a Muslims sense of superiority, there is usually very little left (in terms of family, culture, or economic quality of life) to support the poor creature. To a good Muslim completely lost in Islam, there is nothing else to fall back on, because such an individual has already ‘broken all ties’ in his efforts to win carnal paradise in Islamic heaven with 72 virgins, ‘boys like pearls’, gluttony, and endless mansions and riches.

African Muslims regularly accusing "Zionists" of spreading AIDS. Last year Imams in Africa issued a fatwa telling the poor African Muslims not to go for polio vaccinations because Western doctors were conspiring to cause them harm thereby. They were told that the 'Jews' were behind the contamination of the vaccine which might cause Aids or infertility, …and they believed it. Of course, the claims were outlandish with no basis in fact, yet they still served to successfully manipulate the behavior of the entire Muslim populace. Only after some small outbreaks of polio threatened to become wider, did the clerics permit vaccinations to resume. Despite all kinds of logical and scientific evidence available to everyone, it was only the very ‘real’ fear of polio epidemics which could overcome the false fear from their religious leaders. In this case the paranoia proved to be harmful to the paranoid, but unfortunately in most other cases paranoia usually harms others. There are innumerable examples of excessive violent overreaction by Muslims, but point to any subset of historical data showing such harm caused and be prepared for the usual reaction; “Lies, lies!”, they will scream, claiming victimization and/or conspiracy. Insecure followers of Islam learn early in life how to react to shield themselves from all blame and humiliation. In a typical display of ‘transference’, anyone pointing out Islamic paranoia is quickly vilified as ‘paranoid’ (i.e. Islamophobic).

Guys, quit talking to Zahid Hamid as he is not relevant to the topic. This topic is about Pakistanis believing in conspiracy theories, not Zahid Hamid believing in conspircay theories.

Guys, quit talking to Zahid Hamid as he is not relevant to the topic. This topic is about Pakistanis believing in conspiracy theories, not Zahid Hamid believing in conspircay theories.

Its also pakistanis believing in Zaid Hamid's conspiracy theory.

Didn't most of you accept that Ajmal Kasab is Amar Singh, a Sikh. :lol:

Nobody believes in all the theories he says. Or even half of them. Stop diverting the topic.

Meantime, Indians believe in many conspiracy theories about ISI:

ISI supports Taliban
ISI supports Kashmir separatists
ISI supports LeT
ISI carried out Mumbai attacks
Bin Laden hiding in Pakistan
Mullah Omar hiding in Pakistan
Probably several other CTs about Pakistan.

Please **** off and get off the high horse, and most importantly, quit being hypocritical.

Back
Top Bottom