What's new

Why do we've so poor products in our country?

Quality comes when multiple local product makers compete with hint of imported goods for options for consumers.

With our healthy local Manufacturing sector which distributes the material locally it is hard to improve things.

Pakistani Export quality is different compared to what is circulated internally in Pakistan
This standard is higher as this has to pass certain quality bench marks overseas.
The local check and balance is a bit weaker

World standard sometimes demand quality standard to be 90-95% out of 100
However in Pakistan's local market the assumption has become that Pakistani consumer will accept a product developed 65-75% quality standard.

This assumption can only be removed from local market once ample "competetion emerges" which froces 2-5 companies to compete against each other to make and sell a better product.

Some of us really do eat Western food and drink every day and turned out just...

You know? On second though, don't or you'll end up a complete doof like me:jester:.
what is western food ? :D
What seasonal fruits and vegetables Norway produced locally ?

sunflower :D
Who is she?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who can say?

:p:

what is western food ? :D

I dunno, but people keep telling me not to eat it.

I guess processed or fatty foods:unsure:?

What seasonal fruits and vegetables Norway produced locally ?

Fruits and veggies? In Norway? Hmm... does this count?

norway-cod.jpg

Ok, Atlantic Cod isn't a fruit. Might be a vegetable though.

Berries - Redcurrants, Cherries, Blackberries, Strawberries and Raspberries grow wild. Cauliflower and Brocolli, Onions and leeks are also harvested.

Roots are pretty popular in traditional Norwegian foods. Parsley and Rutabaga are my least favorites, but carrots are nice. Turnips are just awful:wacko:.

That's about it. Cold weather plants mostly, but stuff does still grow around here.

I dunno, but people keep telling me not to eat it.

I guess processed or fatty foods:unsure:?
I think there is no food which we can classify as western food as every country has their own traditional food and even different ethnic groups within country has their own variety of traditional foods

Do you eat smalahove ? :unsure:

Fruits and veggies? In Norway? Hmm... does this count?

norway-cod.jpg

Ok, Atlantic Cod isn't a fruit. Might be a vegetable though.

Berries - Redcurrants, Cherries, Blackberries, Strawberries and Raspberries grow wild. Cauliflower and Brocolli, Onions and leeks are also harvested.

Roots are pretty popular in traditional Norwegian foods. Parsley and Rutabaga are my least favorites, but carrots are nice. Turnips are just awful:wacko:.

That's about it. Cold weather plants mostly, but stuff does still grow around here.

Nice. I may visit Norway next year. I have been to Denmark once because my uncle reside in there :)

Hello ..

I'm talking about the market we produce or we get from other countries . If you compare our clothe with rest of countries you'll notice , we've dull clothe , in fact our every product is dull compared to rest of world's like our woods , windows , clothes , fruits , food , cosmetics , lipstick, perfumes , steel , cement , houses , infrastructure.
Infact there are many things that aren't coming in mind , these are nothing compared to rest of world . If you look at dubai , Europe , they've so strong products in everything .

I think the reason of our backwards in products is that we are not honest , we aren't honest with our companies , country , markets as other nations are with their country .

If you compare a simple clothing of pakistani and other national of world you'll find that our clothe looks dull and it doesn't have that freshness which other people has on their clothes . Westerner clothe is good quality that is why they look good even in simple clothes .

Moreover , our best buddy china sends us stupid products that easily breaks up or get expired while on other hand I was so astonish to see that in first world like Europe or america or dubai , there were so high class products from china for them while they give us zakaat? ? !!
We need to improve the quality of our products no matter if it's less but there should be quality in everything and quality can be achieved by honesty.

My pakistani hair straightener received death after only 1 year while on other hand my turkish hair straightener is still alive since 5 years .

I'm sure it exists all over the world. If people can make something for $1 and charge you $20 they will. There are plenty of no-name brands that are bad. If a brand is good people will stick with it and those companies will spend a fortune defending their brand from no-name company copycats.

If I want to buy a wrench I go straight for a known brand. It may cost extra but I know it wont be junk and will last a lifetime. If I go to Walmart and buy a $1 no-name wrench I should expect it to be complete crap.

Unfortunately the "complete crap" stores are starting to dominate as people become stupid shoppers and accept the fact that a hair straightener should probably last less than a year. They just become a part of the "throw away society" who base everything on price and then complain.

When people pay less they get products with worse quality. It's that simple. In countries/markets where people have a higher standard of living usually the quality of products they buy is better. To achieve all that though you must have a developed market economy with a strong middle class where quality standards are high and are strictly followed. You can't just demand a higher quality if you can't pay for it or if you don't need it. I know a lot of people who have the money but don't know what style and quality really is. :D

ps Are we having female members in the forum or what? Usually people around here talk about rockets, bombs, and nukes, not about hair products and underwear. :sarcastic:

ps Are we having female members in the forum or what? Usually people around here talk about rockets, bombs, and nukes, not about hair products and underwear. :sarcastic:

I'm down for a discussion on rockets, bombs and nukes... or hair products and panties:D.

Your choice:p:.

I think there is no food which we can classify as western food as every country has their own traditional food and even different ethnic groups within country has their own variety of traditional foods

100% agreed. People love to lump the West together, generally when talking about geo-political alignment (which is where the term originated), ideology or even religion and culture, but in the latter each nation is far too different from one another to be labeled "Western."

Sweden and Norway are basically twins, but our cultures have developed differently and our food choices and traditions, while some are shared, are unique to our countries despite our common lineage.

Do you eat smalahove ? :unsure:

I don't since I'm a vegetarian, but members of my family do and it's totally gross.

Smalahove isn't common anymore though. Generally it's something tourists try because they think we actually eat it or want to see if they're brave enough, or tough enough to actually swallow sheep eyes, ears and head.

Nice. I may visit Norway next year. I have been to Denmark once because my uncle reside in there :)

Bring a jacket:enjoy:.

Summer high in Oslo is 19 C.

But do come visit. It's an expensive country, but well worth the price of admissions:smitten:.

Multinational firms sell poorer quality (but more expensive) food to Eastern Europeans

By Niamh Michail+, 26-May-2016

Multinational food firms are manufacturing poorer quality, unhealthier (but sometimes more expensive) versions of their trademarked brands for the Eastern Europe market, says the Czech Republic, which wants to see EU legislation to protect consumers. It's 'ethically problematic but not illegal', say experts - so can anything actually be done?

http://www.foodnavigator.com/Policy/Multinational-firms-sell-poorer-quality-but-more-expensive-food-to-Eastern-Europeans

Lower quality of same food brands in Eastern Europe raises eyebrows
http://www.euractiv.com/section/hea...ood-brands-in-eastern-europe-raises-eyebrows/

It's not only Pakistan.

Sweden and Norway are basically twins, but our cultures have developed differently and our food choices and traditions, while some are shared, are unique to our countries despite our common lineage.

Heresy!

I'm down for a discussion on rockets, bombs and nukes... or hair products and panties:D.

Your choice:p:.

Uuuuhh... Just the type of conversations I love to have at 3:40 AM Eastern European time... :drag: :enjoy:

:lol: I know the feeling. I've been up watching the NHL Playoffs. No sleep tonight for me:devil:.

And I'm doing almost the same thing- just watching the NBA playoffs... :yes4: Winter sports are not really popular at where I come from but for me hockey is an interesting sport. The only problem is that sometimes it's a bit too hard to see where the puck is. :D

ps Which NHL team do you support? And how popular the sport is in Norway? You guys usually kick *** in other winter sports and during Winter Olympics but somehow Sweden and Finland are much batter at hockey than you.:nhl_checking:

In India, it is somewhat better, I guess. But, I was shocked to see that products like baby milk formulas are sub par in quality churned out by companies like Nestle. People in big cities actually uses horribly overpriced imported milk formulas like Aptamil, Humana, Enfamil/Enfagrow, Hipp etc. Sad state of affairs. Even in China also people suspect their own products and baby milk formula black market exists.

You know what do shopkeepers say us when we buy clothe from them , they say baji don't worry its an indian clothe not a pakistani one that it would've a poor quality , even our shopkeepers know that our clothe isn't that best quality .

On food and milk , I agree it's a universal problem . Not to mention how many companies in pakistan were exposed of mixing injurious chemicals in such materials .
Its hard to find quality and original product in Pakistan as there is no check on quality. People prefer to buy cheap stuffs which appear great at first sight but are often made of cheap material . There are few shops which sell quality stuffs but they are expensive and you know most Pakistani cannot afford branded clothes, shoes, and others accessories . I actually bought many nike, adidas and next stuffs in UK shops which had this label " Made in Pakistan" on them. Many sports accessories in UK also come from Pakistan but they sell fake stuffs in local market. I went to saddar Rawalpindi and found that they were selling Adidas/nike trouser for Rs 700 and Rs 1000 . They were boht fake but he told me that cheaper one is fake while expensive one is original :D

I don't agree about fruits and vegetables though which are fresh, seasonal and more sweet in Pakistan unlike in west where you can buy most vegetables and fruits anytime during the year but don't taste as good , fresh as in Pakistan ..all these Pakistani mooli/daikon, carrot, Cabbage, corn, cucumber , okra, spinach. mango, banana , orange , watermelon and pomegranate were all seem much better in taste

You might be right about fruits but it also depends on honesty of fruit and vegetable sellers , sometimes they give you rotten ones and take huge money .

It has happened to me and my relatives few times , they give us rotten vegetables and fruits . Shame on them . How can a muslim do this , Allah destroyed one of our prophet's nation because they used to be very dishonest regarding trade and markets . Still we don't learn ,

You know in my city when brits used to rule some 80 years ago , after earthquake in quetta , thry built us some wooden earthquake proof rooms for each house for their safety and you won't believe me , still those rooms exist in many houses here. Plus , the lights they used in liaqat market of Quetta , they still exist and people today are taking advantages of those lights because of the the quality and honesty of brits , those things remain last . Brits also used to check the quality of fruits and vegetables provided nd would fire him who've been dishonest .
It's not about poverty or we've less resources etc etc , it's all about honesty that you've for your passion and job , unfortunately we lack this honesty therfore we getting sick and diseases .

Do you want to borrow mine:what:?

Consumers and sellers get what they pay for from the stock available to them. There's a lot of stuff I can get that Americans or even Brits can't. And I'm jealous of some stuff that they have readily available that I'd have to go internet-diving to find and import.

Lmao. I Would surely buy a Norways straightener one day . Products from West side usually are in best quality .

It's not about paying less , it's all about dishonesty and deception of local markerts.
Even if a product is of poor quality and you are unable to produce quality products then its better you should not make it or make any other small material from this that can be strong and have best quality at a time .
What use is poor quality when it doesn't last for a long time . Such people are deceiving everyone.

Depend on hairs I guess...some women have short and softer hair while others have long and thick which are not easy to manage or straightened :)

A straightener's job is to straighten the hair no matter thick or think or curvy or soft . It HAS to straighten the hair . And the straightener that fails to do its job properly should be boycotted .

Quality comes when multiple local product makers compete with hint of imported goods for options for consumers.

With our healthy local Manufacturing sector which distributes the material locally it is hard to improve things.

Pakistani Export quality is different compared to what is circulated internally in Pakistan
This standard is higher as this has to pass certain quality bench marks overseas.
The local check and balance is a bit weaker

World standard sometimes demand quality standard to be 90-95% out of 100
However in Pakistan's local market the assumption has become that Pakistani consumer will accept a product developed 65-75% quality standard.

This assumption can only be removed from local market once ample "competetion emerges" which froces 2-5 companies to compete against each other to make and sell a better product.

Heck we don't even trust our mobile companies and prefer westerner quality .

Samsung is heavier on Q mobile because we know out mobile won't last forever .

Some of us really do eat Western food and drink every day and turned out just...

You know? On second thought, don't or you'll end up a complete doof like me:jester:.

food is not natural anymore even meat is injected or comes from bad source.
fizzy drink is worse has lot of sugar plus chemcials that are harmful over time.
ever noticed when you consume fizzy drink you get pains in your legs.
Their is also GMO additives added. if you eat this stuff you get cancer over time and even damage to your brain.

Last edited:
Hello ..

I'm talking about the market we produce or we get from other countries . If you compare our clothe with rest of countries you'll notice , we've dull clothe , in fact our every product is dull compared to rest of world's like our woods , windows , clothes , fruits , food , cosmetics , lipstick, perfumes , steel , cement , houses , infrastructure.
Infact there are many things that aren't coming in mind , these are nothing compared to rest of world . If you look at dubai , Europe , they've so strong products in everything .

I think the reason of our backwards in products is that we are not honest , we aren't honest with our companies , country , markets as other nations are with their country .

If you compare a simple clothing of pakistani and other national of world you'll find that our clothe looks dull and it doesn't have that freshness which other people has on their clothes . Westerner clothe is good quality that is why they look good even in simple clothes .

Moreover , our best buddy china sends us stupid products that easily breaks up or get expired while on other hand I was so astonish to see that in first world like Europe or america or dubai , there were so high class products from china for them while they give us zakaat? ? !!
We need to improve the quality of our products no matter if it's less but there should be quality in everything and quality can be achieved by honesty.

My pakistani hair straightener received death after only 1 year while on other hand my turkish hair straightener is still alive since 5 years .

agree but on a side note, pakistan doesnot make hair straighteners. it must be chinese worth 1300 max.

Back
Top Bottom