What's new

Why does Vietnam lag so far behind China, despite similar cultures and political systems?

There are 2 reasons. First vietnam choose a relation of confronting China, it miss the train to take a ride on China's high development wave.
Second, vietnam is a lousy learner, which halfheartedly learn from China, halfheartedly from west. Now its whold model looks like a freak. How could you expect it to enjoy high development?

As an engineer my suggestion, Vietnam still didn't finish 'the Industrial Revolution' ... their industry is very very weak.

Most non-industrial country == Poor in this world, Vietnam can't escape away. Like South-Korea as same size(or smaller) as Vietnam, but they'r a Industrial and Informationization nation, much richer than Vietnam.

The Vietnam no hope to become another S.Korea, except killing ur low-efficient government ! After VCP gone, another big risk like social instability will come ... so it's the problem for our Vietnamese friends. :coffee: Anyways during the worst situation, China still will protect the North Vietnam as usual as our ancient China did.

Last edited:
There are 2 reasons. First vietnam choose a relation of confronting China, it miss the train to take a ride on China's high development wave.
Second, vietnam is a lousy learner, which halfheartedly learn from China, halfheartedly from west. Now its whold model looks like a freak. How could you expect it to enjoy high development?
:p:

As an engineer my suggestion, Vietnam still didn't finish 'the Industrial Revolution' ... their industry is very very weak.

Most non-industrial country == Poor in this world, Vietnam can't escape away. Like South-Korea as same size(or smaller) as Vietnam, but they'r a Industrial and Informationization nation, much richer than Vietnam.

The Vietnam no hope to become another S.Korea, except killing ur low-efficient government ! After VCP gone, another big risk like social instability will come ... so it's the problem for our Vietnamese friends. :coffee: Anyways during the worst situation, China still will protect the North Vietnam as usual as our ancient China did.
:p::p:

Vietnam is a poor man's China.
vietnam is no China, discounted or not.

Vietnam will always be someone's vassal.

Vietnam has a stable political environment, good education system, intelligent population with good work ethic, and dose not have the burden of a caste system and religion. Vietnamese also believe in the concept of "born to be equal", and the society endorses the upward mobility and rewards the hard working. As long as Vietnam can successfully steer away from "color revolution", and refrain from Anti-China sentiment which discourages FDI from Greater China, it should catch up China very soon in terms of level of industrialization and living standard.
Bro, I don't know if you been to vietnam? The vietnamese are decent workers but they ask for a lot of perks in return. If you're a manager sent from overseas, the *** kissing is so prevalent that it makes one blush.

Bro, I don't know if you been to vietnam? The vietnamese are decent workers but they ask for a lot of perks in return. If you're a manager sent from overseas, the *** kissing is so prevalent that it makes one blush.

troll.:blah:

Once Vietnam get worldwide patent for Pho, China will be doomed. Vietnam will rise! Pho power!

Bro, no sense denying this shit as yours truly have been in Vietnam sent by my former company. I'm not a frog in a well like you and your comrades.

Vietnam Development Report 2014 - Skilling up Vietnam: Preparing the workforce for a modern market economy

vn-VDR2014-EN-508x335.jpg

A skilled workforce is central to Vietnam’s economic modernization.

- Over the past two decades, basic literacy and numeracy skills have helped Vietnamese workers move from low productivity agriculture into higher productivity non-farm jobs. This has promoted rapid economic growth and poverty reduction.

- Today, Vietnamese workers perform better in reading than workers in other countries, including wealthier ones. Looking ahead, continued strong economic growth will require increased labor productivity and a workforce with the skills to match the job market.

• Despite impressive literacy and numeracy achievements among Vietnamese workers,many Vietnamese firms report a shortage of workers with the right skills.

• The skills gap is particularly acute among applicants for jobs in technical, professional and managerial positions, while a shortage in applicants is common among more elementary occupations.

• Employers identify job-specific technical skills as the most important skill. But they are equally looking for cognitive skills, such as problem-solving and critical thinking, and behavioral skills, such as team work and communication.

• Cognitive and behavioral skills are formed in early years in life and continue through later stages. Technical skills are acquired later through technical and vocational education and training, higher education and on the job training.

RECOMMENDATIONS: A framework for strategic skills development in Vietnam

• Step 1: Promoting school readiness through early childhood development:

- Early childhood development for children aged 0-3: Promote breastfeeding and child stimulation; Provide social assistance and social work for poor parents to make better choices for their children.

- Preschool for children aged 3-5: Universalize access to full-day preschool; Translate modern and child-centered curriculum into quality provision, focused on building cognitive and behavioral skills, across all classrooms through upgrading of the competence of the current teaching workforce.

• Step 2: Building the cognitive and behavioral foundation in general education

- More schooling for all, with full-day instruction and expansion of access to secondary education.

- Better schooling for all, with a curriculum and teaching and assessment methods that foster the development of cognitive and behavioral skills in students.

- Schooling that involves parents and communities more

• Step 3: Building job-relevant technical skills through a more connected system between employers, students and universities, and vocational schools- Better information: More partnerships between businesses and universities and vocational training institutions provide better information on skills needed and available job opportunities

- Right incentives: Increase institutional autonomy for universities and vocational training institutions and strengthen mechanisms for their accountability for results;, define quality and occupational skills standards and assess and certify graduates.

- Adequate capacity: Invest in teacher training; strengthen leadership and management capacity in universities and vocational training institutions to exercise institutional autonomy; and provide scholarships for disadvantaged students.

Why so disgrunted against the Vietnamese? Did you get beat up by a Vietnamese when you were in VN or something?

To lighten up your mood, you can watch this youtube clip from China People’s Daily as a tribute to Vietnam-China relation:

Vietnam Development Report 2014 - Skilling up Vietnam: Preparing the workforce for a modern market economy

vn-VDR2014-EN-508x335.jpg

A skilled workforce is central to Vietnam’s economic modernization.

- Over the past two decades, basic literacy and numeracy skills have helped Vietnamese workers move from low productivity agriculture into higher productivity non-farm jobs. This has promoted rapid economic growth and poverty reduction.

- Today, Vietnamese workers perform better in reading than workers in other countries, including wealthier ones. Looking ahead, continued strong economic growth will require increased labor productivity and a workforce with the skills to match the job market.

• Despite impressive literacy and numeracy achievements among Vietnamese workers,many Vietnamese firms report a shortage of workers with the right skills.

• The skills gap is particularly acute among applicants for jobs in technical, professional and managerial positions, while a shortage in applicants is common among more elementary occupations.

• Employers identify job-specific technical skills as the most important skill. But they are equally looking for cognitive skills, such as problem-solving and critical thinking, and behavioral skills, such as team work and communication.

• Cognitive and behavioral skills are formed in early years in life and continue through later stages. Technical skills are acquired later through technical and vocational education and training, higher education and on the job training.

RECOMMENDATIONS: A framework for strategic skills development in Vietnam

• Step 1: Promoting school readiness through early childhood development:

- Early childhood development for children aged 0-3: Promote breastfeeding and child stimulation; Provide social assistance and social work for poor parents to make better choices for their children.

- Preschool for children aged 3-5: Universalize access to full-day preschool; Translate modern and child-centered curriculum into quality provision, focused on building cognitive and behavioral skills, across all classrooms through upgrading of the competence of the current teaching workforce.

• Step 2: Building the cognitive and behavioral foundation in general education

- More schooling for all, with full-day instruction and expansion of access to secondary education.

- Better schooling for all, with a curriculum and teaching and assessment methods that foster the development of cognitive and behavioral skills in students.

- Schooling that involves parents and communities more

• Step 3: Building job-relevant technical skills through a more connected system between employers, students and universities, and vocational schools- Better information: More partnerships between businesses and universities and vocational training institutions provide better information on skills needed and available job opportunities

- Right incentives: Increase institutional autonomy for universities and vocational training institutions and strengthen mechanisms for their accountability for results;, define quality and occupational skills standards and assess and certify graduates.

- Adequate capacity: Invest in teacher training; strengthen leadership and management capacity in universities and vocational training institutions to exercise institutional autonomy; and provide scholarships for disadvantaged students.

That's good initiative, vocational training is important to develop & sustain an industrialized economy.

Why so disgrunted against the Vietnamese? Did you get beat up by a Vietnamese when you were in VN or something?

To lighten up your mood, you can watch this youtube clip from China People’s Daily as a tribute to Vietnam-China relation:

Does the truth about Vietnam always being some country's vassal hurt your feeling?

Does the truth about Vietnam always being some country's vassal hurt your feeling?

Those trolling of yours doesn’t affect me one bit. But its quite funny seeing you showing your butthurt against the Vietnamese. Like in this thread, it can clearly be seen that you are not happy that some other Chinese members are not saying negative things about VN, you are almost begging them to join you in trash talking VN. :lol:

Bro, no sense denying this shit as yours truly have been in Vietnam sent by my former company. I'm not a frog in a well like you and your comrades.

my countryman is right, you were beaten badly in the last anti-china protest. Frog has a big mouth. Why FDI amount investment is rising year by year.?

Those trolling of yours doesn’t affect me one bit. But its quite funny seeing you showing your butthurt against the Vietnamese. Like in this thread, it can clearly be seen that you are not happy that some other Chinese members are not saying negative things about VN. :lol:

I share my experience with PDF members who have never left their country and your best come back is an insult? I'm disappointed in you, as I expect more from you than the rest of your vietnamese comrades :disagree:

I share my experience with PDF members who have never left their country and your best come back is an insult? I'm disappointed in you, as I expect more from you than the rest of your vietnamese comrades :disagree:

This is what I mean, you are almost begging them to join you in trash talking VN.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom