Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Why I left PTI?
Thursday, 1 December 2011​
mariam2.jpg

Why I left PTI?

A party with three perfect words and a proper noun.

“Imran khan”, “Change” and “Youth”. Anyone can be attracted and fascinated by these three beguiling words.

Imran khan: Who is he?
A well-known cricketer, the one who brought world cup to the country in 1992, a proud moment for Pakistan. A very good philanthropist, made SKMT with the help of people of Pakistan and the then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif gave the land of SKMT tax free to him, for a noble cause.

Change: What change is required by us at present?
We all are so desperate for “change” but what kind of “change” and through which channel and tool? To be very honest we don’t know exactly what kind of change we want, but the crux is we want “change”, no matter at what cost and where our desperation of “ change “would lead us. We are not concerned with it.

Youth: who are they?
Engaging and involving youth is no doubt a very good initiative. What kind of Youth? Youth which have no sense of direction, no vision, who are ignorant, aggressive, intolerant and do not hesitate or don’t even think once before disrespecting their fellow citizens, senior citizens on the basis of political affiliation. Can we bring “change” from this kind of youth on board?

He is Imran khan “the Imran Khan”

He talks about change “the change”

He talks about “youth” about “us”

Having all the appealing ingredients to attract but still I left PTI. Reason being, I believe it is always better to give another chance to something which you have tried before, only when you can visibly see the difference between the tried and the untried. The new ride which you are trying to go for is not the one which is required by you.

Having a bad toothache, so I thought of trying some new toothpaste (change is what I need). As I was carried away by the advertisement and the hype created by it. The fancy packet was appealing too. I was about to purchase it but before doing that I just go through the ingredients on the back of it. And I failed to find a single useful ingredient that will solve my tooth problem. So I realized that I should stick to my old toothpaste at least it has the required ingredients may be I am not using it properly or maybe I just over looked “the new and improved” version of it in my desperation of “change” and in my eagerness of trying something new.

That day I realized, Imran khan’s speeches and talks are marvelous and can appeal to anyone for the time being. His charismatic personality no doubt leaves an impact. But on reality grounds his policies lack practical approach to the core issues. He talked about insignificant issues and without any concrete solutions. Mobilizing and gathering people on a platform does not prove any one as a successful leader. Even Shahruk khan can gather an immense crowd but this doesn’t make him a leader. It is always the vision and practical approach to the national issues and international issues that can motivate people for a change. Identification of issues and problems is not what we require today. We all know what our problems are. Talking about larger than life and reality will always have an adverse effect as they lack practical implementation.

Trying something new is good only when it is useful and when it makes sense otherwise you will end up in more mess.

Mariam Khan
Mariamkhan: Why I left PTI?

Why I left PTI?
mariam2.jpg

Why I left PTI?

“Imran khan”, “Change” and “Youth”. Anyone can be attracted and fascinated by these three beguiling words.

A well-known cricketer, the one who brought world cup to the country in 1992, a proud moment for Pakistan. A very good philanthropist, made SKMT with the help of people of Pakistan and the then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif gave the land of SKMT tax free to him, for a noble cause.

We all are so desperate for “change” but what kind of “change” and through which channel and tool? To be very honest we don’t know exactly what kind of change we want, but the crux is we want “change”, no matter at what cost and where our desperation of “ change “would lead us. We are not concerned with it.

Youth: who are they?
Engaging and involving youth is no doubt a very good initiative. What kind of Youth? Youth which have no sense of direction, no vision, who are ignorant, aggressive, intolerant and do not hesitate or don’t even think once before disrespecting their fellow citizens, senior citizens on the basis of political affiliation. Can we bring “change” from this kind of youth on board?

Having all the appealing ingredients to attract but still I left PTI. Reason being, I believe it is always better to give another chance to something which you have tried before, only when you can visibly see the difference between the tried and the untried. The new ride which you are trying to go for is not the one which is required by you.

Having a bad toothache, so I thought of trying some new toothpaste (change is what I need). As I was carried away by the advertisement and the hype created by it. The fancy packet was appealing too. I was about to purchase it but before doing that I just go through the ingredients on the back of it. And I failed to find a single useful ingredient that will solve my tooth problem. So I realized that I should stick to my old toothpaste at least it has the required ingredients may be I am not using it properly or maybe I just over looked “the new and improved” version of it in my desperation of “change” and in my eagerness of trying something new.

That day I realized, Imran khan’s speeches and talks are marvelous and can appeal to anyone for the time being. His charismatic personality no doubt leaves an impact. But on reality grounds his policies lack practical approach to the core issues. He talked about insignificant issues and without any concrete solutions. Mobilizing and gathering people on a platform does not prove any one as a successful leader. Even Shahruk khan can gather an immense crowd but this doesn’t make him a leader. It is always the vision and practical approach to the national issues and international issues that can motivate people for a change. Identification of issues and problems is not what we require today. We all know what our problems are. Talking about larger than life and reality will always have an adverse effect as they lack practical implementation.

Trying something new is good only when it is useful and when it makes sense otherwise you will end up in more mess.

Mariam Khan

Another propaganda against PTI because PML-N is feeling the heat too much these days, bearing in mind I used to support Nawaz sharif but not anymore the simple fact is we need change and that is Imran Khan and oh Mariam we dont want to live in the same pathetic corrupt system which you seem to enjoy.

Maybe she should have just visited insaf.pk if she was searching for practical solutions and the immediate actions PTI would undertake upon being elected.

I can't understand how such a statement can be made by someone claiming to be with PTI and not know what the basics PTI would implement.

He is not someone throwing buzz words out there, like Gillani does, like Zardari does, Like Khwaja Asif does...

His explanations of his position on foreign policy, financial strategy and justice system are the most clear than they have ever been in the history of Pakistani politics. Too much detail is out there about what we can expect with PTI coming to the helm. There is clarity, there is a path, and we see hope. The nay-sayers are sponsored and the ones that are going to be left to feel the brunt of his honest policies against corruption.

She complains of lack of clarity yet, she chose to give a toothpaste analogy... If thats the level of PTI opponents, then you know why Pakistan is where it is under the leadership of such people.

bye and good luck with your path.

We are determined to give IMRAN a chance he is untried yet , we will test him either he can work or not , and we trust him till now.

She complains of lack of clarity yet, she chose to give a toothpaste analogy... If thats the level of PTI opponents, then you know why Pakistan is where it is under the leadership of such people.

Asim it actually was surgeon's analogy used by Ahsan Iqbal and was ripped apart by IK in a program....I guess they came up with toothpaste analogy so it couldn't further be ripped.....:lol::lol:

Why I left PTI?
mariam2.jpg

Why I left PTI?

We all are so desperate for “change” but what kind of “change” and through which channel and tool? :blah:, but the crux is we want “change”, no matter at what cost and where our desperation of “ change “would lead us. We are not concerned with it.:hitwall:

Youth: who are they?:lol:
Engaging and involving youth is no doubt a very good initiative. What kind of Youth? Youth which have no sense of direction, no vision, who are ignorant, aggressive, intolerant and do not hesitate or don’t even think once before disrespecting their fellow citizens, senior citizens on the basis of political affiliation. Can we bring “change” from this kind of youth on board?:laugh:

Having a bad toothache, so I thought of trying some new toothpaste (change is what I need). As I was carried away by the advertisement and the hype created by it. The fancy packet was appealing too. I was about to purchase it but before doing that I just go through the ingredients on the back of it. And I failed to find a single useful ingredient that will solve my tooth problem. So I realized that I should stick to my old toothpaste :rofl:at least it has the required ingredients may be I am not using it properly or maybe I just over looked “the new and improved” version of it in my desperation of “change” and in my eagerness of trying something new.

Mariam Khan
kiya funny article hai yar maza a gaya edit kar kay ......
ab writer ku kisi Pagal khanayl mein admit karanay ki tayri karu bahi logo

One who admires change.

Then says that the coming "change" is not the real change.

On the basis of this reasoning then decides to prefer NO CHANGE to that coming (may be) apparent change.

This reasoning is LOGICALLY WRONG.

Because then that person should not have admired change in the first place.

Very good article!! But the matter of the fact is now days some ppl are almost close to blind to believe anything about IK even if it's true. there is nothing untrue which she has written in her article!

well... that blog writer has again joined PTI. Following are her comments (on second page) of her blog post:

"Sorry for all this. i am very well convinced now that only PTI is the last hope. i am glade to rejoing PTI, Imran khan zinda baad (author)"

I thnk Imran khanis more hype then substance but as people are fed up with zardari/sharif they are going for any other option visible.

Imran khan ek bund Mutthi hai (a closed fist) people don't know what's inside it as he will get power everything will be clear to all.

A few weeks back I wrote a note (Reality bytes: Why would I vote for Imran Khan?) on why I would vote for Imran Khan citing my belief in lesser evil to be the only reason for doing so. In response to that note, a friend of mine shared with me the manifesto of PTI so that I get a few other reasons. So I read that 31 page manifesto. The general idea that I got was that most of the statements looked like fantasies with little or no facts to back them up. A few things, though, did look like good changes such as stress on creating more play grounds, a few constitutional reforms, the empowerment of women etc. So let’s dig deep into what I understood from the manifesto. First and foremost thing that I want to bring in the attention of whoever wrote this manifesto. The word is by-law; not bye law. It's slightly unnerving whenever you see bye-laws in an official document. This also makes me feel that before we teach our children, we better teach our politicians so that they at least know how to spell. Secondly, the manifesto pretty much makes every institution "autonomous" and "fully independent" while at the same time being critical of the privatization policy (though still acknowledging that privatization is good). For example, the privatization board itself. The accountability of privatization commission, according to the manifesto, lies in the hands of the parliament. This pretty much means that nothing would ever get privatized while at the same time ensuring that the blame of any screw-up will be shared by all the politicians. Good luck doing that. It mentions "complete religious freedom". What does that mean? Does this mean that no matter whether the person is Ismaili, or qadiyani or Christian or Hindu or Muslim or any other religious sect or atheist, they would still be eligible to every human right, that they would not be denied any office of the government? The manifesto lacks guts and therefore resorts to general feel good things which we have been listening to for the past 60 years. Nothing new here. It says that it will create a culture of tolerance and cooperation between parties. Hah! "The appointment of judges will be made through Public Service Commission which will be made autonomous". But who will select the members of this commission? And how would you ensure that there was transparency in the process which selects these members? Would you create another autonomous group for this? You might want to read about infinite loops. Convicts and accused with existing cases will be barred from elections. This is actually good but I think they need to make sure that all those big names joining the party get banned. This is plainly because any one who is "big" in our political landscape, has not only gone to jail, but even has the nerve to present this as his/ her credentials. "The task of assessing royalties for provinces will be entrusted to an independent commission". Another independent body. Seriously what are you expecting your ministers to do? Or would there be just one IK holding all the portfolios? Also, who would this commission consist of? How do you address the mistrust between the provinces? I am little confused about the Local Government section. The text suggested that District Nazim is not elected by the people. I might be wrong, but as far as I remember, the nazim was elected by people. In my view, the nazim system was probably the best political change that happened in Pakistan in the past 15-20 years. Putting local governments to be controlled by the assemblies is not useful; it makes the whole system ineffective. If Gulberg requires funds for the sewerage system, how the heck would an MPA from Mianwali have any idea about that? You want to make things autonomous? Make local governments more autonomous. Not every other commission. Also, you don’t need a commission for everything. The criticism of examination of candidates for civil service is also confusing. If you consider the present system to be favoring the elites, what would the new examination system look like? The police reforms are pretty good specially increasing the wages for policemen, improving the conditions in jails and making them truly correction facilities. The manifest also doesn’t directly address the problem of feudalism. It mentions land reforms but only that it would ensure that maximum number of households own a minimum specified area of land. What about feudal who "inherited" land? Would you get this newly available land from them or from army? "Abolish educational apartheid by introducing a common core syllabus for all schools". Sounds nice, but does this mean that you would elevate the level of education of public schools or bring private institutions to the level of public schools? It seems the logical answer is to increase the level of education of public schools, but then why not just make the syllabus of private schools as the standard syllabus? About the tax system, it mentions that it will create a system that allows people to compute their taxes easily, for example through the internet. But doesn't mention what it would do about the rural areas which pretty much do not give any income tax. Regarding energy, it doesn’t out rightly say that we need to make Kala Bagh dam. Instead it talks about increasing dependence on CNG for all public vehicles. Don't we have a shortage of CNG? I also do not have any idea about what PTI intends to do with the railway. It says that it would increase the public-private relationship in railway. But would they privatize it? Same question with PIA. Another thing that I feel is missing is talking about establishing the writ of the government in the lawless areas. It repeats the same lines of getting America out of this region but doesn't say much about how to ensure that those areas will not be a threat to Pakistan and its neighbors. So after reading this, I still pretty much stick with lesser evil philosophy. I believe it’s better to choose the delusional over the demented, because there is chance that smacking them with a book of logic might make them see things differently.
Deciphering PTI's manifesto > Insaf Forum > Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf

Maybe i am being cynical but i get the feeling that imran khan has planned his path into politics and the first step was his hospital.

@ dabong1

If you have better solutions to problems then go ask pml n to implement them.

We also don't fully agree with IK's manifesto. But others simply don't have any manifesto.

We will try to convince PTI leadership to improve their manifesto to the tunes which we think fit...!

Back
Top Bottom