What's new

Why India Wants to ‘Impose’ a Military Partnership on Bangladesh?

Probably a hardcore BNP supporter but most definitely an anti-BAL. BNP-BAL whoever is not in power always drag military in politics. It's in their genes
Ye

I was referring to the fact that the BD army has been politically mismanaged. I'm not one to make the mistake of our eastern neighbours and underestimate an enemy that looks weak on paper.
So has Pakistan army. It lead to high national debt and loss of half its country. Anyways all I wanted to say is focus your attention on India without dragging Bangladesh in. No one in Bangladesh except Hasina likes India.

No Indian or Pakistani would ever disrespect their armed forces like this, they'd be lynched.

You are very wrong here. Mostly Pakistanis are very vocal and speak things how they are without fear of repurcussions. Just check few threads in this forum where people openly criticizing military for not doing enough to some terrorist attacks. Also check how Pakistani journalists criticize the army.

Mind it that Pakistan is the only country who mastered the guirella warfare against some of the notorious terrorist groups despite having a large enemy to the east sharing big border... All thanks to it's military aka Pakistan Armed forces.

We are not Bhartiis who almost worship their military and believe in its propaganda.

You are very wrong here. Mostly Pakistanis are very vocal and speak things how they are without fear of repurcussions. Just check few threads in this forum where people openly criticizing military for not doing enough to some terrorist attacks. Also check how Pakistani journalists criticize the army.

Mind it that Pakistan is the only country who mastered the guirella warfare against some of the notorious terrorist groups despite having a large enemy to the east sharing big border... All thanks to it's military aka Pakistan Armed forces.

We are not Bhartiis who almost worship their military and believe in its propaganda.

There must be a proper reason for criticism, the situation in BD is different from Pak. Moreover there are more People who support the army in Pakistan than despise it, The story is different in Bangladesh most people are at best indifferent towards the army and worst they despise them for letting Hasina stay on for all this long.

People are simply calling them "useless" and "corrupt" just because they aren't carrying out coups.

Brahmos is a 50.5-49.5 joint venture between India’s DRDO and Russia’s NPO Mashinostroyenia. So both party contributed in development of the missile. Currently it has 65% Indian component including indigenous seeker, propulsion system, airframe, power supply, fuel management system, inertial navigation system, fire control system etc.

Brahmos is a development of P-800 Oniks. They even look the same. There is very little change in then.

if army that time put bnp in power thn surely army would have become very nationalistic or apple of their eye:lol::lol:,that same democratic party decommissioned BNS BB(one of the finest that time) or cancelled the deal of 16/32 migs just because they were purchased by hasina.

Mig deal was full of corruption and thus it got cancelled. Furthermore, it costs a lot to maintain Migs and there was even better Russian options there. Hasina murdered the Bangladesh Army with the help of India to make the Army toothless and replace the officer rank with pro-AL officers.

Well pakistan dont have 95 percent election. So you wont face same fear as you do in bd. Did you know all these loud mouth BD posters here are using VPN and even afraid to disclose there location. They or family members might get tortured. It is "pathetic" to say at least. Honestly shameless bunch.

I said that China will NOT Support Ban in case of conflict with Myanmar
Of course they won't. Bangladesh is just a business partner for China that's it whereas Myanmar is like a spiritual/strategic partner for them. Myanmar is like Pakistan and North Korea for China, an all-weather friend.

Well pakistan dont have 95 percent election. So you wont face same fear as you do in bd. Did you know all these loud mouth BD posters here are using VPN and even afraid to disclose there location. They or family members might get tortured. It is "pathetic" to say at least. Honestly shameless bunch.

All the loud mouth BD posters here are BAL supporters or affiliates, they won't be tortured.

All the loud mouth BD posters here are BAL supporters or affiliates, they won't be tortured.
Lol. I can see.

Last time i check all north Koreans/Gaddafi era also love there supreme leader.

And i am sure they do it voluntarily.

There must be a proper reason for criticism, the situation in BD is different from Pak. Moreover there are more People who support the army in Pakistan than despise it, The story is different in Bangladesh most people are at best indifferent towards the army and worst they despise them for letting Hasina stay on for all this long.

People are simply calling them "useless" and "corrupt" just because they aren't carrying out coups.

@mmr @DalalErMaNodi

I was only responding to Pakistan part. Honestly speaking I have no idea how things get operated in Bangladesh so I would refrain from commenting.

Yes more people support army in Pakistan. This includes me too because of the fact that what army brings to the table. In such a corrupt country like Pakistan, it is the only institute that is performing exceeding expectations. No matter it is 99 Kargil skirmish ,2002 or 08 standoff, or 2019 air skirmish. Or the ongoing LOC crises. Not to mention the decade long war on terrorism that the army came out victorious while none other country could do that. So we have our reasons to love our army but when a tiny thing happens we vocally criticize them.

Things are different in India where despite army failing left right center even after having a military budget of 64billion $ which is about 5.9 times higher than Pakistan, their public near worship them.

Things are different in India where despite army failing left right center even after having a military budget of 64billion $ which is about 5.9 times higher than Pakistan, their public near worship them.
Indian defence budget is 64 billion dollar, but they are getting service may be only about 30-35 billion dollar. Fully one-quarter of Indian defence budget is eaten up by their over burdened military pension. Most of the rest goes to salary and other expenses for sustaining hugely bloated armed forces personnels(they may have compulsion to keep army big to quell internal rebellions such as Kashmir which is draining India hugely in terms of cost of sustaining 9 lakh troops there). Indian armed forces is like an aged elephant, huge in size but can not move fast. About 75 percent of their military equipment are obsolete but can not be replaced timely due to shortage of fund. This is the reason despite Pakistan spending 1/6th in defence compared to India, actually still narrowing the gap with India in conventional military balance. If Pakistan can return to high economic growth sooner, then Indian dream of leaving behind Pakistan militarily to focus on China will never come into reality.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom