What's new

Why India Will Displace China as Global Growth Engine.

I was going to counter you, but once you added Gordon as the source there's no need for it.

I was going to counter you, but once you added Gordon as the source there's no need for it.

Nothing to say ? i counter you on anything despite knowing you mainly bring party approved news which could be the equivalent of Gordon Chang's contortions.

I know it's Gordon Chang, but he is not the only one pointing at this"irregularities".

Ah, Gordon Chang. The American with a half-Chinese face, who predicted the collapse of China every year for the past decade.

Here was his most recent prediction. It is interesting because the deadline is less than a month away:

The Coming Collapse of China: 2012 Edition- By Gordon G. Chang | Foreign Policy

Not long ago, everything was going well for the mandarins in Beijing. Now, nothing is. So, yes, my prediction was wrong. Instead of 2011, the mighty Communist Party of China will fall in 2012. Bet on it.

So his 2011 prediction went wrong, and now he says that China will CERTAINLY fall in 2012.

Less than a month and we'll see. :D

China still faces a bumpy landing in 2013 as policymakers take a more cautious approach to easing

2013: 7.4 percent
2014: 7.2 percent
2015: 6.9 percent
2016: 6.9 percent
2017: 6.5 percent

Forecast highlights
As the global economy is unstable hopes of external demand supporting Chinese economic growth are fading. Policymakers have taken a cautious approach toward easing which shows they are serious about change.
There's a 30 percent chance of a hard landing and a 10 percent chance of over stimulation. A bumpy landing is most likely.
"We think Beijing is well aware that the sensible goal is to achieve a relatively less painful deceleration, rather than a re-acceleration of the kind seen in 2009/10."
Source: Societe Generale

SocGen: Global Economic Outlook 2013 - 2017 - Business Insider
@Chinese-Dragon @ahfatzia

so you do not accuse me of the Gordon Chang phenomena.

Last edited by a moderator:
China still faces a bumpy landing in 2013 as policymakers take a more cautious approach to easing

2013: 7.4 percent
2014: 7.2 percent
2015: 6.9 percent
2016: 6.9 percent
2017: 6.5 percent

Forecast highlights
As the global economy is unstable hopes of external demand supporting Chinese economic growth are fading. Policymakers have taken a cautious approach toward easing which shows they are serious about change.
There's a 30 percent chance of a hard landing and a 10 percent chance of over stimulation. A bumpy landing is most likely.
"We think Beijing is well aware that the sensible goal is to achieve a relatively less painful deceleration, rather than a re-acceleration of the kind seen in 2009/10."
Source: Societe Generale

SocGen: Global Economic Outlook 2013 - 2017 - Business Insider

You're missing the elephant in the room. India's falling growth, and soaring inflation + debt-to-GDP ratio (higher than Spain's) + fiscal deficit (highest in BRICs).

Besides, 7% growth is fantastic for an economy that was worth 7.3 trillion in 2011.

On the other hand, 4.5% growth for a country that was worth 1.5 trillion in 2011....

Nothing to say ? i counter you on anything despite knowing you mainly bring party approved news which could be the equivalent of Gordon Chang's contortions.

I rest my case, your Honor, Mr Chang spoke loud and clear for me already.

You're missing the elephant in the room. India's falling growth, and soaring inflation + debt-to-GDP ratio (higher than Spain's) + fiscal deficit (highest in BRICs).

Besides, 7% growth is fantastic for an economy that was worth 7.3 trillion in 2011.

On the other hand, 4.5% growth for a country that was worth 1.5 trillion in 2011....

I generally dont talk about India, this past recent months have taught me that the majority here on PDF is completely out of touch with reality, i would not dare make any predictions on their behalf. It's anyone's guess what will happen there.

I rest my case, your Honor, Mr Chang spoke loud and clear for me already.

There's a good saying that goes, always pick the battles you can win.

I generally dont talk about India, this past recent months have taught me that the majority here on PDF is completely out of touch with reality, i would not dare make any predictions on their behalf. It's anyone's guess what will happen there.

I know how reluctant you are to criticize India, being of Indian descent yourself.

But if you truly want to be objective, then just take a look at any financial indicators from GDP growth, debt-to-GDP ratio, high inflation, massive fiscal/budget deficits, etc.

There is a reason that S&P as well as Fitch are both threatening to downgrade India to junk status, not China. Even though in your biased mind it should be the other way around.

I know how reluctant you are to criticize India, being of Indian descent yourself.

But if you truly want to be objective, then just take a look at any financial indicators from GDP growth, debt-to-GDP ratio, high inflation, massive fiscal/budget deficits, etc.

There is a reason S&P as well as Fitch are both threatening to downgrade India to junk status, not China.

I urge you to ask any of the Indians if they feel i am one of "theirs". I've had numerous spats with quite a few already (cheerleader type), someone like @KRAIT can probably confirm this.

in re to objectivity, one cannot be objective around CCP figures, sorry.

Majority of Indians are reactive here on PDF. When you are bashed from all directions, you tend to start showing your achievements and hide your problems. Still Indians also discuss their weaknesses if you are involved in good discussion, but when it becomes d-measuring contest, even rational one will behave in same way.

If you look at Indian Space program, we discuss how many problems we are facing, we discuss why China is ahead of us, but when people from other countries start bringing poverty, malnutrition in Space related thread, its obvious that Indians will go on defensive and prove why the space program is important.

There are many threads where Indians and Chinese are involved in good discussion until someone from third nation spoils the party. :D

Another thing, Indians on PDF are not to be taken as basis for entire Indian thinking. In reality, most of the Indians are too much focused on Indian problems and problems they face.

Just a thing that I thought you should know. :enjoy:

Majority of Indians are reactive here on PDF. When you are bashed from all directions, you tend to start showing your achievements and hide your problems. Still Indians also discuss their weaknesses if you are involved in good discussion, but when it becomes d-measuring contest, even rational one will behave in same way.

If you look at Indian Space program, we discuss how many problems we are facing, we discuss why China is ahead of us, but when people from other countries start bringing poverty, malnutrition in Space related thread, its obvious that Indians will go on defensive and prove why the space program is important.

There are many threads where Indians and Chinese are involved in good discussion until someone from third nation spoils the party. :D

Another thing, Indians on PDF are not to be taken as basis for entire Indian thinking. In reality, most of the Indians are too much focused on Indian problems and problems they face.

Just a thing that I thought you should know. :enjoy:

Damn dude, you are right on que! Telepathy ftw! Or you just lurk a lot! xD

There is a reason that S&P as well as Fitch are both threatening to downgrade India to junk status, not China. Even though in your biased mind it should be the other way around.
Buddy @Audio is right. I confirm that he often criticize India. Not in typical troll fashion, but with reasoning.

I agree, I don't agree with most of his comments, but he is far better critic than garden variety critics who give apples to argue on discussion on oranges.

I urge you to ask any of the Indians if they feel i am one of "theirs". I've had numerous spats with quite a few already (cheerleader type), someone like @KRAIT can probably confirm this.

So a random European decides to suddenly post Gordon Chang predictions of doom for China (even though he knows that bringing that kind of source is grasping at straws)...

Meanwhile, India's indicators are all significantly worse than China's (worse than all the other BRICs in fact) and you are so reluctant to offer even one single word of criticism? :lol:

You may be a European citizen, but your bias is coming from the fact that you are of Indian descent. And that is understandable, even if you have to grasp at such sources.

Damn dude, you are right on que! Telepathy ftw! Or you just lurk a lot! xD
Nope buddy. Just logged in. I just saw your post in which you quoted me just after posting this post. :lol:

You see, I got you. BTW I did some research back in days on transfer of thoughts through mathematical equations. May be that has improved my brain. :D

So a random European decides to suddenly post Gordon Chang predictions of doom for China (even though he knows that bringing that kind of source is grasping at straws)...

Meanwhile, India's indicators are all significantly worse than China's (worse than all the other BRICs in fact) and you are so reluctant to offer even one single word of criticism? :lol:

You may be a European citizen, but your bias is coming from the fact that you are of Indian descent. And that is understandable, even if you have to grasp at the most poor of sources, as you even acknowledged yourself.

lol, it's not just mr. Chang. Other financial institutions are beginning to see it as well. You are repeating yourself with the Indian mantra. :D

I expected more. Anyhow i wish you both nations a prosperous future as i wish it for myself. But some stuff has to be said iregardless...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom