What's new

Why is Cricket is liked most as a religion in the Subcontinent??

epsilon

Reaction score
Why not football?? present ur views ....why u like cricket?? I too started liking cricket, though my fav is Ice Hockey:victory:

Honestly,

Hockey is the best.India-Pak games are the stuff of legend,even thouhg cricket games from 80s to 2003 were also great.

^^ games like football are not the cup of tea for subcontinent people

generally, subcontinent people are not strong as white/black people and have comparatively less stamina

thus they prefer games which require not very high stamina and strength like cricket

another reason is British Raj

Before 1983, cricket was not famous in india...
Football and rugby was more famous...
My father who grew up in a village, never knew what was cricket till he came to coll...
It became famous after Kapil Dev lifted the world Cup in 1983...
So If we see an improved performance by our football team, like winning Asia cup or qualifying fa the world Cup, Footballl too will become a top sport in Subcontinent...

generally, subcontinent people are not strong as white/black people and have comparatively less stamina

thus they prefer games which require not very high stamina and strength like cricket

U r wrong in this..
Our football team were runner up in 1960 Asia cup...
We too had players, but lost way...

we are poor nation..cricket's stuffs are cheap to buy...u just need a ball and bat and can play anywhere.

British rule may be a cause, But England Football and Cricket are given equal preference. perhaps cricket is their National Game,

Why is football liked as a religion in Europe???

Beats me :meeting:

Also: Cricket is boring. Just some guy hitting a little ball with a stick and make sure the ball doesn't hit other sticks!

of late i have seen so many people in age group of 16-30 who are ardent followers of club football of EU/CopaAmerica etc.. football following is picking up.

Why is football liked as a religion in Europe???

Beats me :meeting:

Also: Cricket is boring. Just some guy hitting a little ball with a stick and make sure the ball doesn't hit other sticks!

ha ha :P tat was funny one... I too think like you

Thats not true,even though the strength and stamina part is kinda true but is no big deal.we can play decent football.

Is all about good training,genetics has nothing to do with that.

LOL, wtf are you talking about?

Whites and blacks have more endurance?

Maybe you Indians are eating too many parathas and being coddled too much by your mums, but If you go to Pakistan and in the villages you can find children that can run many kilometers without losing their breath.

Last time I was excited about Hockey World cup and actually followed it but the performance of Indian Team made me to abandon that. Football is famous and getting more famous in India but North-Easterns, Bengalis and Goans are crazy about football.

Swimming,Basketball and Football requires more stamina than any other games. Test Cricket also requires a lot of stamina. People like Mohd.Yousuf ,Dravid - they bat for weeks :) lol :taz:

Back
Top Bottom