What's new

Why is our full history not taught to us in Pakistan Studies?

Turks have 1000s year of history Pakistan doesn't
How?

As a firm admirer of modern Turkey, and of its creator, Ataturk, I see its existence as barely a century old.

If we include the Ottomans, that is still 724 years.

Add the Seljuks; the combined history goes back another 262 years, a total of 986 years.

If we count their years on the steppes, the figure crosses a 1,000 years. Not unless we add that to their existence in Anatolia.

Pakistan studies and Islamitization allowed Indians to steal Pakistani history and heritage.
What did Indians steal? This is an utterly ridiculous argument.

From a different thread, but still relevant to your claim.

View attachment 926959
These arguments are powerful, but contentious.

In a democracy, everyone counts for one and no one counts for more than one.
That is totally fallacious.

Last edited:
It is difficult to state that this is not history, but a great deal of current affairs, yet not analysed by professional historians, should not be taught as history.

What has been written so far about the post 1947 period is largely journalistic output, not to be relied upon.

My personal opinion, as a graduate of historical studies, and a lifelong student of history.
All nations teach history through their own narratives irrespective of historical studies. And recent and old history both are linked to current events. Even till today, Pakistan's Islamic identity is debated. All I am advocating is to teach recent historical events which can be impactful and inform the citizens about Pakistan under Pakistan Studies. Professional historians have an independent and much more balanced perspective than what is taught to us in history which in my personal opinion is brain-washing.
I do understand your point, I am all for it at school level, as not most education of citizens are at graduate level, where history is relatively taught in less manipulative way.

All nations teach history through their own narratives irrespective of historical studies. And recent and old history both are linked to current events. Even till today, Pakistan's Islamic identity is debated. All I am advocating is to teach recent historical events which can be impactful and inform the citizens about Pakistan under Pakistan Studies. Professional historians have an independent and much more balanced perspective than what is taught to us in history which in my personal opinion is brain-washing.
I do understand your point, I am all for it at school level, as not most education of citizens are at graduate level, where history is relatively taught in less manipulative way.
Sir,

If you think YOU have a problem with your school curriculum of history, just take a look next door.

For your information, evolution, as a mention, not in history, has been excised. The Mughals no longer exist. Indian social media is full of outraged mirth, with memes showing events between 1000 AD and 1757 taking place with only one side of very many disputes visible.

As for your note, I see your point very clearly, and cannot fault it. My discomfort remains but clearly, you have established there is reasonable ground for the expansion you have suggested.

For your information, evolution, as a mention, not in history, has been excised. The Mughals no longer exist. Indian social media is full of outraged mirth, with memes showing events between 1000 AD and 1757 taking place with only one side of very many disputes visible.
Pakistan and India are not all that different afterall, huh? : (

Pakistan and India are not all that different afterall, huh? : (

Sadly, no.

The same description applies: a country full of decent people, injected with religiosity by unscrupulous political and social leaders, and saddled with dreadfully bad leadership.

Pakistan's situation today is a topic largely avoided on insaniyat nowadays, as the other member of that private forum who is a member of PDF will testify. In fact, he is one of those who sometimes brings it up, to some degree of embarrassment among the Indians there; it is different if one of the Pakistanis brings up a Pakistan-related subject, on which it then seems legitimate for us to comment.

And what’s wild is that historians abroad still don’t accept India‘s desperate attempts to “Gangify” the Indus.

They still question why Pakistan refuses to accept its ancient history. I’ve seen this countless of times from Wikipedia all the way to National Geographic.

I’ve learned more about our ancient past from FOREIGN SOURCES than from our own textbooks.

How many Pakistanis know the the origins of dentistry is from Mehrgarh? Or the Cotton Industry basically began in Pakistan? One of the earliest farming societies in human history began here? Or the fact one of the earliest chess games was invented by our ancestors!

It’s such a shame…

Indus inventions

National Geographic, BBC and Wikipedia typically accredit our history to India. On Wiki if anything is challenging the Indian narrative is because of Pakistanis and neutral bodies there.

Otherwise Wikipedia has a large Indian lobby there that rigs Pakistani articles with Indian propaganda. The whole Wikipedia system and bureaucracy are corrupt.

National Geographic, BBC and Wikipedia typically accredit our history to India. On Wiki if anything is challenging the Indian narrative is because of Pakistanis and neutral bodies there.

Otherwise Wikipedia has a large Indian lobby there that rigs Pakistani articles with Indian propaganda. The whole Wikipedia system and bureaucracy are corrupt.

True but luckily I managed to save the history of Pakistan template. I basically edited it to its present version and out the Indus priest King head as the main picture. This was 2017.

Wiki is trash.

Full history is too long and complicated

Do you want kids to fail Pakistan studies ?

No such thing as Ancient India.

Only in the geographical sense. But the people of the Indus did not have a concept of "India" as in a proper kingdom or country.

Sapata Sindhu aka Hindu aka Indica aka India were most likely only geographical and were not in the territory of the country that adopted the name.

Only in the geographical sense. But the people of the Indus did not have a concept of "India" as in a proper kingdom or country.

Sapata Sindhu aka Hindu aka Indica aka India were most likely only geographical and were not in the territory of the country that adopted the name.
Good points my man.

our history should cover all subjects but streamlined to help dumb pakistanis pupils get thru it.

The euro savages built their wealth by stealing them from the rest of the world and now they lecture us about adopting their culture and values to become successful. This is why I hate desi liberals so much because they simplify their views to look at how prosperous so and so European country is so we need to be like them, without taking into account the 400 years of earth transfer from east and south to the west!

That 400 years of wealth transfer has not stopped.

It continues with brain drain.

And also actions by western proxy chamcha agents.

The more destabilization and chaos in our South Asian countries, the more the West gains from it.

Fishing in muddied waters.

We need to stabilize our countries, and not let these Western agents gain any upper hand.

Stability means progress. Asia and the Middle East was once the center of the world when the EU was mired in uncivilized darkness.

Our loss was their gain past the crusades.

Stability should be the number one priority and that is what the Chinese are doing right now.

It is a new world order and the West is not happy with it.

@Beast, @etylo, @beijingwalker and @rott brothers - your take on this please....

Last edited:
That 400 years of wealth transfer has not stopped.

It continues with brain drain.

And also actions by western proxy chamcha agents.

The more destabilization and chaos in our South Asian countries, the more the West gains from it.

Fishing in muddied waters.

We need to stabilize our countries, and not let these Western agents gain any upper hand.

Stability means progress. Asia and the Middle East was once the center of the world when the EU was mired in uncivilized darkness.

Our loss was their gain past the crusades.

Stability should be the number one priority and that is what the Chinese are doing right now.

It is a new world order and the West is not happy with it.

@Beast, @etylo, @beijingwalker and @ rott brothers - your take on this please....

Problem is they left behind Muslim Brotherhood in Sunni lands and RSS/BJps in hindoo lands to ensure destabilization continues. Then there’s the handpicked well funded entities and individuals who do their biddings ie Zelenskyy, Musharraf, Sisi, Saud family, Saddam Hussain etc. it’s a long game and they’re winning. When things become fair, they will regress back to what they were in history, nothing.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom