What's new

WHY Pakistanis don't like the US?

DJ_Viper

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had debates with friends from all walks of lives and nations. It is very obvious that the sentiment in Pakistan is against the US.

However, I've never understood a few things and this thread is being created for us to all talk. PLEASE REFRAIN from emotional, stupid, and disrespectful messages. The PURPOSE is to find out a few of the MAIN reasons as to why Pakistanis don't trust the US as a friend. Please note that " they attacked our brother country called Afghanistan" is not a reason. Afghans hate Pakistanis anyway. Similarly, they support Israel isn't a very practical answer either. This is just the US foreign policy at work and Pakistan has that too.

The purpose of this thread is to really highlight some critical viewpoints from a PAKISTANI standpoint. What the US hasn't done for Pakistan to be its friend. What should it do to actually be a friend in an ordinary Pakistani's eyes.
Please participate in this thread as this will help us all in identifying some key aspects of average Pakistani's view points. Thank you.

I've had debates with friends from all walks of lives and nations. It is very obvious that the sentiment in Pakistan is against the US.

However, I've never understood a few things and this thread is being created for us to all talk. PLEASE REFRAIN from emotional, stupid, and disrespectful messages. The PURPOSE is to find out a few of the MAIN reasons as to why Pakistanis don't trust the US as a friend. Please note that " they attacked our brother country called Afghanistan" is not a reason. Afghans hate Pakistanis anyway. Similarly, they support Israel isn't a very practical answer either. This is just the US foreign policy at work and Pakistan has that too.

The purpose of this thread is to really highlight some critical viewpoints from a PAKISTANI standpoint. What the US hasn't done for Pakistan to be its friend. What should it do to actually be a friend in an ordinary Pakistani's eyes.
Please participate in this thread as this will help us all in identifying some key aspects of average Pakistani's view points. Thank you.

the biggest reason is us attitude toward pakistan
and drones are killing more pakistani civilians then the terrorist attacks
+media
thats pretty much it

may be they hold the grudge as US Army carried successful raid on osama just 40 kms from isalmabad, and it caught their military with no explainations...?

OR

They simply believe that current pakistani govt is 100% US puppet, and consider US as the ultimate culprit of whatever the position pakistan is in now. ?
I dont mean to be rude but he specifically asked the Pakistani pov not yours, so kindly butt out!

Pakistani establishment requires some issue to hold various elements in Pakistan together, given the unrest inside Pakistan, the issues in the past have ranged from Soviets to Kashmir and India in general and now it is US.

One of the main reason is the growing proximity between India and America. Also, the fact that America has caught them red handed in their double games in the war on terror and questioning them to show their worth for the money they are getting..

Ok brother i will try to be as much neutral as much i can. Here is my experience, These are the main reasons which i have seen for their dislike.

First let me tell you, Pakistanis don't dislike america in general. You will see most Pakistanis dislike their foreign policy.

I have seen many liberal and also many many islamist type of people who like america because of their hardwork.

Now come to foreign policy.

The main reason is most Pakistanis think america used Pakistan for its own purpose and whenever Pakistan needed help they ran away. America is involved in killing Pakistani leaders like zulfiqar ali bhutto and zia.

In 1960's we were purchasing arms from america but when we needed them the most in 1965 war they stopped supplying arms which created huge problem for us here a friend will never do this only an enemy will do this.

In 1971 we wanted their help and they left us alone. Start trolling by saying that they will send air carrier. which will of course take months to reach here while there are other fast transport system to help in simple words they didn't wanted to help that's all this trolling.

In 1980's they wanted our help and we gave them in soviet afghan war as much as we can even they recognise our help in 1980's we fought their war we lost billions of dollars we lost hundreds of lives. This war introduced militancy in Pakistan from which we are suffering today. we did everything to help them and what we got in return?

Sanctions.

We were under pressure in 1990's we wanted to make our atomic bomb to create balance of power in the region but america tried its best to tease Pakistan they did everything to stop it they asked formally they pressurised pakistan to stop it keep in mind how much atomic bomb is important to Pakistan it is one of the most important deterrent against india frankly speaking.

But they imposed sanctions on Pakistan in 1990's i guess forex reserve was all time low 3 million. Pakistan conomically collapsed all this was the gift given to us in return for our efforts for them in 1980's which gave Pakistan huge loses, we are still suffering bacause of it.

In 2000's they threatened us to bomb us to stone age if we didn't helped them they entered in afghanistan and start blaming us for their mistakes now they are bombing our tribal belt. And some of them are even saying to enter their army in Pakistan.

For sure any friend will not do this but enemy will do this.

Pakistani establishment requires some issue to hold various elements in Pakistan together, given the unrest inside Pakistan, the issues in the past have ranged from Soviets to Kashmir and India in general and now it is US.

I think Pakistan has now much press & media related freedom that the people of Pakistan can know about the truth and form their own brains without the Pakistani establishment to do anything.

Hope Indians get over this Establishment obsession and learn that Pak people are no more controlled through state sponsored propaganda or their thinking is formulated by the Pak establishment.

One of the main reason is the growing proximity between India and America. Also, the fact that America has caught them red handed in their double games in the war on terror and questioning them to show their worth for the money they are getting..

US-India relations have nothing much to do with our thinking about the US, this is very natural and had to happen one day, as this is what the US is good at.

To Indians, double games of Pakistan are visible, but the double games of US are never visible, that is also very much understandable.

If you dont want Indians to respond, post your $hit in a Pakistan only forum.....

I think, before you guys bring in your $hiet, the statement is very logical, as the thread started is asking something from a Pakistani perspective

"The purpose of this thread is to really highlight some critical viewpoints from a PAKISTANI standpoint."

Above line is what the thread started specifically asked.

So, Indians replying to it with their usual BS & hate for Pakistan, doesn't goes with the scope of this thread.

US-India relations have nothing much to do with our thinking about the US, this is very natural and had to happen one day, as this is what the US is good at.

To Indians, double games of Pakistan are visible, but the double games of US are never visible, that is also very much understandable.

I think the real distrust of USA began when USA refused to side with Pakistan during Kargil and Nawaz Sharif was given the tongue lashing by Clinton when NS went to Washington to seek his support for a honorable way out for Pakistan out of the Kargil mess. The refusal to side with Pakistan resulted in a huge national embarrassment for Pakistan, especially Pakistani Military... Its reflected int he fact that since Kargil, Pakistan who, on a regular basis used to ask for US intervention in Kashmir, has virtually stopped singing that tune...

I think Pakistan has now much press & media related freedom that the people of Pakistan can know about the truth and form their own brains without the Pakistani establishment to do anything.

Hope Indians get over this Establishment obsession and learn that Pak people are no more controlled through state sponsored propaganda or their thinking is formulated by the Pak establishment.

Right if it is not the establishment it is the various grass root organisations which have biased the public, 19 people have died protesting for a video and those protest were lead by whom exactly?

Anyways, only an external factor destabilising Pakistan is still the most popular feeling I get even on these forums...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom