What's new

Why Türkiye should rethink its relations with India

Well I can also give example of how all Muslims kings colluded to bring down Vijayanagara Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Talikota

The point was all those kings were fighting each other or for themselves.

It would have been great had all of those kings joined hands against the European imperialist forces. But they did not. That is the fact and we are yet to learn from that history. Today, We are still fighting India vs Pakistan or Hindu vs Muslim instead of uniting for the greater good of the people of the subcontinent.
Nope. I'm referring to marathas working with European colonialists to undermine a son of the Indian soil.

Your example demonstrates no betrayal of this sort. Certainly, Hindu and Muslim city states fought against each other routinely, nothing wrong with friendly local competition but to stab your local boy in the back following a European pay off...that's a different thing entirely.

Anyway I don't wish to derail this thread further so we must probably agree to disagree on Gandhi vs Tipu.

Back when I was young and deeply conservative, I hatted Ataturk.
Now, I can see how right he was.
I think he went a little too far in some parts, but every Muslim country needs an Ataturk or we will never ever progress and will always be the victims of outsiders.
You get it.:tup::tup::tup:
Worth 1000,000 positive ratings.

Back when I was young and deeply conservative, I hatted Ataturk.
Now, I can see how right he was.
I think he went a little too far in some parts, but every Muslim country needs an Ataturk or we will never ever progress and will always be the victims of outsiders.

Abe, Jinnah and Ataturk?

Nope. I'm referring to marathas working with European colonialists to undermine a son of the Indian soil.

Your example demonstrates no betrayal of this sort. Certainly, Hindu and Muslim city states fought against each other routinely, nothing wrong with friendly local competition but to stab your local boy in the back following a European pay off...that's a different thing entirely.

Anyway I don't wish to derail this thread further so we must probably agree to disagree on Gandhi vs Tipu.

I have nothing against Tipu. He was a proud son of the soil like any other king of the subcontinent.

The reason why I brought up Vijayanagara Empire is that it is the same region which Tipu ruled where Hindus felt that were deceived by the Muslims 200 years before Tipu ruled.

If Tipu had Hindu commanders, Rama Raya too had Muslim commanders.

The Muslim Sultanates to the north of Vijayanagara united and attacked Aliya Rama Raya's army, on 26 January 1565, in an engagement known as the Battle of Talikota.[2] The armies clashed on the plains near the villages of Rakkasagi and Tangadigi (it is also known as the Battle of Rakkasagi-Tangadi).[3]

The Vijayanagara army was winning the battle, but the tide turned when two Muslim commanders (the Gilani brothers) of the Vijayanagara army switched sides and turned their loyalty to the united Sultanates.[4] At this critical point of the battle, a subversive attack was launched by them. Suddenly Aliya Rama Raya found himself surprised when the two divisions in his ranks turned against him.[5] They captured Aliya Rama Raya and beheaded him on the spot, with Sultan Hussain on the Sultanates side joining them.[6][7]

My limited point was that after all that bad blood between Hindus and Muslims over the centuries, Gandhi tried to bring both Muslims and Hindus to unite to fight the British. For that effort, he should be greatly commended.

I agree that we should discuss this on a separate thread rather than derailing this thread.

Jinnah was our Attaturk but he died before he could fully secularize Pakistan.
So we had to go through the 70s to now where the crazy conservatives took over the insane asylum.
Remember, Pakistan was the most prosperous when it was secular.

Ataturk was a military man with steel of balls plus he ruled for close to two decades leaving a legacy not saying Jinnah was bad but our founding leader was old and dying man sigh his legacy has been changed so much through the decades by differing rulers

Jinnah was our Attaturk but he died before he could fully secularize Pakistan.
So we had to go through the 70s to now where the crazy conservatives took over the insane asylum.
Remember, Pakistan was the most prosperous when it was secular.

Make another thread if you want but there is no evidence for any of the 3 claims you have made above.

Let the Turks and Indians work on the thread.

Make another thread if you want but there is no evidence for any of the 3 claims you have made above.

Let the Turks and Indians work on the thread.
We already butted heads on this El Sidd sahab, you and I are not in agreement, which is fine.

Wishes don't make arguments Rusty Saab.

Not the thread for it.

I tried to diplomatically disengage you as, like you said, this is not the place for it.
But you really needed to act like poo poo head?!

Back
Top Bottom