What's new

Wil pak expats bet on pakistan?

@cricketrulez

Looks to me like the issue is increased imports in 2022? What led to a $20b increase imports?

Higher petroleum prices and prices of most other commodities, mainly

Regards

The total import bill of the country increased to $80.02 billion during fiscal year 2021/2022 as compared with $58.38 billion in the preceding fiscal year, according to data released by Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).Jul 5, 2022
More expensive oil?

The country that punishes us for leaving it? One that took our voting rights away? Seems like the ONLY thing Pakistan is interested from it’s expats is their money. And I shall say, go to hell.

If IK returns, yes 99% of expats will help. And they themselves can bring this stupid country from brink of bankruptcy back to its glory days. However, after that some serious change in laws is needed.

Not anymore... What Estab has done to destroy Pakistan, there is no way Expats will invest in pakistan unless.

1) Military accountability is allowed. Starting with Treason case on Bajwa and his co conspirators.
2) Biometric balloting takes place and elections are allowed
3) NAB is reinstated.
4) Nawaz and cronies are put behind bar, along wit accountability of judges.
5) Corrupt at put behind bar.

In short what khan says … rule of law

The country that punishes us for leaving it? One that took our voting rights away? Seems like the ONLY thing Pakistan is interested from it’s expats is their money. And I shall say, go to hell.

If IK returns, yes 99% of expats will help. And they themselves can bring this stupid country from brink of bankruptcy back to its glory days. However, after that some serious change in laws is needed.

Even if IK is back, the trust factor is gone completely. At the same time, he will attract voters, but not the money. The establishment has shown an ugly side the older generation knew, but the current refused to believe and was given a reality check. As part of the newer generation, I would stay away from investing in the country unless there is an ironclad agreement and proper checks and balances.

NEVER COUNT ANYONE OUT INCLUDING PAKISTAN
However dire things may seem, people and countries have a way of surviving.

For Pakistan I think it is just a matter of few things lining up, for them to get back up on their feet:

1) A couple of good leaders
2) A couple of bold geo-political decisions

That is it.

You have agriculture, some industry, a basic educational infrastructure. THis is the fundamental requirement for development. Same as Bangladesh. Look at how far they have come now.

Plus the good deeds of your ancestors (punya) will kick in at some point.

Doesn't that mean forex reserve issue and current crisis would be there regardless of whoever is in charge of governing the country?
That is correct but regime change led to increase outflow of dollars and a bigger crises.

That is correct but regime change led to increase outflow of dollars and a bigger crises.
Outflow? what outflow? can you provide some support to that statement

Forex reserves = (Exports + remittances) - imports

Pak Imports went up by ~$18-20b in 2022 and Pak forex reserve went down by ~ the same amount

How would any charge of the govt. change that?

I agree that pegging to the dollar didn't help, but that is not the root cause based on available data. If you have additional info, I'm happy to listen

I will pick up small investment bond , but only if Imran Khan comes to power with full 2/3 majority

Making my pledge today small monthly investment per paycheck

If Pakistan will open an Investment Fund , for Direct Investment like the Roshan Digital Program yes I will only consider it when Imran Khan is in Government (Full 2/3 majority)

Kick out trash
  • Trash bilawal (Put Agricultural Tax on his fat ***)
  • Trash Maryem
  • Trash Shabaz
  • Trash Khakan
  • Trash Zardari
  • Trash Fazlu
  • Trash Dar
  • Trash Buscuit factory wala
  • Trash Cheeni Choor
  • Trash Lohe Ka Chana

Last edited:
5 year of political stability and gradual economic growth and I will think about it.

Outflow? what outflow? can you provide some support to that statement

Forex reserves = (Exports + remittances) - imports

Pak Imports went up by ~$18-20b in 2022 and Pak forex reserve went down by ~ the same amount

How would any charge of the govt. change that?

I agree that pegging to the dollar didn't help, but that is not the root cause based on available data. If you have additional info, I'm happy to listen
Outflow only makes situation worse with dollars but is not the cause of this. More people buy dollars to send abroad during political instability. Rupee loses value and less dollars with banks.

Back
Top Bottom