What's new

Wing Commander Abhinandan rejoins squadron

Abhi hero ban kar aate hain or zero ban kar jaate hain... :pop:

There is proof though. Videos and both air forces accept two planes being shot down further shown to be a 2 seater by parachutes. IAF credits Abhinandan for shooting down F-16 and no other pilot's name is even mentioned. PAF displays Abhinandan's missiles to have been unfired along with Abhinandan's statement he was "looking" for his target is more than enough to prove he didn't shoot anything. IAF shows piece of AMRAAM that was blown up indicating it hit something and later releases an official patch for SU-30 the dodger. What is the proof of F-16 being shot down? A few radar images and a blown up AMRAAM when they could easily have Abhinandan say F-16 was shot down or Modi acknowledge it even. But they know it's BS so it's 100% proven that second plane is Indian.

Regarding your second question some cannot forgive Abhinandan because his original intention was not to sip chai in Pakistan and also because Indian behavior at the time it happened was very shameful, a lot of them were disowning him because he had a mustache or he didn't "look" Indian. You can also see a lot of Pakistanis on this thread praising his professionalism as well.

I have seen many analysts see the pics and say that at least one of the missiles doesn't look intact and also the pictures of the missiles could be fabricated. Again, I won't argue over this since i dont have much knowledge of this stuff but just letting you know.

Besides, why has Pakistan never explained who was the second pilot they caught ? and then even some Pakistani villagers claimed capturing another pilot at a different location than where Abhinandan was captured. How come there has been no explaination for these things ? The second plane to go down could have been a Pakistani F 16.

Anyway, I don't want to debate over speculations. The only thing proven till now is India's loss of a MiG 21. Stick to that.

I have seen many analysts see the pics and say that at least one of the missiles doesn't look intact and also the pictures of the missiles could be fabricated. Again, I won't argue over this since i dont have much knowledge of this stuff but just letting you know.

Besides, why has Pakistan never explained who was the second pilot they caught ? and then even some Pakistani villagers claimed capturing another pilot at a different location than where Abhinandan was captured. How come there has been no explaination for these things ? The second plane to go down could have been a Pakistani F 16.

Anyway, I don't want to debate over speculations. The only thing proven till now is India's loss of a MiG 21. Stick to that.
your 2ns point regarding confusion of 2nd pilot : It was just fog of battle, several units on ground were reporting the capture of the same pilot. DG ISPR has also explained it. by the time pic was clear it turned out that there was just one pilot. the reports by civ capturing another one is all bullshit, if Army professionals were confused in reporting than you can well imagine speculation of civilians.

your 2ns point regarding confusion of 2nd pilot : It was just fog of battle, several units on ground were reporting the capture of the same pilot. DG ISPR has also explained it. by the time pic was clear it turned out that there was just one pilot. the reports by civ capturing another one is all bullshit, if Army professionals were confused in reporting than you can well imagine speculation of civilians.

Calling it a fog of war is not enough. Don't forget initially there were claims of capturing 3 pilots by Pakistan, then after several hours, 2 then after more hours 1. That's too much fog of war for too long man. And what kind of professionalism is this that a DG ISPR and the PM both makes public statements without complete confirmation on the facts ?

Look, we can keep debating till cows come home about whether there was 2nd jet which fell and if it did, which was it. My point is that such debates are fruitless because neither do I have concrete proof of downed F-16 nor do you have concrete proof of a downed 2nd Indian jet. All speculation about what may have happened. I believe in debating with facts and proof and the only conrete proof available right now is a downed Indian Mig 21, so I will stick to that. You are free to speculate.

My question is when will the Indians honor their fallen heroes who were killed when Pakistan retaliated? From what I heard some very high level officers of the Indian military brass were severely injured/killed during Pakistani bombardment. I have yet to see or hear anything about their heroism..

Calling it a fog of war is not enough. Don't forget initially there were claims of capturing 3 pilots by Pakistan, then after several hours, 2 then after more hours 1. That's too much fog of war for too long man. And what kind of professionalism is this that a DG ISPR and the PM both makes public statements without complete confirmation on the facts ?

Look, we can keep debating till cows come home about whether there was 2nd jet which fell and if it did, which was it. My point is that such debates are fruitless because neither do I have concrete proof of downed F-16 nor do you have concrete proof of a downed 2nd Indian jet. All speculation about what may have happened. I believe in debating with facts and proof and the only conrete proof available right now is a downed Indian Mig 21, so I will stick to that. You are free to speculate.
u can believe what you want but there never was another pilot, just like you think you cant hide an SU 30 if its really shot down similarly we cant hide an F 16 if it was really shot, so no other pilot and maybe no other aircraft at all

Calling it a fog of war is not enough. Don't forget initially there were claims of capturing 3 pilots by Pakistan, then after several hours, 2 then after more hours 1.

There never ever was any official claim of capturing 3 pilots.

So many people flashing smartphones inside the base ?why are not smartphones banned inside the base ? is it not a security risk ?

So many people flashing smartphones inside the base ?why are not smartphones banned inside the base ? is it not a security risk ?

I have never been to one. But I think that these bases must be having residences, recreational facilities etc etc. There would be areas, where guests would also be allowed. This may be some such area.

In certain restricted zones only, I think, no mobile or such thing would be allowed.

Last edited:
I have never been to one. But I think that these based must be having residences, recreational facilities etc etc. There would be areas, where guests would also be allowed. This may be some such area.

In certain restricted zones only, I think, no mobile or such thing would be allowed.
Yeah banned it here as well but rules are bit relaxed.

won't be surprised if somehow he dies in a mysterious jet crash after sometime just the navy seals in OBL operation

won't be surprised if somehow he dies in a mysterious jet crash after sometime just the navy seals in OBL operation
that was just a myth, most of the navy seals who participated in operation neptune spear are alive, 2 have even written books.

Dear Abhi
We will be waitng to for your next visit to Pakistan,
( Tea this time will be more expensive, a tea cup values more than a mig21 now!)
regards
your host.

Back
Top Bottom