What's new

With Jobs at Home Scarce, Young Chinese Are Heading to Africa

LOL! Does it sound like from this article that Africa was their preferred choice of where they wanted to end up after they graduated?

Sometimes stranded in a dorm room because their bosses didn't want them to venture outside the complex without permission?

Is that how those American MBA's in say Dubai live? Stranded in some company's dorm? LOL!!
How old are you? why you are so easily to be fooled? grow a brain,do some research before bullshitting. you just unconditionally buy whatever crap your media feeds you, don't you?

Then why US want to invest in China and force China to open up

How old are you? why you are so easily to be fooled? grow a brain,do some research before bullshitting. you just unconditionally buy whatever crap your media feeds you, don't you?

Why don't you move there...sounds like a far far far better life than you could have in China..right?

How come you don't have a brain...and not notice how you missed this golden opportunity?

The fact is you were a lucky one who found a decent job in China...however many other college grads are not so lucky and couldn't find a decent paying job..and now have to work outside the country...and not really by choice...more out of desperation.

Last edited:
lOl, how many Chinese working in Africa? do you even have a number?

How come you are working in China...why were you so easily fooled into staying in China instead of working in Africa? How come you are not interested in the "good life" of working outside of China in countries like the Democratic Republic of the Congo like these people have to do..straight out of college..for years on end?

Last edited:
How come you are working in China...why were you so easily fooled into staying in China instead of working in Africa? How come you are not interested in the "good life" of working outside of China in countries like the Democratic Republic of the Congo like these people have to do..straight out of college..for years on end?
China's domestic competition is increasing, and Chinese capital is investing more and more overseas, so there are more and more job opportunities for overseas assignments. This phenomenon occurs in any country.

I'm not surprised. I bet many places in Africa beat India/China in hygiene and air quality. May be a happy upgrade for some of the rural Chinese students.
The environmental sanitation in Africa can only be said to be better than that in India, but the natural environment is really good, but the medical treatment for diseases in Africa is still relatively lacking, and the air quality in southern China is still good

Last edited:
In a sense, this is also a competition for the supply of high-level education, and there is an oversupply of universities. From the demographic dividend to the engineer dividend.
Isn't there a time machine theory? Going to a post-developing country to invest and start a business has a better chance of achieving class advancement. China is getting closer and closer to solidification. In the future, in the field of infrastructure construction engineering, Asian, African and Latin American countries and some traditional manufacturing and service industries should have similar overseas assignments in other developing countries.

It means your country doesn't have the white collar jobs available at a decent wage to support its own college graduating citizens...forcing them to seek work outside the country.
People go where opportunities are, that's human nature. I'm sure your ancestors came to America for the same reason: Lack of opportunities back home

Africa is gonna be a huge friggin' market 20 to 50 years from now.
The chinese are just planning the first move.

Why don't you move there...sounds like a far far far better life than you could have in China..right?

How come you don't have a brain...and not notice how you missed this golden opportunity?

The fact is you were a lucky one who found a decent job in China...however many other college grads are not so lucky and couldn't find a decent paying job..and now have to work outside the country...and not really by choice...more out of desperation.
they're being paid 2x the GDP per capita (which is always higher than the average salary). you tell an American graduating from a no name state university that by going to Africa he can make 150k all expenses paid, or make 40k as an office drone in the US, what do you think he'll choose?

In a sense, this is also a competition for the supply of high-level education, and there is an oversupply of universities. From the demographic dividend to the engineer dividend.

The first Chinese PDF member here that sees the issue I'm bringing up. Congrats I guess on being "easily fooled"!! :rolleyes1:

Isn't there a time machine theory? Going to a post-developing country to invest and start a business has a better chance of achieving class advancement.

There are both advantages and disadvantages. If you are in a line of work that is core infrastructure related then being there early may be better as the compensation will likely be higher. Later as competition arises that benefit may be tougher.

In the future, in the field of infrastructure construction engineering, Asian, African and Latin American countries and some traditional manufacturing and service industries should have similar overseas assignments in other developing countries.

To a point in developing countries. Eventually you'll need locals working for your company to help as your daily front men/women.

I'm sure it was easier for American/British financial firms to have large investors hand them money when they can talk details with some locally hired financial manager. Or have some Chinese manager at China Tesla to smooth out production/employee issues during the Covid lockdowns.

Last edited:
There are alot of Chinese in Africa specifically in Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Bostwana, Nambia, Zambia and Angola which means mostly in the richer southern parts of the continent..

I ran into many Chinese folks in Kenya and Bostwana even had the pleasure to break bread with one of them and attend a festival. Super fun dude who was out for adventure and work he got overly drunk but I don't blame him then we proceeded to have some fun with amazing Bostwana Women incredibly big boned and beautiful girls with large behinds

121255841_202484277966129_7201951619814435620_n.jpg

121263233_202484201299470_2091549628424212563_n.jpg

Never had better sex in my whole life I need to go back there sometime within the next 5 years
Ahahah....means you wont like Chinese girls then, since u seem to like girls with a big behind😂
I'm with you on this one. I have similar taste in women. I've travel alot and i think Africa and South America(Brazil, Venezuela etc oh lala) have the most beautiful girls. They got mad shape/curves.
Arab girls too are well endowed. 😊 East Asian girls are too skinny though, not my type as well

People go where opportunities are, that's human nature. I'm sure your ancestors came to America for the same reason: Lack of opportunities back home

I don't think people casually move overseas to work and live for years unless the benefits greatly outweigh what they could have at home. If there is a shortage of decent wage employment at home then that makes the overseas decision easier.

they're being paid 2x the GDP per capita (which is always higher than the average salary). you tell an American graduating from a no name state university that by going to Africa he can make 150k all expenses paid, or make 40k as an office drone in the US, what do you think he'll choose?

If we are using GDP per capita then your example is $70,000 as an office drone in the US or $140K in Africa.

An extra $70K....

You might actually find that to be a tough sell if somebody has to move to some of the least developed countries (like CAR)...unless they are African-American...or like some members here in this thread are showing...have some kind of fetish.

However if they move to some of the more developed ones (like Ghana) it may be an easier sell.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom