What's new

With own 5-Gen fighter project with Russia, should India need US jet?

Navy is going to order a max of 60 aircrafts...going for a ToT for that is useless.

And Faithfulguy...how can you know so much about AMCA even when it has not left the drawing boards?

i agree with u sir, F-35b will be a nice replacement for our sea harriers, given that they agree with full ToT and radar source codes. 30-40 of these birds will add a significant punch in our naval power.
Right now we are not getting this type of deal in F16 and F18 which are participating in MMRCA, then why do you think we would get in F35. Nobody is getting any tot, even the partner countries, who spend their money in the development.

Sounds like AMCA is absolete before it left the drawing board, just like LCA and Arjun. I don't think AMCA should be something that Indian AF should rely on. Instead, spend money to learn the technology and looking forward to the next generation plane (6th generation)instead of creating a full scale project that will be outdated when its ready.
Looks like, you are not realistic at all. You wanted a country who has never made a tank or a fighter jet with a lots of restrictions and not enough money(I am talking a decade ago situation) to develop a typhoon or rafale or Abraham mbt ???/
Both these efforts were first in their kind. Now like a educated and realistic guy wait for mk2, not just follow every other guy who reads a line about anything on the internet and start giving his/her opinion.

As far as AMCA is concerned, its timing is perfect. Whatever we will learn from fgfa would be implemented step by step into AMCA by this we would be sure that whatever we have learned is correct.

US is not giving TOT and radar source code to even partner countries who have put in billions of dollors in the program and you expect them to give it to us for buying 30-40 planes.
Let's be a bit realistic :cheers:

5 years ago no one even thought that USA will offer us F-35, now its a reality. With the introduction of PAK-FA, J-20 etc (which will be available with ToT to the customers), USA will face serious competition selling their F-35, so they might give limited ToT to attract customers. till then.................:lazy:

Back
Top Bottom