Within six years India will become third largest carmaker: PwC

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
KOLKATA, India, Sept. 19 (Xinhua) -- After the U.S. and China, by 2018, India is likely to become the third largest car manufacturer in the world as the European car market is shrinking and there is a shift in manufacturing in emerging economies, a top official of PwC said Wednesday.

By the end of last year, India was fifth after South Korea, Germany, Japan and China.

Felix Kuhnert, Partner at PwC and the Automotive Industry Leader for Europe, said registration numbers for the fifth year have declined in Europe and pointed out apart from the German firms, most carmakers in the region are finding it hard to post growth.The BRIC nations, along with recovery of the U.S. and Japanese markets, are expected to be "saviours" of the global car industry, which is slated to grow to 79 million units this year (from 74 million last year).

Kunhert said, "In Europe, the capacity utilisation is significantly below the average industry average of 75 per cent. The market cannot grow there because the demographics are such that the population is declining.

"The scrappage schemes announced a few years back had sucked a lot of demand out, because of which today customers are not buying cars," he added.

He felt that though Europe may see growth from next year, reaching the 2007 production of 19 million units will prove elusive, as in 2011, only about 16 million cars were made in Europe.

From next year India is unlikely to face any problem regarding car export.Kuhnert said that North-western Europe (the U.K., France and Germany) were expected see an improvement in small car demand from next year, though southern countries such as Spain and Italy would take longer to turnaround.

Europe is the biggest destination for Indian made small cars. Renault-Nissan and Hyundai export about half their production from India, while Indian car market leader Maruti Suzuki also supplies significant numbers overseas.

Within six years India will become third largest carmaker: PwC - Xinhua | English.news.cn

I hope more Indian Car brands rather than something like made in India "renault" or "hyundai". except Mahindra and Tata which Indian car manufacturer exists?

Most of the cars are manufactured in India for South Asian countries

Good for you guys!

However, whats the use of being biggest manufacturer if all you do is manufacture and not sell. Take example of Tata Nano which was much hyped and anticipated product and yet it failed in its impact. I am only commenting after reading what Ratan Tata has said recently

Nano needs another push, says Ratan Tata

Good for you guys!

However, whats the use of being biggest manufacturer if all you do is manufacture and not sell. Take example of Tata Nano which was much hyped and anticipated product and yet it failed in its impact. I am only commenting after reading what Ratan Tata has said recently

Nano had initial hiccups. Now the teething troubles have been overcome, and it is selling well. Tata is venturing into Indonesia and they plan to sell the 2013 Nano there

Good for you guys!

Yes whatever they have dreamed of, they couldn't quite achieve it..
NANO is good product but still most of the peole don't buy it because of its impression as the cheapest, coz no one would like to be called an owner of the world's cheapest car.. instead of that they would go for Alto,E-on,Estilo,etc which offer much space and safety.
Also uptill now almost 2.5-3 lakhs of nano has been sold including the exports.

safetywise, I will rather have My bet on Nano than the tinbox Alto.

What !!!!:blink:
You are rejecting the most sold car in India for that little aluminium ka dabba ??
Man in 2.2 lakh package alto is the best bet..

What !!!!:blink:
You are rejecting the most sold car in India for that little aluminium ka dabba ??
Man in 2.2 lakh package alto is the best bet..

Good for you guys!

what do u mean by that?

what u said can be applicable if one is producing something in mass scale but their own people are deprived of it....here the case is, after meeting the domestic demand we are exporting the surplus...so where did you see the problem? since our production capacity has increased do u expect we to force ppl to buy our product? and all dis has nothing to do with Nano...not all products see the success as expected by its developers..its a basic thing!

seems some problem in your thought process..may be u need to rephrase what u said..

Just want to repost my little compilation of the Auto manufacturing facilities in India . This list includes all the major players in the market. The factories marked in "*" refer to the ones under construction . Note- I have only named the major players, because otherwise it becomes too tedious

West Zone ( Maharashtra and Gujarat ) - Tata, Mercedes,Fiat,Volkswagen,Audi, Skoda,Mahindra and Mahindra, GM, Suzuki*, Ford*, Bajaj , Leyland,Piaggio, Vespa, Kinetic, citroen*,Peugeot*,Volvo*,Isuzu*,Harley Davidson*,Hyosung*

South Zone ( Tamil Nadu and Karnataka ) - Hyundai, Ford, Toyota, Daimler-Benz, Nissan, Renault, BMW, Mitsubishi,Royal Enfield, TVS,TAFE, Isuzu*,Volvo*, Citroen*, Peugeot*, Yamaha, Mahindra and Mahindra, Eicher,Triumph*,Tata, Leyland

North Zone ( Haryana, Rajasthan, NCR, Punjab)- Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Isuzu, Hero Honda, Leyland, TAFE

East Zone ( madhya pradesh , West Bengal )-HM, Eicher, Force, TAFE, Mahindra and Mahindra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom